“Price worthy alternative”

Ranked #77 of 123 Hotels in Miami
Kitchener, Canada
“Price worthy alternative”
Reviewed February 18, 2014 via mobile

The place was under construction when we were there, but it did affect our stay - not loud or dirty in the room.
Rooms are simple and clean. No hairdryers.
Coin laundry came in handy.
Front desk is ripping the people with the taxi. We needed a taxi to take us to a club and had front desk call it for us. Taxi kept not arriving, they kept pretending to call it. In the meantime we watched a lot of taxis come and go, but it was never for us. Eventually one of the staff offered to drive us (it was very close). Because we had waited so long, we had to pay a hefty cover charge at the club.
Next morning we needed a taxi to the port. Again they "called" a taxi and again we waited. We kept asking what is going on and they kept pretending to call and tell us 5 more minutes. After 1.5 hours my husband walked outside and flagged a taxi in (less than 1 minute). Taxi told us it is because they are calling friends instead of the legit taxi number. Beware!
If you are looking for a very affordable motel, this is a great deal for your money. Be sure to have your own transportation or be able to call for a taxi with your own device.

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Blitzpacker

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
  • Czech first
Rumney, New Hampshire
Reviewed February 1, 2014

As we pulled up to the Motel we were a little scared as the outside was looking pretty bad, but really I think it was part of their renovation. The room was clean an updated, even though it was an unusual style. The hotel didn't feel very safe, but for our one night stay it was acceptable. I wouldn't stay here if I was on vacation or if I was staying for more than one night, but for a layover between flights it was fine.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Polar_Caver
Reviewed January 14, 2014

I understand Motel 6 is a budget alternative, but the overall look of the internal and external areas are terrible! Except for the room, everything needs urgent and dramatic renovation. It's old, dirty and falling apart. Disgusting, really.

I had a 2 night reservation, but didn't feel safe to leave my luggage during the day, so I left 1 day before. The room was renovated and except for the AC, everything was OK inside the room.

The internet only works on the lobby.

Really, don't stay here. Pay a little more and look for better options around the same area.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Marcosalves
Cleveland, OH
Reviewed December 22, 2013

Stayed here one night before heading to the airport. They are remodeling the motel but are not doing a very good job. The bathroom is cheaply remodeled. The toilet is 6 inches away from the wall; the door is falling apart. The room wasn't clean. The sheets didn't look clean, hair and dirt. The floor was so filthy, I had to wash my feet again after I came out of the shower before I could put on my socks and shoes.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank MCCleveland
Miami, Florida
Reviewed August 20, 2012

this hotel is infested with BEDBUGS!!!!! my family got all bitten up by these nasty creatures we were swithced rooms but it was worse than the first one. manager was inconsiderate to us after we showed him our bugbites he denied that there were any insects in the rooms. HORRIBLE place to stay wouldn't recomment it to anyone

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
8 Thank christel p
Reviewed July 15, 2012

Stepped out for a moment only to
be asked why we're not leaving soon. No fridge/microwave, stain-ridden sofa and chairs, old wooden furniture, big mirror with some dirt on it, and a hallway upstairs that smells of weed.

Restroom was okay, tub was dirty looking, and as I write this, someone's banging my room door. I'm not answering it because I have a do not disturb sign on doornob.

Anyway, wifi is weak. There is no safe. Bed is hopefully okay. It's just a place to sleep. I don't trust the staff here so far from the way they speak to me.

• Stayed July 2012
9 Thank Peacefulvacationer
Ross-on-Wye, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 20, 2011

This hotel is perfect if you want a cheap place to overnight close to MIA. It is no good if you want luxury or atmosphere. There is no coffee shop and was no actual coffee when we rose at 0630 to get our flight. The room is basic but comfortable but the hotel is on a very busy dual carriageway so watch out for night noise from this as well as the airport nearby.

Room Tip: Get a room at the back away from the road