“End of Vacation” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #38 of 119 Hotels in Miami
Sylvania, United States
“End of Vacation”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013

We stayed at the Hilton for our last night of vacation before flying home. We stayed 10 days in the Florida Keys and wanted to be close to the Airport for early flight next morning. We chose the Hilton primarily based on our prior experience with this particular Hilton Hotel. Great staff, cleanliness of room, good food and shuttle to the Airport was very punctual.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (368)
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Indianapolis, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013

nice lobby and ammenities. quick checkin and checkout. price does not include breakfast or in-room internet. room phone did not work and you could hear next door room conversations...............................

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business

Bermuda Dunes
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013

Excellent hotel near the airport, The free shuttle to the airport was very helpful. The room was clean and neat with a nice modern decor. I would stay here again. However there was one issue with check-in. As a Hilton Honors Gold member, I was 2nd in line to check in but these rude people from South America kept cutting in and walking up to the front desk, and the two counter workers let them do it. While still waiting in line 2 more employees opened up. Insteed of calling for the next in line they again allowed a few jerks to crowd in. Those behind me, and I were not happy about that. When I did get to the front desk I called them on it and she just ignorred me.
The check-in was just Pathetic. After writing this I think I've changed my mind. I will never check into this hotel again, ever.
High marks for the hotel, but the check-in staff needs to be fired.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 stars
Grove City, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

I had friendlier service from my taxi driver! No one at this hotel smiles or is polite. They don't offer a continental breakfast. Because there are no other dining options in the area, you have no choice but to eat in their highly over priced restaurant. Would never stay there again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 1 of 5 stars

Brisbane, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013 via mobile

This is the third time I've stayed at the Airport Hilton in transit to South America and after 26 hours of travel from Australia it's great to have a room that's quite, comfortable bed and a shower with heaps of hot water.

The shuttle service to and from the airport is a bonus and the staff are attentive however.
My only complaint is the restaurant menu is very ordinary and the food quality is way below par for a Hilton Hotel .... The Caesar Salad is the worst example of a Caesar Salad I've ever had in my travels over the last 20 years internationally.

I'll return for the accommodation but not the restaurant !!!!

Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013

I'm only giving a 4 because the rooms are above average.
Upon arriving you need to park you own car, I didn't see a valet or the option. The lobby is old, outdated and kind of smells like the water that is flowing through their "stream". I am a Diamond member and I arrived at 2:30pm, there was no room ready. No problem - I asked about food and where I could get a late lunch onsite. The front desk clerk told me the bar or restaurant are both serving food. I walked to the bar and as soon as I came around the corner the bartender looked at me and said "I don't open until 3." No hello, no I'm sorry. So I proceeded to the restaurant. It took about 10 minutes for a server to come to me because they were all sitting down in the back, as they close at 3. So getting food from the kitchen when the employees were already "done for the day" was a hard task. I got a steak salad that was by no means worth the $18. I was hungry so I ate it.
I got a call that my room was ready! The room was fresh, clean, and updated. Thank god! The bathroom was small, but they removed the tub and it was glass/marble shower with an extra large shower head which made up for the space.
I will come back, but only because the rooms are great!

Room Tip: Get an airport runway view! It's cool to watch the planes!
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank MatthewD713
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013

We did stay for the fourth time at Hilton Blue Lagoon. During September our stay was of five days. Certainly, Hilton has high standards in service and is always a safe choice.
The Hotel is fantastic, recently renovated: rooms, common areas, bar, restaurant and the new business center which is pretty cool.
And the cleanliness of the property as usual is second to none.

Room Tip: Suites are large confortable bed complete privacy betwen bedroom and living room
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple