“Awesome”

Hilton Miami Airport Blue Lagoon
Ranked #43 of 128 Hotels in Miami
Reviewed April 10, 2013

My flight was canceled due to bad weather and the airlines placed me and my colleagues there for a night.

Nice service, hall had LCD panels displaying flight statuses.
Room was great and spotless. Slept really well.
There was a basketball court and a swimming pool.
The best part was the breakfast. Oh my, what a feast that was.
Infinite choices and the food was delicious.

The only downside is that I had to pay extra for Wifi (just couple of bucks though) :/

Nonetheless you get exactly what you pay for or in this case - the airline paid for :)

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
Write a ReviewReviews (3,342)

Reviewed April 9, 2013

We stayed here one night after arriving at the airport late. Check-in took a while as there were a lot of people.
The room was big and spacious, clean, even with view.
As we were tired we ordered room service - it took over 30mins for our food to arrive and the pizza and burger were cold and not great. Would have expected more from a Hilton.
Also, at this price of room I would have expected the Internet to be free of charge.
The cooked breakfast was good but again took its time. Also rather pricey.

All in all not a bad hotel for a night - but for that price I would have expected a bit more.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 9, 2013

originally we were booked into the Sheraton Miami Airport Hotel but Celebrity cruises made a reservation for my husband and I in the Hilton and the kids in the Sheraton!!!! My kids are 15 and 13 so staying in a different hotel was not happening. The Hilton arranged for 2 adjoining rooms so off we went. The rooms were huge, clean with a panoramic view over some of the city and airport. We all slept very well as the beds were extremely comfortable and after a 9 hour flight we were exhausted. We paid for the continental breakfast the next morning and the staff were extremely attentive.This hotel has some nice grounds to walk around and considering we were only minutes away from the airport found it to be very pleasant and quiet. We would stay here again but probably get a better deal including the breakfast next time.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed April 8, 2013

We stayed at the Hilton in March 2013 great shuttle service to the hotel from the airport! I must say the most comfortable bed I have ever slept in! After traveling for 22 hours I could not have asked for a better nights sleep! Highly recommend this hotel if you need to stay close to the airport

• Stayed: March 2013
Reviewed April 8, 2013

I just had a great time staying in this hotel last week. They have a wonderful service. It is quite comfortable and also practical because it is close to the airport and two nice malls. I recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed April 8, 2013

The room was nice but not over the top. Dinner was good but nothing extrodinary.

My husband and I both drank the bottled water in the room before we realized there was $3.50 a bottle charge. So we were more careful after that. Be sure to not lift anything in the tiny fridge unless you want to buy it. They charge you for it, if it is picked up for more than a few seconds.

We didn't get much sleep thanks to the loud people next door.

They need to fix the noise from the escalator right at the dining area! It is not a pleasant sound to hear throughout your meals!

The best thing was the breakfast. Great food and plenty of choices!

Great location to get to and from the airport.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 8, 2013

This property is about 7 to 10 minutes from the airport. Not much, to nothing to do around the property.
Check in was quick and smooth, the room was ready.
The room was in excellent condition with plenty of amenities, towels, very good water pressure etc.

The bed was quite lovely and there were sufficient pillows in good condition.
The hotel has a on-site (slightly) heated pool, in which you can "laps" if you swim around and get there early before the crowds settle in. The hot tub is next to the pool, good temperature except that it had too much foam/chemicals in it.
I did not try the gym, there is an on-site outside track available.

There was good internet coverage around and it was at a good, non-interrupted speed.
I only had breakfast, although it was ok to good, it was very overpriced for what you get at the breakfast buffet. (Hilton. mgt, please evaluate your pricing here)
A lot of customers seemed to be using comp coupons?

That's it.
Enjoy.

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking Miami, GREAT sunrise view!!!