“Horrible experience, don't recommend it” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton Miami Airport

Hilton Miami Airport
Ranked #40 of 121 Hotels in Miami
Illinois, United States
“Horrible experience, don't recommend it”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

The only reason I gave this hotel 1 star is because they were really nice about letting me check in early, otherwise the rest of the stay was a disaster. I do not like to put out negative reviews, so I guess this will be the first.

1. They do not specify that breakfast cost $22+ dollars. When you get there they tell you to enjoy their buffet as if it were free, and then you come to find out it actually cost.

2. Where is Valet? Valet is no where to be found and even the people working there does not know who valet is. They fail to tell you that you would use your room key card to get in and out of the gate.

3. They charge you $15.00 per night to park your own car, and $20.00 per night to valet park your car. I tried to do valet for about 2 hours but valet could not be found, so I gave up.

4. I asked if they had any silverware we could use and the person at the desk just made a face like it was the craziest request she ever heard of. She did not really try to help with this request.

5. We decided to head out of the Hilton to run some errands come back and our key card is denied at the gate to enter the hotel, thankfully they have a ticket system that allowed me to get a ticket which opened the gate. Why would my room card be denied if I was not checking out until the next day?

6. They failed to tell us that if you move things around in the refrigerator, you would be charged for it. This one might have been my fault for not reading the paper on the door but I think when there is something automatically charging your account they should tell you when you check in, that if you open the fridge and take things out to look at it, you will be charged. Thankfully they said they would check and verify everything was there.

7. We asked for towels multiple times, at least 3 times and did not get them until the 3rd try.

8. At the end of our stay, no one asked us how it was, they simply did not care.

9. The beds are so uncomfortable, we woke up in pain.

There is a lot more to this story but hopefully that will give you an idea of the service we endured. I called my mom in law and she is canceling her reservation for next weekend, no one wants to spend almost $600.00 for bad service, rude employees who could care less about the customer or their jobs.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
    • 1 of 5 stars
    • 1 of 5 stars
5 Thank Tanisha M

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (374)
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Wales
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

In December we booked a day room at the Sofotel Hotel Miami airport . Our room was big and comfortable, and the food we ordered in the lobby was fantastic, transport to the airport was frtequent and free. All in all a good stay.

Last month we tried to book the Sofotel for another day room before flying back to the UK. The hotel was full so we ended up booking the Hilton Miami airport. The room was fine, however the costs was twice the price for the Sofotel. We ordered a meal to be delivered to the outside restaurant tables, as between 2pm and 6pm the restaurant was closed. Not impressed at paying restaurant prices for a chicken sandwich in a plastic container and plastic cutlery.

For anyone needing a day room near the airport then I would suggest the Sofotel hotel, not the Hilton hotel.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank disneydollar
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

After a 3 1/2 hr degradation with 1000s of others upon entering the US at the Customs and Immigration at Miami Airport we took our bags and scooted off to the Hilton Miami Airport hotel via their shuttle. The shuttle was complimentary with the nicest, most polite gentleman driving. He took us directly to the hotel which was a balm in a stormy sea.

We were treated to an upgrade (thanks to our HH membership) and surrounded in comfort and luxury in a newly updated suite. I love this hotel!!!

The restaurant had closed but the bar was still open and we ordered a flatbread pizza and bruschetta. The bartender was also delightful and friendly.

I have stayed at many hotels near this airport but this is now my home base since all flights to the Caribbean seem to involve an overnight layover here. While I dread facing the Miami Airport (everyone there seems to be rude) I am thrilled to be treated like a human with a soul instead of cattle to the slaughter. We had a non-eventful shuttle back to the airport w this kind driver the next day.

Room Tip: Ask for something quiet away from elevators and vending machines.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Henderson, Nevada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

Arrived last night for a one-night pre-cruise stay. We arrived at the hotel shuttle pick-up curb around 7:45, we waited almost 40 minutes for a shuttle to arrive. I called the hotel after 20 min. of waiting & was assured that one would be along "shortly." Had we known it would be another 20 min, we would've taken a cab. Now that I have described this NEGATIVE impression of this hotel, let me get to the good stuff!

Once we finally got to the Hilton Honors check-in desk, my husband mentioned the shuttle debacle. The desk clerk apologized for our experience & offered us two complimentary appetizers in the bar & complimentary breakfasts the next morning. When we got to our room, 932, we discovered that we were in a small suite. What a nice surprise! The room was spacious with contemporary furnishings. The bathroom, while a little small, had good lighting & nice toiletries. They get a couple of points off for having only 2 bath towels...I had to use a hand towel to wrap my wet hair in this morning.

The front desk staff were pleasant & efficient, granting our request for late checkout this morning. The bar staff were also very nice as was our waitress this morning in The Cove Cafe.

While we were occasionally awakened by the occasional rumble of airplanes taking off @ odd hours of the night (hey, it's an airport hotel!), we would definitely stay here again if the situation called for it.

• Stayed March 2013
Redondo Beach
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013

I stayed here for 3 nights in March 2013. The hotel is close to the airport but not too close and was priced reasonably during a busy time in Miami. The rooms looked good (recent renovation) however the grounds around the hotel were dirty and had lots of garbage, cigarette butts etc. There did not seem to be anybody minding the details. The gift shop inside the hotel (even though probably run separately) did not get any newspaper deliveries on one of the days I was there so there was no way to get a daily paper without walking about 3/4 of a mile to a mall nearby. The main hotel bar was closed during the 2 of the evenings I was there and I felt an overall coldness and laissez faire attitude to clients.

When I saw that the the Hilton flag was hanging upside down from the flagpole outside the property my theory about lack of attention to details was confirmed.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013 via mobile

Needed a hotel for one night before our cruise. Chose this for location. Loved that there was a free shuttle from airport to hotel. I'm a Hilton Gold member and got upgraded to a beautiful suite when we arrived! Our room was breathtaking! Too bad loud music was playing out at the pool, only downside. Loved the breakfast in the morning. Walked to the grocery, nice walk. No complaints. Very nice hotel!!!

• Stayed March 2013
Riverview, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013

The renovation at this location is finally complete and the hotel has improved. Great fitness center. Nice grounds to walk around. Staff is friendly and helpful. The breakfast is good but not worth the $22 asked for it. Saw a family of six look at the menu and turn around and say no breakfast here let's walk to Burger King. The pool area is very nice. Ample paid parking. Fishing in the lagoon so bring a poll.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business