“best night ever (stress free)” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Regency Hotel Miami

Ranked #28 of 119 Hotels in Miami
Montreal, Canada
“best night ever (stress free)”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

I got there with a back and neck pain , after flight , The staff is cordial and very polite , They welcomed me whit smiles and greetings .Getting the key to the room was fast and easy , they explaned everythig to know about service. I asked the consierge iff theres a drugstore near and he explained me the right way to go .On the next morning I woke up whit no back pain i could not belive it stress free and back pain free . loved the mattress and pillows the best I ever had in an hotel . When i was leeving the maid got to me whit my jacket thaht I forgot in the room . I was please to see all the staff whit smile . till today the best experience of my life . It might be at 5 minutes from the airport but you"ll sleep like a baby , and wont ear a thing. Ill be happy to recomand this hotel to everybody .

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (104)
  • Slovak first
Toronto
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

I stayed for one night at this hotel (Oct 7,2012), and was ok! I stayed there due AA flight delay thought!
The front desk agent at night when I got in, was very professional and friendly, and the room 212 was clean and neat. The wifi internet worked very well, also the free shutlle bus was very convenient for me. Of course I saw some gaps (not that I was looking for it, but I am a very good observer)...First, the driver from the shuttle that picked us up from the airport, was very rude and unprofessional ( not even greated us or reply to us when we greated him). He left us inside the shuttle without opening the doors, not even helpped us to take the luggages from the mini-bus. We had to ask him, if was ok for us to open the trunk for our belongings (again no answer from him). When it happened he was almost inside the hotel already (no manners at all). When I got to the room 212 the facial tissue box was empty (only one sheet on top for decoration).The water pressure in the bathtub is a joke thought! When I went for breakfast I was greated by the server, but as soon as I pay, she and the others co-workers just ignored me and started to chat very loud in Spanish...I needed some coffee and I got it in a dirty cup ( I show to them the lipstick marc and some kind of black oily mark as well, and she just removed my cup, gave to me another one without any kind of appologize or concern about the issue. It is not a big deal, but I expected at least some carisma for the situation. She just naturally turned back and went back for her business with the co-workers . I saw some crew members from INSELAIR, commenting about the disgasting service they were getting in the restaurant. Actually I thought it was happening to me, because I had a $7.00 voucher from American Airlines, which did not covered the bill ( but I added 12 dollars plus tip for my breakfast before I take the seat)... I realize that was too early and there was no manager in. Good opportunity for them to feel free of doing what they feel like doing, or just it may be lack of training. It is a cozy hotel and I wish the management fix those bad issues, first impression counts a lot, especially when they are serving people with different wants and needs and from all over the world. I was very impressed with the housekeeping lady who takes care of the lobby ( I saw her in the main floor close to the elevators), she was very, but very friendly, very natural, also very helpful. She saw my unhappy face, so she did her best to make me feel as a regular guest. My expectations are never for anything fancy (because I am simple person), but I expect some kind of respect and dignity. We are talking about hospitality and people paying for services and products in the USA.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
    • 1 of 5 stars
JoseMiguul, Front Office Manager at Regency Hotel Miami, responded to this review, October 11, 2012
Dear Guest,
I would like to thank you for taking the time to inform us of the issues you reported. I do hope that you accept our sincere apologies for this short coming.

I have taken the necessary steps to inform the appropriate departments of the problems raised. I already open an investigation of the driver that worked on that shift ( please send me the time or name if you remember), also I send a copy of your review to our F&B Manager which I am assured that he will take the necessary action within his department to ensure that the shortfalls you encountered do not happen again in the future. I can assure you that this incident is an isolated one, and I am sorry that we failed you on this occasion.

Please accept my sincere apologies for your disappointing experience. I am only sorry you did not receive our normally high standards of service. If you wish to contact me, please do not hesitate in call the hotel and ask for myself.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Best wishes,

Jose Miguel Batista de Pool
Revenue & Front Office Manager
josemiguel@regencyhotelmiami.com
Toronto, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2012

I'm writing from the lobby of the Regency, having spent the night due to a cancelled flight from Miami Airport. Nice lobby, clean room and comfortable bed, but - very noisy AC unit and high level of street noise (bring earplugs!), outdated furniture and a clean, but shabby washroom with barely functioning shower. Staff is bilingual (Spanish/English) friendly and efficient. There is a shuttle to the airport and some kind of transportation (not free) to a shopping mall. An OK buffet-type breakfast.
The lobby is definitely the most impressive feature of Regency!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to inform us of the AC noise you reported. Also at the same time thank you for your compliments on the Customer Service, and all others areas of the hotel.

