“Great location”

Ranked #37 of 121 Hotels in Miami
MIDDLEFIELD
“Great location”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2013 via mobile

Great location right next to airport. Lobby is marble and beautiful, free parking, wonderful staff and pool. Escarli head of housekeeping really was responsive to my needs. New chef, great food. Great meeting space. Sleeping room large and clean could have better water pressure in shower

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank PATRICK D

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (130)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Cuenca, Azuay, Ecuador
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2013

Bumped from my flight last week and American Airlines booked me into the Regency . Good location and free shuttle to airport. Staff was friendly and helpful. Restaurant excepted the meal vouchers from American. Rooms were average, but clean and air conditioner was great.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 12, 2013

Last minute change to my stay in Miami, comfortable king size bed,mini fridge all the expected amenities even a balcony.No jet noise ,good night sleep.I will keep it on my list. Free WiFi through out property,more than standard cable TV,Restaurant and lounge on premises as well as shuttle service,friendly staff.

Room Tip: close to airport and a short trip to many burrows of Miami
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Orange Park, Florida, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2013

My son and I stayed at this hotel for two nights. The hotel staff was very nice, but just like most everywhere else in Miami they primarily speak spanish and very little english. The hotel lobby is magnificent. Beautifully decorated. Now I will start with what was not so wonderful about the hotel. The rooms however, are outdated. The bathrooms (at least our bathroom) was very old and musty. Hopefully the person in the room next to you doesnt need to shower when you do because that cuts your water pressure in half. Not all of the outlets in the room worked either. Upon checking in the front desk clerk gave us a keycard to the wrong room and so we walked in on a nice couple just hanging out in their room. Of course the desk did correct this. We did not spend much time at the hotel so I can not say if the pool or hotel bar were nice, they looked nice. The restaurant was ok. The food was not worth what the price. The pasta I had was very plain. It was a little better than egg noodles and ketchup. However the waitstaff was very nice. Our last day staying at the hotel started with housekeeping coming in our room at 745 in the morning. I was not able to get an answer as to why this happened. I was not pleased about it and got only a half felt "lo siento" from the front desk, of course I am not sure what they could do anyway. The positive stuff about the hotel is again the staff (front desk and restaurant) were very nice. The beds were pretty comfortable and the TV offered Fox Soccer :) It is in a very safe area a short drive from Coral Gables which is very nice with shopping and nice places to eat. I am not sure I would stay again. $87 a night is not to bad for what they offer and we are never really at the hotel anyway. Also the hotel is very near the Miami airport so you have planes landing and taking off all the time. This didnt bother me at all but some people may find it noisy.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Melissa H
San Jose, Costa Rica
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 8, 2013

I recently spent two nights at the Regency because I wanted to be close to the airport. Other reviews I've read complained about airport noise, but it's not the hotel's fault that MIA approach patterns take planes directly over the hotel.... I found the staff friendly and helpful, but it was definitely a plus that I speak Spanish so that I could communicate with everyone. Perhaps the hotel could provide basic English classes to the housekeeping staff in particular. I had to translate for a non-Spanish-speaking guest on my floor when housekeeping asked him questions. Digsan in the bar area was friendly and went out of his way to be helpful with a couple of questions I had. Front Desk personnel were also helpful.

The room was clean and the bed was really comfortable on the Regency Club level. Food in the restaurant was decent. The big plus, of course, is the hotel's proximity to MIA.

There were a few frustrations for sure. First, after a long trip to get to the hotel, I arrived and the computer system was down and I had to wait quite a while before I could check in. Second, the phone in my room never worked. I reported it, was promised that someone would come to check it---but no one ever did. Third, the walls are thin. I was kept awake most of the first night because of very loud (I think it was a bachelor party) guests in the next room. Fourth, the elevators are slow. Stairs didn't seem to be an option because signs indicated that they were for street exit only. So, when I wanted to use a vending machine one floor below, I had to wait for an elevator.

Some good, some bad. I'd probably choose a different hotel the next time I'm in Miami.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank David_B309293
MrSammyMiami, Public Relations Manager at Regency Hotel Miami, responded to this review, September 5, 2013
Dear David,

Thank you so much for your in depth review of the hotel. We take guest reviews very seriously and make changes to the hotel based on recommendations. We are in the midst of upgrades to the hotel and it seems like you may have been caught in a perfect storm of sorts. We did recently modernize our phone system and we did have some issues during the switchover. We also experienced a major network outage by our internet provider. We have since installed an emergency internet back-up where if one service goes down we have another provider that internet switches to automatically. We hope that your front desk issue will never happen again but of course issues like this do sometimes occur. I would have loved to have purchased you on of our mojitos when the outage occurred myself as a gesture of hospitality.

We received some suggestions about English classes last year and did indeed provide classes to our staff free of charge. The classes are voluntary and some of our staff is more shy than others. They are do an amazing job and we will continue to support their efforts to learn English language for the comfort of all of the guests of the hotel.

I looked over the overnight shift reports for the end of May and beginning of June and I couldn't find issues with the elevators reported. We have a contract with a major elevator company at great expense so that the elevators run smoothly for our guests, I apologize this was not your experience. In the future, please know we would be delighted to change your room in order to maximize your experience with us.

Thanks again for sharing your experience with us and we hope to welcome you back one day soon.

Warm regards,
Sam
Cleveland, Ohio
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 5, 2013

Stayed here while on the way to St. Thomas after our flight from Cleveland was delayed. The airline put us up here since there were no other available flights to St. Thomas from Miami that night. This hotel was a good location if you're looking for something near the airport. Only took us about 10 minutes to get there from the airport. The outside of the hotel needs some updating, as well as the beat up furniture in the lobby. The staff at the check in desk were very nice and accomodating. They provided us with free toothbrushes and toothpaste since our bags were already checked to St. Thomas. Rooms were ok, but again, need some updates. Floor appeared like it had not been vacuumed in a while. We had no washcloths in our bathroom. Other than that, it was a decent, comfortable room. Would stay again if I was in the area.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank irishwen
Brooklyn, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2013

My first trip to miami and it was a wonderful. The staff are so helpful and friendly.They made me feel welcome. I will like to thank Sheyla, Leo, Sara, Norma, Digsan, Rey and Jael. Jose Manuel who took care of my luggage and also allowed me to do my late check out.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends