“HOTEL” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Regency Hotel Miami

Regency Hotel Miami
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1000 Northwest le Jeune Rd, 1000 NW (42nd Ave), Miami, FL 33126 (Formerly Airport Regency Hotel)   |
Special Offer
Pick a Perk
Ranked #27 of 119 Hotels in Miami
Miami, Florida
“HOTEL”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2011

Featuring all the amenities and services offered by the larger chain hotels, the Regency Hotel differentiate itself with impeccable service and style. Highly recommended.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank marcelo f
JoseMiguul, Front Office Manager at Regency Hotel Miami, responded to this review, October 31, 2011
Thanks for your comments,
we take pride of our services and we are still improving every day,
Our guest opinions are very important to us, thanks for taking time to post your thoughts and we are looking forward to see you and your family back soon at the hotel.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (104)
  • Slovak first
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2011

I would not stay here again if they paid me to stay. Old hotel needs updating badly rooms more like a old motel6. Hotel shuttle is a joke. The van smells like smoke we even saw the driver sitting in front of the hotel smoking in the van.

• Stayed October 2011
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
2 Thank dkennedy5324
JoseMiguul, Front Office Manager at Regency Hotel Miami, responded to this review, October 26, 2011
Our airport shuttle is only one month old, and we have it detailed on a regular basis. If you can provide me with the date and approximate time of the reported incident, it will help me investigate. Our room product has just been remodeled. As is noted in many of the reesent reviews posted, our renovated rooms are very well received. I would imagine that most seasoned travelers would note a considerable difference between our rooms and an “old motel6”. Purhaps you're stay did not corespond to the completion of the project.
Oakville
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2011

I have been reading a lot of reviews for this hotel and it seems that most of the negative reviews came from clients that were assigned to stay there due to flight cancellations. As such, perhaps they were generally disgruntled about the situation or perhaps they were given the older rooms pending renovations.
Overall, I find that some of the comments were nit picky and is expected of an older hotel. With renovations under way, this should be indicative as to how the hotel wants to continue to improve.
I also want to commend Jose, the hotel manager for taking the time to respond to most negative and positive feedback. This is someone that obviously cares about the business and is touch with what the public thinks.
I look forward to visiting the hotel in January with my family. We plan to stay there before and after our cruise.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars
JoseMiguul, Front Office Manager at Regency Hotel Miami, responded to this review, October 25, 2011
Thank you for your kind words and astute observations. We’re proud of our recent achievements and look forward to welcoming you to the ‘new’ Regency Hotel Miami.

Again we appreciate that you and your family have decide to stay here next year and I will be glad to receive your reservation myself, please send me and email with all the information, we assure you that your vacations will be in very good hands with us.

Best Regarts!
South Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2011

Recently, I had a trip planned to go north. When I got to the airport, my flight had been overbooked, and the airlines offered to have me stay overnight in a neighboring hotel. Since it was late, and I didn'e feel like driving back to the beach, I decided to take a mini stay-cay and check in to this hotel. BOY, WHAT A SURPRISE! I thought all the boutique hotels were mostly on the beach. But, when arrived at the Regency Miami, everything from getting off from the van, through checkout was superb. The hotel has been recently renovated, and although from the outside, it doesn't look like much, the inside brought about quite a surprise. The lobby was great, there was an awesome restaurant and bar, and even a club. The staff was extremely accomodating, and the rooms were fresh and clean. They even have a pool for an early morning dip after breakfast. I was really impressed- these guys really know what they are doing. I may stay there again just for the coziness of it all-super friendly staff, and very clean.

Room Tip: i stayed on a top floors and had a nice view of the surrounding airport urban nieghbourhood
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
2 Thank SouthFloridaDomenico
Manchester, New Hampshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2011

Very clean, cozy and quiet. The rooms are large w/ balconies. Decor is beautiful from the lobby to the halls right into to the rooms! Surprisingly enough, did not hear the planes going by w/ the slider closed. Gorgeous pool and landscaping. Ontime FREE Shuttle service. Staff is very efficient and friendly. The restaurant had great food, reasonably priced and plentiful portions. The bartender and waitstaff treated us like we were old friends, they entertained my teenagers w/ some tricksand jokes and even shared there secrets of how to do the tricks. We had some good laughs that night! I highly recommmend staying here!

Room Tip: The rooms facing the main street have a nice view of the airport.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
Bengaluru (Bangalore), India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2011

Ok, so I got this hotel when I bid on hotwire.com for a 3 star and upscale hotel. I was rather disappointed to read the reviews and thought that may be its going to be very horrible! But when I landed there after a long flight, I was rather happy to see the warm reception and the beautiful lobby.. Its a busy hotel(from all the airport crowd) and thats why they are strict about the check-in time..
The only problem is that due to its proximity to the airport, you may hear flights landing and taking off, that may be disturbing if you are sleeping in early..
But otherwise this place is warm and nice. Although I didnt like the breakfast buffet..

Overall not a bad deal, but it wouldn't be my first choice! :)

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2011

Short but sweet
I was sent to the Regency Hotel after the flight I was booked on was cancelled. It was a rainy night and I was not looking forward to spending it at an airport hotel. However, I was surprised how attractive and lively the hotel turned out to be. There were three areas to hang out – a Lobby lounge, a full service restaurant and a club. The front desk agent invited me to their happy hour when I checked in. Le Club was a very cool bar. Not very crowed, but the upscale clientele and a great DJ made it fun. It closed a bit early for my taste, but was still enjoyable. I got a great nights rest, and awoke to a rainy day. Too bad as the hotel had a really nice pool.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple