“Wish we could have stayed longer!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hilton Miami Airport

Hilton Miami Airport
Ranked #45 of 121 Hotels in Miami
Newton, Kansas
“Wish we could have stayed longer!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 24, 2012

We arrived in the late evening, after a long flight. The shuttle bus picked us up and we were transported the short ride to the airport. We were greeted by a friendly person at the front desk. Check in was super simple and took seconds. We went up the elevator, found our room to be new and nicely decorated and very clean. We were starving after a long day of flying and we found the bar to be open and serving food so we thought we would give it a try. The food there was very good. We had a very pleasant night's sleep, the bed was very comfortable. I would definitely stay at this hotel again, but I would hope I could stay longer to enjoy it more.

Room Tip: Ask for a view of the water.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank SHarrisonKansas

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (402)
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Norway
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 24, 2012

This is a Hilton build in the US, so it has a grand entrance and lobby. I personally prefer a lobby with some atmosphere to it not only grandstanding. The front staff were slow less than helpfull and certainly not friendly, an important part of a hotel, and where they fail somewhat. The staf in the breakfast restaurant was better, the breakfast itself was good. The room was large and comfortable. Having all this space I am surprised that they do not make the bath room larger with separate shower. This would make the bathroom more comfortable as well, the room was more than large enough for this.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Osloboy
Hilton M, Exec. Admin. Asst. at Hilton Miami Airport, responded to this review, October 29, 2012
I appreciate your review of your recent experience at our hotel. I'm very sorry you had a disappointing experience with us and I have addressed these issues with our staff. We will be sure to offer our staff additional trainings to ensure we give our guests exceptional guest services. We’ll also look into guest room reconfiguration for any future enhancements that take place. Thank you once again for your comments. Best Regards.
San Francisco, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2012

It's with sadness that I write an updated review of the Hilton Miami Airport - last fall I gave them four stars and was very impressed. My recent four night stay has totally changed my opinion, however. I encountered numerous problems - half of the elevators were out during my stay (and there were several conferences and events going on during my stay, so the wait was always very long), the hallway outside my room was regularly lined with trash, and I had much difficulty getting anyone to ever pick up the phone at the restaurant, room service or the concierge desk. I mentioned these difficulties during my stay several times, but nothing was ever addressed or fixed - I just received apologies.

Upon departure I sent an email detailing my issues to the hotel manager and Hilton Honors (I am a Diamond member) asking for a partial refund or extra Hilton Honors points. Their only response was to apologize, and offer me "special VIP services" if I were to return to their property again. After spending close to $1,000 for such poor service, why in the world would I want to spend MORE money at this property? I'm incredibly disappointed with the Hilton Miami Airport and can't recommend that anyone stay here. If you're a Hilton customer, there are several other properties next to the airport - steer clear of this one!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
4 Thank mhclauren
Columbus, Ohio
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2012

I have stayed at a lot of Hilton properties and have never experienced something quite like this before. Every property other than this one, greeted you at the door with a warm welcome and made you feel at home. First impression is key and I didn't feel welcomed at this hotel. The older gentleman who is the bellman was extremely rude. If you were not cuban or african american you basically were treated like dirt. The front desk was not friendly what so ever. Those employees should be friendly and professional. I never once saw any of them smile and were very cold towards us. It was our first time staying at this hotel and we didn't know any of the restaraunts in the area. I asked the bellman for a copy of the restaraunts in the area and he said he didn't have any and he was too busy. I told him it was a white piece of paper with a list of everything and he corrected me and said that those weren't just places in the area they were all over. Rude, rude, rude! Have these employees ever heard of the Hilton standard that the customer is aways right. Obviously the employees are not trained accordingly. Also, we wanted a bottle opener brought up to our room. We had to call down 3 times to get one. It only took them an hour and a half to bring it up! The room was not clean. The sheets were absolutely disgusting and there were stains all on them. I feel Hilton Corperate needs to know about this property! Embarrassing! When it comes to their customer satisfaction and loyalty tracking I bet theirs is very low!!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Ross S
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2012

Stayed at the Hilton Miami Airport for a getaway with my husband and enjoyed it so much that we booked again the following year. We plan on making this an annual getaway and will definitely continue to book our reservations at this hotel. The rooms were great, the staff was friendly and very helpful. The breakfast buffet was delish. Close to everything you could possibly enjoy in Miami. I have recommended this hotel to family, friends and co-workers.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2012

My friend had his wedding reception at the Airport HIlton last April. Since the reception was being held at the hotel, I decided to rent a room at the hotel, and I'm happy I did. From the second I checked in, the staff was friendly and very helpful. I was surprised when I waked into the newly renovated room. Brand new furniture, fresh smelling, and big comfortable beds!

The hotel is conveniently located to major highways, I was in downtown in 10 minutes and South Beach in 20 minutes. The staff at the hotel was always there to help and give their recommendations to places to eat and visit in Miami.

The food at the wedding reception was exceptional as well as the staff that worked the wedding.

Every time I'm in Miami, I stay at the Miami Airport Hilton!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Orlando, FL
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2012

My wife and I took a short 4 day vacation and stayed in one of the renovated suites. Our check-in was fast and the staff was gracious and welcoming. The stay was memorable, as the room was nicely decorated, clean and very comfortable. We enjoyed the fitness and pool areas and took advantage of walking around the property especially the lagoon area which is a nice escape while visiting such a centrally located hotel in a large city. We took advantage of the restaurant located at the hotel and the meals were wonderful. Their breakfast buffet is amazing with an assortment of fresh fruits, meats, breads as well as eggs cooked to order. I look forward to a return visit and would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple