New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Review of Regency Hotel Miami

Regency Hotel Miami
Ranked #31 of 121 Hotels in Miami
San Diego, California, United States
“Convenient Hotel Close to Airport, with Free Shuttle”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

We were on our way back from our honeymoon and needed to stay one night in Miami so we were looking for a decently priced hotel close to the airport and this place was perfect. I would say it's an average hotel, nothing very fancy about it but the perks were very good which included a free shuttle 24 hours a day to/from the airport, happy hour at the bar from 5-7, and close proximity to restaurants and bars. It also has a pool if you're looking to relax although we didn't use it, it looked nice though! Also the front staff was very friendly, they helped us get a taxi and recommended some of the areas around the hotel. If you need a place close the airport with a FREE shuttle, look no further!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars
1 Thank Trav619

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (110)
  • Slovak first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014

a very decent hotel situated right near the miami airport. it is meant of travelers who, like myself, have to spend the night at the airport waiting for the next day's flight. there is good shuttle service that circulates around the airport 24/7..one per half hour. the room i was in was truly excellent with a terrific bed/ plus and easy chair and desk. p.s. most comfortable bed i have slept on..ever

Room Tip: all rooms excellently located for quiet and comfort..truly fine.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
Miami Beach
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

I had the opportunity to visit the Regency Hotel and have Dinner at Prieto's Restaurant a few days ago with friends from Spain who where staying at this Hotel. I was amazed by the quality of the restaurant specially the Key Lime Pie was really good and the staff was really attentive. I think this hotel is a great choice for someone staying in Miami and wants to stay near the airport and center of Miami.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2014

I recently stayed two nights at the Regency Hotel for the second time. I was impressed by the change in the rooms and the service over all, the food at the restaurant was excellent. Mr. Ernesto, the restaurant manager made us feel really good with the professional way he treated us and at the bar the bartender did an extraordinary job, the happy hour was good and all the cocktails were $5. I just wanted to point out that the gift shop was closed the three times I went. Other than that I recommend this hotel for any stay in Miami.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014 via mobile

I've eaten at the Restaurant and Bar. Food was good and the asst. Food and Beverage Manager Edwin and Bartender Leandro were great. Both are an asset to this hotel. I hope to stay at this hotel soon, to check out there rooms, tv channels and bed comfort.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
San Fernando, Trinidad
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2014

My Husband and I stayed at the Regency Hotel Miami for one week (June 20th - 27th) and had a very good experience. We enjoyed a warm welcome from Mr. Jorge and this felt good after our long flight from Trinidad. The amenities and accommodations added to our comfortable stay. The room was clean. Must also add very helpful staff especially from Melissa, Luis and the others. Another factor that made Regency excellent were the daily shuttles to International Mall, Walmart, and Dolphin Mall. The taxi service there was very expensive when compared to my country so I was glad for the shuttles. I would definitely recommend this hotel when in Miami
Sharaza

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 stars
Lake Geneva, WI
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2014

I had to layover in Miami. This was where the airline sent us. Well we had a fantastic dinner. The Fresh Snapper was great, and my wife had a great steak. This was unexpected for hotel food. the new manager was on top of everything and the waitress was great. I will book this place again just for that reason. The room was nice and my bed was comfortable. They had a number of channels but not CNBC?

Room Tip: There is a balcony with the rooms. This means a lot to smokers. Not that I would break the rules.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family