“Surprisingly nice” 4 of 5 stars

Regency Hotel Miami
Ranked #29 of 120 Hotels in Miami
“Surprisingly nice”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2011

I unexpectedly had to spend an evening in Miami and reluctantly jumped on the Regency airport shuttle.  Not leaving the best impression, I entered the lobby and was really taken back by its grandeur.  A very pleasant young lady promptly checked me in, and informed me that due to the property nearing a sellout, I would be upgraded to the club level.  The room was very nice and appeared to be recently renovated.  The bed was incredibly comfortable, and the free wifi worked perfectly.  The room had a large balcony; it’s a shame that there was no outdoor seating (although the noise from aircraft was very loud).

Check out the lobby bar where they serve a drink called “Miami Vice”.  It was delicious.  When I departed the hotel I asked who managed the property.  They said they we’re independent.  Nice work Airport Regency!

• Stayed August 2011
      Location
      Rooms
1 Thank acastellaneta

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (107)
  • Slovak first
Lanham, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2011

Everything is very elegant and neat. The hotel facilities are equipped with everything you could need. The staff is very friendly and willing to help in anything you need. The location is a plus (close to the airport).

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank marlene1530
Raleigh, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2011

I went on a quick trip to Miami and booked a room at this hotel. Right from the start the front desk helped me being that it was a quick stay. They accommodated me with excellent customer service and showed concern that all my needs be met. The room was very clean and beautiful decor as well. I did not need to remind the front desk of the time i would be leaving, the bellman was there when indicated. Very friendly and amicable the young man. The next morning i enjoyed a variety of breakfast items, all fresh and tasty. But overall i can not stop to say that the front desk was truly a great help and i must add they had excellent customer service! Will keep in mind this hotel for future stays!!!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled solo
2 Thank Millie23_11
Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2011

The hotel was fabulous, the people always smiling and friendly, and the shuttle service was great!! We didnt have to wait a minute and you guys were already there!! So i would definitely go back to the hotel, it was an unforgettable experience.

Stayed January 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank NikkiS07
Nassau
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2011

AA canceled my flight to Chicago..I've lived in Miami and have never heard of this hotel.
So when the agent gave me the voucher for the hotel I refused, AA doesnt put their own Pilots /staff here. But it was all they had, and I wasnt about to pay for my own hotel or sleep in the airport.
I lobby is very old world spain or spanish decor. I was surprised it wasnt a roach motel, as i once thought. My room was clean, Fresh paint and white linens. The TV is antiquated though but oh well and the bathroom wasnt half bad.
Would I stay there again.. maybe. if the price was right. Yes.
oh and free parking.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2011

I was in Miami on business and I was put in the Airport Regency Hotel. I must say I hadn't heard much from it but from the moment I walked into the Lobby I was impressed. Very clean and beautiful lobby with excellent service. Great food at the restaurant. Good room service and a clean pool. I must admit I didn't know what to expect so I wa pleasantly surprised.

• Stayed July 2011
      Location
      Rooms
Dover, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2011

I had the pleasure of staying a long time and know all the facilities, since I just sleep for a weekend, my stay in Miami was short on family staff ... but i test the food in his restaurant and take some drinks watching the yankees...it was excellent! time, i get fun a lot, treatment, food and service was very good, I would like come back with good friends.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family