I have taken the necessary steps to inform the engineering department on the AC noise, This shouldn’t happened since the AC units are new and still under guaranty, but we will revise the unit for sure.

I am sorry that you did not have an excellent rest because of the AC unit. If you wish to contact me, please do not hesitate in call the hotel and ask for myself or write me an email.
We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Best wishes,

Jose Miguel Batista de Pool
Revenue & Front Office Manager
josemiguel@regencyhotelmiami.com
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2012

When we arrived on the free shuttle from the airport, we were very impressed by the beautiful lobby area , but the person checking us in wasn't very welcoming or helpful and when we got to our room we were very disappointed .
We had 2 double beds and the room was spacious but very dated...the water pressure in the bathroom was very bad , and there was so little water coming out of the tap that it was very hard to brush your teeth and rinse your toothbrush..
Our room was above some very noisy equipment which kept us awake most of the night.
When we checked out and asked if we could leave our bags with the concierge for an hour while we went for a walk , we were told we could but there was a charge per piece..this is usually a free service in other hotels..
I would definitely not return to this hotel as there are much better hotels for the same price .

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars
1 Thank samar14
Copenhagen, Denmark
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2012

On our way to Mexico, my husband and I had an unscheduled night in Miami as our flight was delayed from London. British Airways therefore told us at the airport that they had reserved a room for us at the Regency Hotel and just after midnight we arrived at the front desk ready to check in. However, British Airways had not made the reservation as promised, but the receptionist, Mr. Tomas Cruz found us a room anyway. In addition, he borrow us his personal mobile, without charge, so that we could make a call to our hotel in Mexico to reschedule a hotel transfer. We were very grateful and wanted to pay for the call, but he would not accept. Also the next day, as we were waiting for the shuttlebus to go back to the airport, he offered us a lift to the airport as he was going the same way, and this way we didn’t have to wait anymore. Even here he wouldn’t accept any form of payment (or tips). We have travelled to many hotels throughout the world, and most of them have been five-star, but we have never received such kind and considerate service and it made our one night stop-over in Miami memorable. So if you read this Mr. Cruz – thank you.

The hotel in itself is nice and what you expect when your airline provides a free stopover stay due to delays. The hotel is close to the airport, the reception is small but friendly, the rooms are spacious enough and clean and the breakfast is continental. We would definitely recommend it for a stop-over, but have no idea how close it is to any of the sights in Miami as we didn’t have enough time to explore.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Maria_mdp
Cairo, Egypt
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2012

This hotel is near to the airport. I spent there one night as my flight was cancelled. You have to know it is NOT luxurious. It is a low level hotel that airlines would expectedly send their clients to because they most probably get a good offer. I had dinner there. It was more of home-made food style. An open buffer including a minimal salad bar, and rice and macaroni, and chicken and beef. The water and coke etc were in jugs. No proper hotel serving although the people were helpful. The receptionists tried to help in every way and were nice. The elevators are oldish style. The rooms had a lot of non-working TV channels, and a manually controlled air condition (split unit), without a remote control. The bed only had a sheet and a semi-thick cover. You can spend a night there to be close to the airport with a cheap alternative. I dont know their rates, but I wouldn't expect them to be as expensive as the Hilton or other high level hotels near the airport. They have a shuttle every 30 minutes going to and from the airport.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank ameshref
Tbilisi, Dushet'is Raioni, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2012

It is very rare to get a genuine smile and service at the hotel front desk, especially when you are exhausted, your flight got cancelled and you have to stay overnight far away from miami beach. Edwin, Rose and Jose Carlos took my stress away the moment I got to the hotel. They have been so kind and sweet about any matter. If your flight gets cancelled with Delta and you have to choose a place to stay at Miami airport, make it Regency Hotel - that smile and help at the front desk is more value than any stars you can get elswhere.

Room Tip: Choose a room with the view to the pool.