“The Embassy Suites Experience” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Embassy Suites by Hilton Miami - International Airport

Embassy Suites by Hilton Miami - International Airport
Ranked #58 of 122 Hotels in Miami
Nassau, New Providence Island
“The Embassy Suites Experience”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 14, 2013

My stay at the Embassy Suites Hotel was a rewarding experience for me and my family. We felt welcomed as the staff were friendly and accommodating. As soon as we made a request, it was attended to graciously, efficiently and expediently. We thoroughly enjoyed the scrumptious breakfasts that were prepared for us each day. The Managers Reception each evening enabled us to meet other guests and to mingle as family while we nibbled on refreshments. It was truly a 'homely' atmosphere, especially with the 'outdoor' ambiance of the dining area. The environment was very attractive with the waterfall, green foliage and the fishes that were swimming in the ponds. Additionally, the hotel is equipped with all of the modern amenities that guests need while traveling. The complimentary shuttle transportation to and from the airport and to nearby landmarks was reliable and most convenient for us. All in all, our experience was noteworthy and enjoyable. One that I'd like to do again soon!

Room Tip: Corner suites are spacious and sunny. Close proximity to elevators.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (372)
  • Polish first
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 11, 2013

There are no dining/shopping facilities nearby so the hotel is ok if you are just arriving/departing from the airport - totally deserted area in the evening (don't know how it is during the day time). The rooms look and feel a bit dated. Shuttle service to the airport is half hourly so plan accordingly. Friendly staff.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

South Charleston, West Virginia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2013

We stay at Embassy Suites usually anywhere we go. This one was by far the worst. Getting to it took us about a half hour and we could see it the whole time, the hotel is in need of room updates. Our room was dirty especially the bathroom, there was hair in the bath tub ad floor of the bathroom. There were stains on our wall and door that separates the beds from the main area of the room. Our breakfast was very good and the cooks were very nice and accommodating. The Front desk girl did give us a $30.00 off of one of our rooms.

Room Tip: ask to see your room first
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Richburg, South Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 7, 2013

This is by far one of the nicest hotels I've ever booked on Expedia. We needed somewhere to crash for one night before our cruise and I have to say we were VERY pleased. The room was spacious and very clean. Upon our arrival we were amazed by the beautiful atrium which was a perfect background for snapping some pics. It included a waterfall, stream with large and colorful koi fish and lots of plants and foliage. We also took advantage of the beautiful pool. Also, we were happily surprised by the complimentary happy hour where we were served free mixed drinks, beer and snacks (popcorn, trail mix, chips and salsa). Then the following morning we were happily surprised once again with a delicious breakfast. I opted for scrambled eggs and bacon while my husband and son had the omelets cooked with the ingredients that they chose. The gift shop was also very nice with a variety of neat things and not over priced. Overall it was one of the best places we've stayed and we always stay in nice hotels. By the way, I noticed that some of the reviews on here complained about being able to hear the airplanes so I wanted to address that as well. Other than being out by the pool, we did not hear the airplanes. When we were in our room and at night while trying to sleep we did not hear them. We will def stay here again if we go back to Miami.

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank SCTraveler1982
Curacao
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 4, 2013

Stayed there for one night for layover. I had been flying and connecting flights all day with my 4 yr old so by the time we landed in Miami I was exhausted. Shuttle bus collected us promptly and dropped us to hotel. Check in was swift and hassle free. The outdoor pool is open until midnight which was great for the 4 yr old to get some exercise after sitting for 11 hrs on flights. Bed was super comfortable, 4 yr old said it was like "sleeping in a cloud." Breakfast in am was perfect for us before another day of airports and flying. The atrium where the buffet is definitely beats a bland breakfast room like other hotels. Food choices good, bacon, eggs, sausages, omelettes, fresh fruit, selection of breads etc. front desk staff were very friendly at check in.
The only things knocking it are when packing bags, I checked under the bed for any items and found a paper clip and fluff, housekeeping might not be thorough enough. Also, we ordered room service- Caesar salad and waffle fries and 2 sodas- $34 which I thought a bit steep. The meal wasn't so tasty either so would order take out for delivery rather than eating in grill 305 in the evening.
To conclude, would definitely stay there on next layover but would avoid the hotel restaurant.

Room Tip: 10 floors high overlooking atrium. I requested lower floor as have terrible vertigo and got room on...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Bloomington, Minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 4, 2013

I stayed here over a year ago and I compare every hotel to them since! The staff esp the shuttle drivers were excellent and informational. I felt so great tipping just about anyone there! I of course wanted to try some great food and not only did the shuttle driver suggest the resturant but he went in and made sure they took care of me. The food was fabulous and the driver was right on the money. I got sick on my last day and the staff actually suggested things to help. Who does that? Ppl who LOVE their job thats who. While I wish they were on the beach I loved how close they are to the airport. The happy hour and bartenders were fabulous and effcient! Other than a different transportation company taking you to the cruise port, I can not say enough how great this hotel is. Mos def on of Hilton's finest!

Room Tip: Try the city view high up, otherwise its all good!
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Perks079
Lecanto, Florida
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2013

Never stay here if there is a choice. Large pool party with boom box style DJ. Volume was so loud it vibrated the sliding door. Manager contacted several times and very good at apologizing but worthless to control the noise making crowd. A/C fan noisy and maintenance didn't care. Atrium in middle old style, noise echos up through the hotel. Parking always in short supply. Only one restaurant within walking distance. Really, if you can choose another property. The staff is polite. I submitted a lengthy email to manager and a week later absolutely no response. Incredible.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business