“Worst Hotel Stay in 20 years”

Regency Hotel Miami
Ranked #37 of 122 Hotels in Miami
Flower Mound, Texas
“Worst Hotel Stay in 20 years”
Reviewed July 1, 2011

I was given a voucher from American Airlines to stay in this hotel. The staff is unattentive at best. The driver to the shuttle rude and arguing with guests. I saw other hotels pass me three times before I ever saw this guy. When I got to the front desk Mickey looked like he had been partying all night and then put his uniform on. I thought he had been over worked for hours and asked how much longer he had to work he said about 6 more hours. I was given a voucher for food and was starving. I got mashed potatoes ouf of a box. I ordered salad and got two hamburger toppings lettuce, tomato, and onion put on a plate. I got to my room and the sound outside my window sounded like an airplane taking off. I asked if they had another room and they said no but offered me earplugs. I came down to get the ear plugs and they were offering a new guest new rooms. The earplugs did not cover the noise. I woke up on and off all through the night. I was in deep sleep at 8:00AM and someone knocked on the door and was opening it at the same time. Did not even give me a chance to respond. The maids have been so loud ever sense I have not slept. The alarm clock in the room has read 10:43 since I got here and the remote does not work, I have two more food vouchers for this "hotel" but will not use them as I will not put any more money in their pockets. I will go pay to eat at the airport. Goodbye Miami!!!!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (136)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Travelers also viewed these Miami hotels
Downtown
YVE Hotel Miami
YVE Hotel Miami
#57 of 122 in Miami

Been to Regency Hotel Miami? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Regency Hotel Miami

Property: Regency Hotel Miami
Address: 1000 NW 42nd Ave, 1000 NW (42nd Ave), Miami, FL 33126-3645 (Formerly Airport Regency Hotel)
Location: United States > Florida > Miami
#1 Best Value Hotel in Miami
#21 Family Hotel in Miami
#22 Business Hotel in Miami
#31 Romantic Hotel in Miami
Hotel Class:3.5 star — Regency Hotel Miami 3.5*
The Regency Hotel features 176 spacious guest rooms on 6 floors. Having recently undergone a half-million dollar renovation, the property features two deluxe suites, thirty six Regency Club rooms, thirty four premium Regency rooms, and one hundred standard rooms each with private balcony.With a distinctive boutique ambiance, the Regency is a leading choice amongst Miami hotels. Our personalize service; attention to detail, fine dining and independent mind set differentiate us from our competitors. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Regency Hotel Miami reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Regency Hotel Airport