New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices
Embassy Suites by Hilton Miami - International Airport
Ranked #57 of 124 Hotels in Miami
“Old and run down”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 26, 2014 via mobile

We were here for 4 nights. My biggest issue is that the hotel is old and run down. The shower water would be cold then hot, it was never set at the temp that I was trying to maintain. The ceiling had a black mould or dirt spot. The outlets were dirty. The pool, was warm but I wouldn't let my family swim in it, as it too, is also grungy looking. The water was not very clear. The staff is very nice. A lot of airplane noise. I would definitely not be staying here again.

Stayed March 2014
EmbassyMiami, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Miami - International Airport, responded to this review, March 28, 2014
Thank you for staying with us at our hotel. We appreciate your candid review of our property. New perspectives about our hotel and our appearance help us make improvements to our guest experience on an ongoing basis. We apologize for the cleanliness issues you experienced in your room and hot water heater issues in your bathroom. We're working with our team to ensure that these areas are repaired and updated. Thank you again for your review - we hope you will consider staying with us again.

Clavel Louis

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (363)
  • Polish first
Toledo, OH
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 26, 2014

Did a thursday to monday trip this past week in South Beach. The hotel I stay at in South Beach was pretty expensive this weekend and since I was landing unjtil later that night and decided to stay by the airport and go to South Beach friday morning.

Good location if you need to be near the airport but not much else so I would only stay here if I need a place to crash after a late flight.

Check in was way too slow. Only one person working and in the morning when I checked out no HHhonors desk.

My diamond snacks and Diet coke were already in my room along with the bottled water.

Furnishings were a little dated but was clean and a two room suite (not sure if all suites are like this or I was upgraded due to being a diamond).

Breakfast is your standard ES fare. No hostess to seat anyone and all the tables were taken when I went down for breakfast but I was fortunate enough to see someone getting ready to leave and put my belongings on their table and grabbed some food.

Wifi was pretty slow.

I liked that the pool was open until midnight. I got to the hotel around 11:20 so it was nice being able to take a late night swim and enjoy the warm weather before going to bed.

Shuttles ran every half hour and the drivers both ways were very courteous and the driver on Friday morning told me how to take the 150 bus to South Beach instead of taking a taxi and that saved me $40.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
We apologize for the experience you had at check in as well as the breakfast area. We have notified the departments to ensure that our guests are satisfied with their stay. We are pleased that you did enjoy your stay as well as having the time to swim in the pool. We hope that you decide to stay with us again.

Parlin, New Jersey
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 21, 2014

My first card that was made for my room did not work
Then the reprogrammed card I received didn't open the gate on the way out, i had to get the card reprogrammed again
They charged me $1.50 for long distance calls that I never made. The one local call I did try to make, the phone didnt work anyway
Then, and this is the one that has me furious. I paid a $60 deposit, on checkout the parking was $51. I told the front desk lady to please take it out of the deposit. SHE DID NOT. Instead an hour after I checked out it was taken out of my card. So now this terrible hotel has $111 of my money, of which they are only owed $60.

AVOID THIS HOTEL AND THEIR INCOMPETENT STAFF

Room Tip: Do not stay here at all
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
We appreciate your feedback and apologize for any misunderstanding regarding the billing charges. In order to further assist you with your concerns, please contact us directly. Thank you again for your review and we look forward to speaking with you.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 21, 2014

Check in was too slow after traveling all day 20 to 30 minutes is too long. Can be hard to find even with a GPS. My wife and I have several times.BUT Our room was clean, spacious and quiet. The bed was super comfortable and the water pressure was great. Terrific full breakfast.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Thank you for your review. We are please to find that you enjoyed your stay with us. We do apologize for the slow check in at front desk. We have notified that department to ensure that this will be taken care of. We hope you will visit again in the near future.

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 20, 2014

Nice place with good pool/fitness facilities. Usual Embassy Suites freebies for breakfast and drinks in evening. Convenient for MIA with good shuttle service every half hour. Comfortable room with standard Hilton touches.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
EmbassyMiami, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Miami - International Airport, responded to this review, March 25, 2014
We appreciate you taking the time to write a review. Our complimentary amenities are just the thing for our busy travelers. We hope to see you in the near future.

SC
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 19, 2014

Stayed the night before our cruise which wasp rebooked before we got there. The service desk guy said that there was a shuttle from hotel to the port & to be in the lobby at 11:15 because it would leave at 11:30. We got there at 11:00 but it had already left! We had to take a cab! Also, parking was included in the price before we got there but the service desk guy charged the first night parking & when we got back from our cruise to the hotel it was before 11:00am which is check out & they charged another days stay extra! I will not recommend this hotel to anyone & will not ever stay there again.

• Stayed March 2014
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
We're very sorry to hear about the unfortunate experience you had with our front desk staff. We apologize for the inconsistent information you were provided and ask that you contact us directly so we can look into this further and ensure your situation is completely resolved.

Madison, Wisconsin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2014 via mobile

Perfect place to stay the night before our cruise. We arrived late but still had no problems grabbing the shuttle from the airport. All staff were friendly and courteous. Our room was clean, spacious and quiet. The bed was super comfortable and the water pressure was great. Terrific full breakfast.
Shuttle to the ship in the morning was trouble-free.
We only wished we could have arrived earlier and not missed the manager's reception!

• Stayed March 2014
2 Thank steveandreb
We are so pleased that you had a trouble free stay with us. Hopefully on your next visit you will be able to enjoy the evening reception as well as the pool area. Thank you for such a wonderful review!