“Don't stay here if u want to sleep” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Regency Hotel Miami

Regency Hotel Miami
Ranked #37 of 121 Hotels in Miami
Calgary, Canada
“Don't stay here if u want to sleep”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 18, 2013

Outdated,smelly, and the bar next door blared until 1:30 am. We were told by the front desk at 11:30 pm that the bar would shut at midnight. Never happened.

Food is terrible and the service no better. Breakfast was an ordeal. We waited over 45 min for 3 minute soft poached eggs. We were told the kitchen couldn't get it right. I know it's a stop over hotel but there is no excuse for this. Lots of other choices in the area.

Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
MrSammyMiami, Public Relations Manager at Regency Hotel Miami, responded to this review, April 2, 2013
Dear Kmsdodo,

First let me apologize for the delay in our response. I read your review and although difficult to read we appreciate you taking the time to express your thoughts regarding your experience. We use all feedback as tool to educate our team whether it is positive or critical. We have addressed or we are addressing all of the issues you identified but I believe that I could still benefit from speaking to you directly. It would also give me a chance to apologize directly and give you an update on all of the improvements we have or are making.

Thank you again for the feedback and I wish you safe travels.

-Sam

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (125)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Savannah
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 18, 2013

I was not going to review this well worn hotel. I got what I paid for; cheap and near the airport. A grand lobby is an alluring facade - however, it's just lipstick on a pig. Cheap furniture and decor from the 70's is rather sad.

Here's the scary part: with my son, I took our bags to the lobby to wait for the airport shuttle. I went back up to get a box I was traveling with (maybe two minutes?) - in my room was a housekeeper who had already torn into the box! The packing tape was unraveled on the floor and she had pried open th top. I was shocked that she was in the room in the first place, but I asked what she was doing... caught red-handed she said she was getting the bellman for me!! (the box weighed 10lbs.) Then she suddenly "no hablo Ingles..."

I went to the front desk... who told me I could see the concierge... who was the shuttle bus driver... and probably the owner too. No use making a stink, it would be hopeless; the most satisfaction I can get is warning my fellow travelers like you.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Flytwister
Dear Flytwister,

First let me apologize for the delay in our response. I read your review and although difficult to read we appreciate you taking the time to express your experience. We use all feedback as a tool to educate our team whether it is positive or critical. We have addressed or we are addressing all of the issues you identified but I believe that I could still benefit from speaking to you directly. It would also give me a chance to apologize directly and give you an update on all of the improvements we have or are making.

Thank you again for the feedback and I wish you safe travels.

-Sam
Sarasota, Florida
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 13, 2013

For paying almost $400 for a two night stay, this place was definitely overpriced! I was honestly nervous about walking into this hotel because the exterior looked so run down. I thought my hopes were reassured when I walked into the newly renovated lobby, but they were shot down again when I saw my room. The lobby is the only nice thing about this hotel.
My room was really outdated, and the bathroom looked gross. The whole hotel smells strongly like a bar of soap, which I guess is better than other things but it was very potent. The carpeting was old, the décor was old, and the bathroom needs to be remodeled. The walls are not very soundproof…We could hear noises from other rooms and the hallway. There is a bar next door that plays loud music until late that kept us up.
On our second day staying there, we went all the way up to our room on the 4th floor only to have our room key not work. When we went to the front desk to get it fixed, the staff just re-swiped it without apologizing for the inconvenience. The quality of the room was that of a MOTEL…. I will NOT be staying here again!

Room Tip: Don't stay here...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
JoseMiguul, Front Office Manager at Regency Hotel Miami, responded to this review, February 15, 2013
Thanks for your comments. I am glad you enjoyed the lobby and the location but we are concerned about your negative experience at the hotel. Please note that we continue to make upgrades and improvements and the feedback from guests help to direct where we place our resources. Thanks to this feedback, planning is in its finally stage for a major rooms upgrade .

I am distressed that you had a negative experience with one of my staff members, at The Regency Hotel we place emphasis on guest service. I would like to investigate your experience further and would appreciate the opportunity to speak with you directly. Should your travels bring you back to Miami, please contact me so we can be sure to update you on all of our improvements and invite you back with an effort of showing you that we are truly committed to providing excellent guest service. Thanks again.
Tegucigalpa
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 8, 2013

This place is not as bad as some make it out to be, but one comment below that really resonates with me is the "I've had better experiences at 2-star hotels" post. I think overall it's OK at the Regency. The lobby is the best and worst thing about this location at the same time. It has an interesting decor which is a good first impression. But that sets the wrong impression. The rooms are just OK. A bit dated despite the nice plasma TV, but one bed was ridiculously soft. Thank goodness I was alone in my room and could choose the better one. Bathroom was good enough, water was hot, I had enough towels which were clean.

My main beef here was the internet service. It was quite poor. I called front desk one night because I was so frustrated (I was traveling on business and couldn't Skype with my family because of the bad connection). I was told that I was using the wrong wireless connection that I should come down from the 3rd floor to the lobby, that there was nothing they could do. Disappointing.

As for the restaurant, wasn't bad but too expensive. May as well go to the nearby IHOP or Latin Cafe for something better with more quantity and a little more affordable.

Apart from that it was enough for my needs. Won't be my first choice for next time in Miami but if it's my only reasonable option I won't fuss too much about it. Because of the internet probably wouldn't choose to come back here for business.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Mapleton
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 8, 2013

We called for transport from the airport and were told the van just left, it should be there in 5 minutes, then we waited. Later, we called again and were told they just left, so we waited. 5 minutes was closer to an hour which we did not appreciate at 1 am. The next morning, my daughter went for our free continental breakfast included as a special offer with our booking and was denied. I went to the front desk with a copy of my confirmation and we had to wait while the clerk went behind closed doors. She came out to say we had to wait, then disappeared again. After waiting for at least 30 minutes, we were finally allowed to have the continental breakfast. The front desk clerk said it was not their fault. They should have honored our booking and haggled with Orbitz on their time. The free breakfast offering was not impressive and certainly not worth the hassle for the price we paid for the rooms.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank MapletonDiane
Cape coral
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 1, 2013

Two weeks ago I was in this hotel, overall I felt good, the hotel's location can not be better,I would like to mention the atention I received at all times was fantastic, The room was clean but not modern,Mr. Luis who works in the lobby, helped me with my luggage he was very friendly,at night I would eat at the restaurant catch of the day, but I went to the restaurant Prieto first to view the menu,Mr. Ernesto promised me that would be delicious dinner at the hotel and I ate the best pasta I remember (Sorrentina Pasta) my compliments to Mr. Ernesto for having made ​​me feel great. I recommend the Hotel.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Caracas, Venezuela
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 31, 2013

My family and I, stayed in the Hotel during the first week of January. Good location, and close to many landmark place in Miami, specifically to many shopping malls. Was a very nice experience. room price was OK, according with the service offered, very cleaning and housekeeping service was good. Breakfast buffet was nice, and the guys that works in the restaurant (Diego, Ester, Antonio, David & Norma) was very kind and pleasant. People that work in the reception was very kindly too.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family