“Good hotel, poor value.”

Hilton Miami Airport
Ranked #45 of 122 Hotels in Miami
São Paulo, Brazil
“Good hotel, poor value.”
Reviewed April 23, 2013

The hotel has in pretty good condition and the general experience has good. The value however falls short of expectations. Just about every single convenience item is charged extra which doesn't really helps. There are other options near by the airport which suit better a business trip.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (411)
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Duffel, Belgium
Reviewed April 23, 2013

Usually at the end of our vacation in the Carribean or Florida we ended up at the Hilon Miami Airport. Our first stay was in 1984, followed by numerous busijness trips stays when I used to work for AA (based in Belgium). Everytime it was a nice and a very comfortable time. The location is on one side the airport, on the other one a nice bay where you see the beautifull villas with their private docking for their yacht and the city skyline in th e evening is spectacular. On our last stay, we discovered the hotel had undergo a full makeover, and the result is wonderfull! Our room (nr 448) was a double bed and very spacious.The bar and the restaurant are very well decorated and situated in the lobby,but you don't have that feeling, I would say it is coosy. The restaurant has good quality and especially the personel is first class. Friendly and efficient. We were now with our 9 year old daughter who enjoyed very much the pool. In the evening we were served by Yvette and she was very helpfull with the menu for our daughter, who is a difficult eater. Yvette went above and beyond to find the right meal for her. Overall I recommend this Hilton and the rates are absolutely honest.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Willy V
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed April 19, 2013

To: Raul Aguilera:

We recently stayed here unexpectedly after having to spend an extra night due to a flight delay. We were very tired and very hungry! We had no reservation; however, after checking online, noticed there were rooms available, so decided on this hotel due to proximity to airport and the star rating via web.

The front desk was very kind and helpful. However, we must especially note the wonderful service we received from RUBEN JARAMILLO!! He was very kind, very helpful, and explained the menu and property in detail to us. A very excellent employee.

Overall, this is a good hotel. The rooms very nice and very clean and updated. The pool area is nice, too, as well as the bar area. We would return to this hotel if we were in the airport area again.

Room Tip: Always ask for a high floor away from the service elevator for a quiet room. Also, at this hotel you...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Twickenham
Reviewed April 18, 2013

We stayed one night on our way to Belize from London. We were very impressed with the room, clean and tidy and a very generous size. Sadly there was some building work in the foyer so the Hotel bar was a bit improvised but the staff were still friendly and helpful. We had a good nights sleep and breakfast delivered to the room by a very friendly and helpful waiter. The shuttles are very easy to and from Miami airport and all in all we thought this was excellent value. We booked via Expedia and got a really great deal.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Fort Washington, Maryland
Reviewed April 16, 2013

We stayed for (1) night waiting to catch a 7 day cruise out of Miami. I would rate the overall of the hotel a 3 star. The menu selection was limited so we did not have dinner on site.
The gift shop on site is not connected with the hotel. I experienced purchasing a watch that did not work that I immediately returned once exiting the shop. There are no signs in the shop posted sale finial only exchanges. You received this info. on a receipt after the purchase is completed. I spoke with the shop clerk and hotel manager following the purchase. And both could not resolve above or return my funds. I spoke with the shop supervisor the following morning and informed her that nothing is posted in the store prior to purchase. This is a typical case of buyer beware. This could not be resolved by the shop supervisor and Hilton could not resolve even though this store is operating under their establishment.
I am a Hilton honor member and feel that this is a reflection of the hotel to the travelers that support the hotel. I will not be returning to this location or recommended to my many friends that travel.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Houston, Texas
Reviewed April 14, 2013

Great location, shuttle, rooms, TV/movies, meals and service. In my experience the airport hotel is a "hold up". This is excellent value and extremely convenient. Can you tell I liked it? I'd recommend it to my family, friends and colleagues. Best over-nighter in America!

Room Tip: I was pleased to see the wonderful upgrade and the overall great experience. Its not the Ritz Carlto...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank FilsProdigue
Burnsville, MN
Reviewed April 12, 2013

I have had the opportunity to stay at the Miami Airport Hilton on at least eight occasions in the past two years. It is always my first choice of hotel in the area when I am on business. The renovations have added much appeal to the property, but it is the service that keeps me coming back. Almost every staff member goes out of their way to provide friendly, professional service. I am always dependent on the shuttle service for transportation during my stay and it is bar none the best shuttle staff I have ever encountered. That says a great deal as I stay in a hotel over 100 nights a year. The very best are Mychal and Hector who always exceed my expectations. Morrie at the bar always does as well. If you are on business in the area, I highly recommend this property.

Room Tip: I prefer to look over the pool, but I am never bothered by airport noise regardless of which side of...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business