“Dirty, Loud avoid you can pay same price at Sofitel in same area” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Regency Hotel Miami

You added Regency Hotel Miami to your Saves list
Regency Hotel Miami
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1000 Northwest le Jeune Rd, 1000 NW (42nd Ave), Miami, FL 33126 (Formerly Airport Regency Hotel)   |
Special Offer
Pick a Perk
Ranked #28 of 119 Hotels in Miami
Toledo, Ohio, United States
“Dirty, Loud avoid you can pay same price at Sofitel in same area”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013

I was in the Miami area looking for a place for a one night stay before heading into the Keys. I found this hotel on Kayak and the photos looked decent and the price was $160. I booked the room and had a bad feeling from the moment I stepped beyond the lobby area. The staff spoke very little English and was actually a bit rude I believe mainly because of the lack of understanding my basic questions. The hallways smelled like old musty motel. Once I stepped into the room I immediately noticed the light fixture was half hanging out of the ceiling. The toilet in the room would not flush so I called the front desk asking to be moved to another room. They said they would send maintenance instead. About 15 minutes later an older gentlemen that couldn't speak a word of English showed up at my door with plumbing tools. He snaked the toilet which worked but left left a mess of water which he did not clean up. I cleaned it myself still feeling weary about the cleanliness of the room I decided I just needed to relax by the pool.

The pool looked dirty and when I went to sit in one of the only 6 poolside loungers the plastic was all busted so the only thing you could do was lay flat. For some reason that was the final straw for me. It was something simple but after all of the other issues in my first 30 minutes of being on the property I decided to ask for a refund. The one thing that at least as of now seemed smooth was getting a refund on my card and getting out of the place.

Another thing that you notice as soon as you enter the room is the noise from the airport. In the 20 minutes I was in the room I heard multiple planes overhead that seemed very loud. I am not sure if I would have even been able to sleep.

I found Sofitel 2 miles away for the same price and have been very happy with my decision to move. I would honestly say the Sofitel room in my opinion is worth more than the price I paid. The Sofitel is also located close to the airport but I have barely noticed.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars
MrSammyMiami, Public Relations Manager at Regency Hotel Miami, responded to this review, April 12, 2013
Dear Broc C,

I read your review and although difficult to read we appreciate you taking the time to express your thoughts regarding your experience. We use all feedback as tool to educate our team whether it is positive or critical. We are addressing all of the issues you identified but I believe that I could still benefit from speaking to you directly. It would also give me a chance to apologize directly and give you an update on all of the improvements we have or are making. For example, we have already purchased new doors which will be installed in the coming weeks to reduce sound and are anxiously awaiting its arrival. In the meantime, I happy to hear that the front desk demonstrated to you our commitment to guest satisfaction. If your travels bring you back to Miami, I would like to personally take care of your stay and to show you the new Regency.
Sam Trotter

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (104)
  • Slovak first
Quispamsis, NewBrunswick
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

We arrived at noon and we checked in early great shower, close to a nice restaurant seafood. The bar is nicely located next to the pool and the bar staff ( Ferdinadez ?) was great. I rented a car for the day and went to Key West great service. 2013 Honda . Great start to our cruise shuttle service pick up at the airport and delivery to the Miami port. Can't please every traveller , but we were pleased.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Northern Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

We stayed here two separate nights over an 8 day period as an overnight layover coming from the Caribbean from Chicago. First - the shuttle to abd from airport - great - thank you.... The distance to the airport - couldn't get much closer.

The first night - well Fabian in the hotel lounge was nice enough knowing t was late and we had two kids with us to help expedite food, it did take a while to get the food service, but he was awesome, bought my husband and I a beer - and we just let it slide - we were starting our vacation. There isn't much to really say about the rooms or anything, they are typical and thankful for the balcony, but overall the hotel is just so-so. It suited our needs, and kind of stinks we bought service including breakfast when the last night we had to leave the hotel by 5am to make our flight, so we didn't even get to enjoy our breakfast that we paid for.

It is quite expensive for food however, no matter what you have expect 10 bucks a person - even for kids meals - it is pricey.... And no, the food was simple and not really worth the price.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013 via mobile

We bought our rooms on groupon. Location right by the airport which wasn't bad. But we had confirmed our rooms prior to arriving. When we arrived, we suddenly had issues. They couldn't find one. Then we were told after sometime that it was taken care of. Went to rooms which were actually clean. Then the next day the drama began. We came down for breakfast at the restaurant and wouldn't get waited on for about 20 minutes. When we were finally waited on, we were made to feel as if we were children who were not going to pay the bill. I know there is a language barrier in Miami if u don't speak spanish, but we felt like we were in a totally different country. The food was horrible!!! I mean couldn't and wouldn't finish the rest of our food. Then when we had to get our room again, we again had more drama. Management just didn't seem to get it right!!! We just kept getting excuses. The weight room was terrible. One machine out 3 was working, and no water!!!! This by far was not a cheap hotel. Not at all what I expected. One of the worst places I have been to in Miami and I have been going to miami since I was 13. If you want a place that is way overpriced with maids that walk in on you at 7am, terrible food, no heated pool, terrible customer service, but clean rooms, go here. Lol Actually don't do it, ur better off saving ur money and going to a Motel 6.

• Stayed March 2013
1 Thank mommylovessinny
MrSammyMiami, Guest Relations Manager at Regency Hotel Miami, responded to this review, April 2, 2013
Dear Mommylovessinny,
I read your review and although difficult to read we appreciate you taking the time to express your thoughts regarding your experience. We use all feedback as tool to educate our team whether it is positive or critical. We are addressing all of the issues you identified but I believe that I could still benefit from speaking to you directly. It would also give me a chance to apologize directly and give you an update on all of the improvements we have or are making. For example, we have already purchased new gym equipment and are anxiously awaiting its arrival. In the meantime, I happy that you were happy with the cleanliness of the room. If your travels bring you back to Miami, I would like to personally take care of your stay and to show you that we are committed to guest service.

Thank you again for the feedback and travel safe.

-Sam
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013

This hotel is very nice. The standard room is clean, neat, and up-to-date. The only thing is that the bed seems too hard for my preference. The hotel is right outside the vicinity of the airport, so if you don't mind hearing the planes overhead, then it's fine. I didn't mind too much. The pool, restaurant, bar area is very nice. Food is good.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Taylor, Michigan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

We were with a group of about 40 people arriving at various times throughout the day. The first person at front desk simply told us it would be a few minutes before our room was ready. Then the second, very rudely told us that until all the rooms were cleaned that they would be unable to help us. Very loud with planes overhead from airport. The restaurant was short staffed for breakfast the following morning as everyone was trying to get to their destinations. If you stay, get the package buffet deal for breakfast.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Springfield, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

The rental car arrangements you provide at the hotel was wonderful. I was so glad not to have to rent something at the airport…what a hassle that would have been.

Room was lovely and well cared for, the bellmen always had a friendly greeting and showed enthusiasm to help, check-in and check-out was swift, the coffee in the room was greatly appreciated, and I always felt safe. If I have visited the restaurant, I’m sure it would have pleased me too.

My stay was blessed…thank you!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business