Regency Hotel Miami
Hilton Miami Downtown(Miami)(Great Value!)
$236
  • Breakfast included
$164
$131
  • Pool
Miami Marriott Biscayne Bay(Miami)(Great Value!)
$289
  • Bar/Lounge
$173
Cancelon
2,101 results
All reviewsfront deskclose to the airportcatch of the dayfree shuttleshuttle servicecar rentaldolphin mallhotel shuttlecontinental breakfasthotel restaurantcruise portsouth beachjorgeprietolobbyairlinemia
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 8, 2013

I recently spent two nights at the Regency because I wanted to be close to the airport. Other reviews I've read complained about airport noise, but it's not the hotel's fault that MIA approach patterns take planes directly over the hotel.... I found the staff friendly and helpful, but it was definitely a plus that I speak Spanish so that I could communicate with everyone. Perhaps the hotel could provide basic English classes to the housekeeping staff in particular. I had to translate for a non-Spanish-speaking guest on my floor when housekeeping asked him questions. Digsan in the bar area was friendly and went out of his way to be helpful with a couple of questions I had. Front Desk personnel were also helpful.

The room was clean and the bed was really comfortable on the Regency Club level. Food in the restaurant was decent. The big plus, of course, is the hotel's proximity to MIA.

There were a few frustrations for sure. First, after a long trip to get to the hotel, I arrived and the computer system was down and I had to wait quite a while before I could check in. Second, the phone in my room never worked. I reported it, was promised that someone would come to check it---but no one ever did. Third, the walls are thin. I was kept awake most of the first night because of very loud (I think it was a bachelor party) guests in the next room. Fourth, the elevators are slow. Stairs didn't seem to be an option because signs indicated that they were for street exit only. So, when I wanted to use a vending machine one floor below, I had to wait for an elevator.

Some good, some bad. I'd probably choose a different hotel the next time I'm in Miami.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank David_B309293
MrSammyMiami, Public Relations Manager at Regency Hotel Miami, responded to this reviewResponded September 5, 2013

Dear David,

Thank you so much for your in depth review of the hotel. We take guest reviews very seriously and make changes to the hotel based on recommendations. We are in the midst of upgrades to the hotel and it seems like you may have been caught in a perfect storm of sorts. We did recently modernize our phone system and we did have some issues during the switchover. We also experienced a major network outage by our internet provider. We have since installed an emergency internet back-up where if one service goes down we have another provider that internet switches to automatically. We hope that your front desk issue will never happen again but of course issues like this do sometimes occur. I would have loved to have purchased you on of our mojitos when the outage occurred myself as a gesture of hospitality.

We received some suggestions about English classes last year and did indeed provide classes to our staff free of charge. The classes are voluntary and some of our staff is more shy than others. They are do an amazing job and we will continue to support their efforts to learn English language for the comfort of all of the guests of the hotel.

I looked over the overnight shift reports for the end of May and beginning of June and I couldn't find issues with the elevators reported. We have a contract with a major elevator company at great expense so that the elevators run smoothly for our guests, I apologize this was not your experience. In the future, please know we would be delighted to change your room in order to maximize your experience with us.

Thanks again for sharing your experience with us and we hope to welcome you back one day soon.

Warm regards,
Sam

Reviewed June 5, 2013

Stayed here while on the way to St. Thomas after our flight from Cleveland was delayed. The airline put us up here since there were no other available flights to St. Thomas from Miami that night. This hotel was a good location if you're looking for something near the airport. Only took us about 10 minutes to get there from the airport. The outside of the hotel needs some updating, as well as the beat up furniture in the lobby. The staff at the check in desk were very nice and accomodating. They provided us with free toothbrushes and toothpaste since our bags were already checked to St. Thomas. Rooms were ok, but again, need some updates. Floor appeared like it had not been vacuumed in a while. We had no washcloths in our bathroom. Other than that, it was a decent, comfortable room. Would stay again if I was in the area.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank irishwen
Reviewed May 29, 2013

My first trip to miami and it was a wonderful. The staff are so helpful and friendly.They made me feel welcome. I will like to thank Sheyla, Leo, Sara, Norma, Digsan, Rey and Jael. Jose Manuel who took care of my luggage and also allowed me to do my late check out.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Cathy H
Reviewed May 28, 2013

We recently stayed at the Regency Hotel Miami. We were there three times as it made it convenient for our connecting vacations in the Florida/Caribbean area.

Very close to airport and a free shuttle...big plus!

Very, very sweet and professional staff, especially Jorge at the front desk!

Groupon offered the $25.00 credit for breakfast, so that saved us $75.00 all said and done!

Good Security in place and easy access to all activities!

Very nice and comfy rooms with staff watching out for you on all floors to see if you need anything from extra towels to extra shampoo :)

My husband and I would definitely stay here again for future trips in the Miami area!

Room Tip: Ask to stay on front side of building :)
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 20, 2013

A very heartfelt thank you to the friendly staff at the Regency Hotel Miami. I would like to single out for special mention - Diego Comesana, F&B Manager and Sara who works at the Restaurant.

The location of the hotel is ideal for shoppers and cruisers. The shuttle service to/from the Airport and to/from the major shopping centres is a real bonus.

Arjoon Harripaul
Trinidad and Tobago

Room Tip: The Regency Club rooms and quite spacious and comfortable and offers value for money.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family