“Good, close to airport ... but too close to airport” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton Miami Airport

Hilton Miami Airport
Ranked #38 of 119 Hotels in Miami
Wales
“Good, close to airport ... but too close to airport”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

This is a good standard of hotel with the expected levels of service and accomodation. Clean and tidy. A really nice outdoor pool which you CAN swim in,, plus hot-tub to relax too. Plus a trail to walk around the hotel including a walk-way which goes out onto the lake. Great views over the lake from some rooms.
Negatives - from the hotel you have the adjacent highway, then the runway for MIA. Although the windows are double glazed, my room suffered a LOT of noise. At night I could hear individual vehicles on the road, and aircraft taxiing. Worse was aircraft taking off - and they do through the night - which woke me up every time.
Food is reasonable, although on my first night was warm and not hot, being served on a cold plate. Areas on the ground floor are currently being refurbished, so the bar is VERY small - accomodating around 30 people max. Also beware that the bar will automatically add an 18% service charge if there is 6 or more of you ordering drinks .. and then they still left the tip line open for you to add too on the bill!
For business users wanting to hire projectors - beware! The hire rate is very expensive ($700/day) so take your own ...
Service was good, the bedroom a good size and bed comfortable.

Room Tip: Beware of aircraft noise
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 4 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (368)
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Zürich, Switzerland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

Quite close to MIA, this is pretty much a standard Hilton offering, nothing special but nothing horrible either. Pickup from the airport via the hotel shuttle works quite well, and it's maybe a 10-15 minute ride to or from the hotel.

The hotel is quite close to one of the runways, though, so take earplugs if you want to not get woken up at 6am. Convenient if needing a place to stop over inbetween flights, but there's not much else around.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Londonderry, New Hampshire
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

Dining options limited to the restaurant - prices are large; portions are small. Don't even think about the "express" breakfast. My biscuit sandwich was absolutely inedible with the biscuit resembling a hockey puck. Location is such that a cab is required for any other food service. Rooms were as expected with good bedding and decent climate control. As a Hilton Honors member who had forgotten my card, I was somewhat chargined that the property could not look up my number. Most distrubing - I opted for the emailed folio. My stay was 9 days ago and the email has yet to show up!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars
Hilton M, Exec. Admin. Asst. at Hilton Miami Airport, responded to this review, February 1, 2013
As a loyal rewards member we value your feedback and appreciate you alerting us to some of the issues you experienced. I'm sharing your feedback regarding the express breakfast items with our culinary team and apologize for the disappointment. I'm also sorry for the misunderstanding regarding your rewards number information and the delay in getting back to you. It is only through valuable customer feedback that we can improve our services. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel!
Kind regards,
Duluth, MN
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

The positives of this hotel are: a very convenient van service to/from airport, great staff.
( especially in the restaurant and also in the bar, which did a great job with my smallish order one busy evening) and a very attractive location with rooms to match(Gold Honors membership brought us a nice upgraded room with a fabulous view.) The pool area is also lovely. The negatives are its isolation from Coral Gables ( we took a 17 dollar round trip taxi ride just to have some fun Ecuadorean food in CG), the noise from planes when sitting outside, and lukewarm food when ordered in the pool area - not good when looking forward to a great Cuban sandwich!

My one cleanliness complaint involved room service trays that were not picked up promptly enough from the hall in my opinion .......there ought to be a system for this. The exercise room was fine when we were there.

Room Tip: The rooms with balconies on the corners are very nice.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

This hotel is very close to the Miami international airport. This location is very helpful for people who needs to catch early morning flights like us. It also provides very good service including gym and pool. I got free breakfast since I am a Hilton gold member. The food was in excellent quality.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Midland, Michigan, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

My mom and I shared a room at this hotel December 27-31, 2012. The hotel was beautiful, pool clean and spacious, and staff friendly. Some may consider the frequent take-off and/or landing of planes nearby a nuisance but we really enjoyed the sounds and found it soothing. The only downfall of this hotel was that it was not super close to restaurants and stores. (The hotel restaurant was pricey.) I would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Jennifer K
Winchester, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013 via mobile

My partner and I had taken my nieces and nephew to Key West for vacation. We flew into Miami and drove to Key West. We decided to come back a day early and stay in a hotel near the airport. I am a Hilton Honors member so I chose this property. The bellman took our bags after waiting in front for what I think was a little long as they weren't busy but I was willing to give them the benefit of the doubt. Check in was fine. I thought the lobby was bright and well decorated. I did have an issue with the fact that after check in I had to hunt down the bellman to let him know our room number and even then someone else delivered our bags (we had tipped the first guy and then had to tip the second as well) The room was fine. The view however was pretty nice overlooking a lake. My biggest challenge with this property and experience was the cleanliness of the hotel in general. The hallway carpets looked like that had seen better days. The carpet in our room was also soaking wet in front of the tv. The fitness room was a DISASTER. Half the cardio equipment had malfunctioning screens and EVERYTHING was filthy. There wasn't even anything to clean or disinfect the equipment. That being said, the pluses were that the front desk staff was incredibly helpful. The outside of the property was very pretty and well maintained. The parking is expensive and the lot is difficult to navigate. Would I stay again? Maybe but probably not.

Stayed January 2013, traveled with family