“Mixed Emotions”

Regency Hotel Miami
Ranked #42 of 128 Hotels in Miami
Reviewed January 15, 2014

We stayed in the Regency for 2 nights before boarding our family cruise vacation. The rooms were clean, the location is close to shopping, dining, car rentals, airport - (almost all things you will need in 2 days). The service however was a mixed bag. The young female front dest attendant was unhelpful to say the least (borderline rude) - the young front desk gentleman on the second day must have stayed out all night before coming in to work - giving us an elongated "wait/stop palm" has he finished a sequence of exaggerated yawns.

The concierge on the other hand was an older gentleman who went to great lengths to assist and was as kind and charming as could be. It could just be a generational thing (I am young and therefore they may have felt like they were being cool). I didn't appreciate it much though. The likelihood is that I wouldn't spend my money there again.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
Write a ReviewReviews (1,978)

Reviewed January 12, 2014

Stayed at the Regency for two nights on a business stop in Miami and on my way to Las Vegas. The overall experience was a pleasant one. I can highlight the following features: Very clean, rooms are quiet, cozy and safe. Good bar at the lobby, nice drinks and cocktails, it gets pretty active and fun (Remember it's Miami !). Offers 24 hour free shuttle from and to the airport and rental car at the same lobby. Which is a huge plus in terms of time saving at departure time, because you can save the hustle of rental return at MIA. Rental rates are pretty attractive and the cars are new. Staff is very friendly. I will use this hotel again on my future travels to Miami. Offers very good internet connection (free) and good business center, which is important for business travelers.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed January 9, 2014

Stayed here when my flight was cancelled and the airline gave me a coupon for a $70 rate, half the normal, they said. Pleasantly surprised, as it was a pretty good place. Large rooms with balconies, clean and reasonably well maintained though perhaps showing its age a bit. Large ornate lobby. Breakfast was pretty good ($10 I think for a "deluxe continental" with lots of good fruit, decent selection of pastries and the like). On the airport hotel & restaurant strip, so convenient if not very attractive location. Authentic local cuban diner across the street. Not a bad choice if you must stay near the airport.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank dmj399
Sammy-Trotter, Public Relations Manager at Regency Hotel Miami, responded to this reviewResponded January 14, 2014

Dave,

Thanks for the nice review. I wish we could have earned another star from you so we'll continue working hard to make the hotel the absolute best guest experience at Miami Airport. We appreciate the time you took to provide feedback and truly hope we can have you back to earn you as a guest.

-Sam

Reviewed January 6, 2014

Me and my family stay at the Regency Hotel in Miami for 3 nights, the location is excellent, and we have a wonderfull experience, the excellent service, everybody is very helpfull, The room are very clean , smells clean, the bed are excellent and everything is in good condition nothing broke or damage, we receive a excellent service at the front desk and the restaurant as well, the food is excellent, every team member always with a smile and ready to help me with any question, the pool is excellent I have 2 kids 1 is 7 and the other is 9 plus my nephew his 10 they love it, They have so much fun in that pool.... We enjoy our time at the Regency Hotel a lot, I wold return.

Reviewed January 6, 2014

Very clean, cozy and quiet. The rooms are large w/ balconies. Decor is beautiful from the lobby to the halls right into to the rooms! Surprisingly enough, did not hear the planes going by w/ the slider closed. Gorgeous pool and landscaping. Ontime FREE Shuttle service. Staff is very efficient and friendly.

Reviewed January 3, 2014

My family and I stay a few days in the hotel and I have to say it was a wonderful time, excellent service, The front desk was very attentive. The rooms very, very nice and clean. I recommend this hotel to anyone looking for convenience, value and attentive service. Definitively, I would return. Thank you all!

Reviewed December 25, 2013

Front desk was very helpful and attentive. Restaurant has good food. The rooms were comfortable, a little noisy from airplanes but that depends on wind direction. Shuttle service is great. From airport to hotel and then hotel to cruiseships, plus shopping. I would return.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple