“Great location”

Ranked #47 of 122 Hotels in Miami
Newtown, United States
“Great location”
Reviewed July 11, 2014

Perfect location for the airport, clean and welcoming hotel with a friendly and knowledgeable staff. Restaurant was convenient with a reasonable menu and attentive waitress. Would definitely stay again for early morning flights out of Miami airport.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business

1 Thank Thomas K

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (421)
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed July 11, 2014

The bedroom, bathroom and bar area had the ambiance and look of a public restroom. I did not like it. The parking is $15.00 a day. Internet access was the same. Really? It's 2014 and every Starbucks offers free wifi and yet Hilton feels the need to charge for internet access and parking. Not impressed!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business

1 Thank Keith F
Reviewed July 8, 2014

We stayed there two nights three days for a family reunion. The service at the tiki bar by the pool was horrible spent 115 dollars in less than 20 minutes and the bartender treated us poorly. The food was not great. Our reservations were mixed up with other people having the same last name we were over charged. Had a hard time getting a refund. When it was time for the dinner the staff was very unfriendly and they ran out of food.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Thank emjroc0517 .
Hilton M, Exec Admin Asst. at Hilton Miami Airport, responded to this review, July 10, 2014
Dear "emjroc0517,"
Thank you for taking the time to share your review. We truly value your feedback.
We pride ourselves in providing each and every guest with a high quality experience and it seems we have fallen short during your recent stay. I sincerely apologize for any inconvenience caused to you while staying with us. I will follow up with my team immediately to ensure we take all necessary steps to make sure this does not happen in the future. Thank you again for sharing.
Best Regards.
west palm beach, United States
Reviewed July 8, 2014

As a AAA travel agent for over 20years, I will not be returning to this location and will not be recommending this to anyone. This Hilton needs to do better with parking (stop charging guest for parking also). Get microwave in rooms are at less on each floor and offer free internet.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends

1 Thank Natika W
Dear "Natika W,"
Best Regards.
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed July 7, 2014

We stayed for July 4th weekend, we were amazed at how nice and clean the room was. Be careful with the mini bar in your room, if you take anything out just to look at it they will charge you. Overall the hotel grounds were very well maintained, the pool was nice and clean. The breakfast buffet in the coral café is amazingly good, good quality, We booked the room with the breakfast buffet included, It was $25 person for two days. They do charge $15 for parking and more for valet parking. I would definitely stay here with my family again.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank Adventureousmel
Reviewed July 5, 2014

Front desk was very nice, we checked in late and they provided what I requested. Ms. Kenia from housekeeping was also very helful, we had two rooms while she was cleaning one of the rooms she knock on the other room to let me know I forgot my shoes. I didn't have time to explore around the hotel since I only visited Miami for one day. Also came back a couple of hours later to pick up another item that we left and Security had the item ready for us. Everybody from the staff was very friendly. Its about 20min from Miami Beach Very close to the airport.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends

2 Thank 95andreah
Curacao
Reviewed July 1, 2014

This may sound petty, but after a 20 hour trip, the last 3 hours of which were due to weather delays where we had the joy of refueling stops and then sitting on the tarmac in Miami for just under an hour while we waited for a gate to open, I was ready for a drink. So I dropped my bags in my room and went downstairs to sit at the bar.

I don't mind waiting all that much, but the barman was literally 3 feet from my face, I was alone, at a bar with 4 other people and he spent a good 2 minutes finishing off his anecdote to a couple at the bar before he asked me to place my order. When you're sitting alone at a bar and the guy is not listening to a story, he's telling the story, 2 minutes is a really long time.

Everything else was great.

Room Tip: Ask for one near the elevator, it can be quite a maze to get to your room otherwise.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank PhlashPhlash
Hilton M, Exec Admin at Hilton Miami Airport, responded to this review, July 2, 2014
Dear "PhlashPhlash,"
Thank you for selecting the Hilton Miami Airport for your recent stay and taking time to share your feedback with us via Trip Advisor! It is only through valuable customer feedback that we can improve our services. We appreciate your comments regarding your lobby bar experience, we will be sure to share this with our team. Our team works hard to ensure that you and all our guests receive outstanding service.
Again, we thank you for selecting the Hilton Miami Airport. We look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back in the near future!
Best Regards