“Excellent service. Convenient location!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hilton Miami Airport

Hilton Miami Airport
Ranked #45 of 121 Hotels in Miami
Beautiful Barbados
“Excellent service. Convenient location!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2013

The hotel is clean, feels fresh and friendly. The staff is so acommodating and pleasant, you're treated as though they've known you forever. The breakfast buffet is GREAT!
My husband and I rented a car through the hotel and we had a little wait. As a result, without asking, we were given an update to a luxury verhicle. That was quite nice.

A really great experience.

Room Tip: Sign up for Hilton Honours membership to receive great perks. The higher the floor, the better the v...
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (403)
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 24, 2013

With almost all business hotels in the Biscayne Bay area of Miami priced at nearly $500/night this past week, I decided to have my team stay at the Miami Airport Hilton for just under $200/night. Great decision. Two of us were upgraded to suites. Great surprise! Mine, a corner suite with a balcony, overlooked the lagoon and the airport with beautiful sunrise views. The living room furnishings are quite tropical and very functional. The bedroom was well appointed with a spacious desk, sitting area and very comfortable bed. The bathroom was quite large with a magnificent sink (which I'll remember during our home renovation) and a large shower with a sliding glass door and very interesting tiling. Service at breakfast the next morning was a bit haphazard but I suspect it was due to how busy they were (all tables were taken), but the buffet was plentiful and looked great. Checkout was quick and easy. I very much appreciated the Front Office Manager as well as the Front Office representatives, at different points, thanking me for my Hilton loyalty. It's nice to be recognized for being loyal to a brand. If your travels take you to Miami and the airport area is convenient (keep in mind that traffic in Miami...and specifically, Route 836 which is the main East-West thorough near the airport) can be awful at almost all hours), stay at this Hilton.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Dan F
Atlantic Beach, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 23, 2013

Had several good experiences during our stay at this hotel. Firstly we were bumped up to a mini suite, which was beautifully appointed with comfortable furniture and light streaming in from all the windows. The welcome on checking in was warm, and when asked if we could possibly do anything for our friends traveling with us, who were not diamond members, we were immediaterly given breakfast coupons for them. Robert, who was working as a door person, made a reservation for dinner for us in the short absence of the concierge.. Forgot our passports in our room safe, but they were safe guarded by security, and a driver from another Hilton where we were staying prior to a group tour, drove us to and from your hotel, so we could retireve them. Cannot say enough about our experiences for the past twelve years at various Hilton properties. Thanks for your special treatment.

Room Tip: Ask for an upgrade if available, and smile!!!! Corner suites are fabulous.
1 Thank cmtoron
Oak Ridge, New Jersey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 20, 2013

The lobby/desk was clean and attractive, and the staff was pleasant, professional and helpful. We got upgraded to a Junior Suite which was clean and secure with standard amenities, mostly in good order - The TV decided to mute itself late at night, and I only briefly got the volume back before the set went dark. No news or weather in the morning is not good,
On the other hand, everything else worked, and we got two complimentary bottles of water, as wll as complimentary appetizers and non-alcoholic drinks in the bar.
The gated parking was a little annoying to figure out, but at least we had the added security. Hotel shuttles, while they only take you to/from the airport, were efficient.

Room Tip: Airport noise isn't bad, but maybe the side away from the airport is even quieter!?
dandrejic
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 20, 2013

So. This is why I’m writing this. I never had a reservation at the hotel. I was on a Cruise line that used the Hotel as a “holding” hotel after the cruise so all the guests store the luggage, have lunch, drinks before we all for our flights (easy money for the hotel). I was planning to send two packages to the hotel so they can hold it for me not more than 5 days. I called them and it took me 5 minutes with the operator to explain the situation but first answer was No. I spoke with the manager who sad it can’t be done… that is fine.

So they refused my $20 that I would pay for storing plus $10 more that I would give for a tip. My point is… They first said No to the email address of the concierge (like I asked for his personal phone number). Then they said No to my money… Why would I give them $150 plus for the room if they don’t want my $20 with no efforts on their side.

In hotel industry, that I’m a part of, its always easier to bring money in then to cut costs… Because you have to cut hours, services ect. Even if one potential guest reads this and thinks that I’m right, they will not lose my $30 they will lose that one guest who could have paid $150. I arranged everything with a different hotel.

If you call a hotel and the first answer is No to a request that you think it’s reasonable.. call a different hotel who will say YES or even No but with the explanation.

Stayed February 2013
1 Thank dandrejic
Hilton M, Exec. Admin. Asst. at Hilton Miami Airport, responded to this review, February 22, 2013
Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. I can assure you that we never want to be anything less than helpful and I apologize for the unsatisfactory experience you had. Please contact me directly so I can gather more details and personally apologize. 305.265.3800
Kind regards
Salvador, BA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 16, 2013

If you are lucky enough to catch the airport shuttle, you should be in your room within 20 minutes. If you just missed it, expect a hefty 45 minutes, which can be tiresome after a transcontinental flight. Rooms are all right, with slightly worn-out bathrooms.

Room Tip: Upon arrival at the airport, make sure you wait for the shuttle at the departure level.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Hilton M, Executive Admin. at Hilton Miami Airport, responded to this review, February 25, 2013
Dear “Salvador2011”:
Thank you for selecting the Hilton Miami Airport for your recent stay and taking time to share your feedback with us via Trip Advisor! It is only through valuable customer feedback that we can improve our services. Indeed our Complimentary Airport Shuttle runs from 5am – 1am daily and goes through the airport approximately every 20 minutes. If at any moment you find yourself in the situation of waiting for the shuttle, please call the hotel operator directly (305-262-1000) and they will contact the Shuttle Driver’s ETA.
Again, we are honored you selected the Hilton Miami Airport! We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future!
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 15, 2013

Our caring waitress Paula has been serving breakfast at this hotel almost every day since it opened some 30 years ago. Inevitably we are jetlagged and out of our comfort and time zone when staying at this hotel, but Paula makes waking up to breakfast a welcoming experience. Once the new lobby bar has been completed and the construction noises eliminated, this hotel will have been given a new lease of life. The bedrooms are much improved, along with a super newly equipped gym. And even the ageing shuttle buses have been renewed.......not before time!
Views of the lagoon, soften the views of this well located airport hotel.

Room Tip: Choose a room with a balcony facing the runways on a lower floor if you are an avid plane-spotter! T...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear “Stephen R”:
Thank you for selecting the Hilton Miami Airport for your recent stay and taking time to share your feedback with us via Trip Advisor! We are pleased to hear you were satisfied with your accommodations and your overall experience. We are glad to hear your positive experience at our restaurant, Coral Café, with Paula! We assure you that our professional and friendly staff is committed to ensuring that all of our guests stays are both enjoyable and comfortable. We will be sure to share your comments with our team; it is only through valuable customer feedback that we can improve our services. We look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back in the near future!
Best Regards.