“A little worn around the edges...”

Doubletree by Hilton Grand Hotel Biscayne Bay
Ranked #50 of 128 Hotels in Miami
Reviewed December 21, 2010

An okay hotel. They upgraded us to a condo unit -- very large and well furnished. It didn't quite have the bay FRONT view we requested, but it was still a decent view. The corridors in the hotel are quite bleak looking. The rooms, though clean, could use some TLC -- new grout in the bathrooms, better locking doors on the balconies, etc.

The small shopping center attached to this hotel is a plus. There are several restaurants in the shopping area. The two we chose were decent, though not great.

Would we stay here again? Maybe, but we'd probably try somewhere else first.

One major sin for this hotel: Their signature cookies were way overcooked and very hard!!!

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank FL410
Write a ReviewReviews (2,141)

Reviewed December 17, 2010

This hotel is near American Airlines arena and the opera house andd the performing arts center all within a 8 minute walk. The retail gallery connected to the hotel is a plus with its restaurants. The rooms have a balcony but the doors do not open to the patio "for your safety and security" according to the writing on the doors. The parking is valet only for $29 a day so be prepared.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed December 10, 2010

Run screaming if they offer you a Condo. I did only one night of a five night stay. This one had not been checked into or out for awhile and supplies where taken for the other "suites". No soap in the kitchen and no linens. the cold water in the shower was turned off and didn't find out until I was shampooing my hair as the water went from warm to scalding. The reason the cold water had been turned off at the source was it would not turn off at the faucet. The garbage disposal was jammed with a past guest earrings. No instruction on how to us any of the electronics/the multiple remotes/Internet. It just kept getting worse. The front desk manager did salvage the remainder of the stay. I was moved the Hotel side of the property and It was a hotel. The overall physical plant worked like it should but was showing it's age.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank artieboy
bb77586, Director of Sales at Doubletree by Hilton Grand Hotel Biscayne Bay, responded to this reviewResponded January 28, 2011

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your concerns regarding your condo stay at the Doubletree Grand Hotel.

Please accept our sincerest apology for the incoveniences you experienced. Our condo relations manager is working on upgrading all our condo room types and ensuring they meet our brand standards in order to provide guest satisfaction.

We hope that you will give us another opportunity to serve you and exceed your expectations.

Director of Sales and Marketing

Reviewed December 9, 2010

Loved the concierge staff Carmen, Ceasar and Miguel. Loved the friendliness of the entire Doubletree staff. I was very shocked and deeply disappointed when I traveled to and shopped at Bayside and the Dolphin Mall. Out of my 50 plus years I have never been treated so badly by a business owner. (at Bayside). Then to add insult to injury I went to Dolphin Mall where I encountered sheer racism at it's worse. I can't and will not repeat what happened to my husband and myself. I live in Chicago with a very diverse group of people and never have I had to deal with prejudice and hatred like I did at Bayside and the Dolphin Mall. Florida generates a lot of their revenue through tourism therefore the residents need to learn diversity and tolerance of others. They need to learn to be friendly and courtesy to others, not just their own, but let it extend to those that they don't know.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 23, 2010

The rate was low and the photos looked great. It was convenient to downtown business meetings. Then I got there and checked in and they 'upgraded' me to a one-bedroom condo unit overlooking the Bay, but... The room had holes in the walls and the $10 artwork on the walls were all damaged -- seemed like there must have been an angry guest there before me. There was no electric in the bedroom (no lights, no tv), although there was electric in the living room. The unit next to mine had a smoke detector incessantly beeping. My colleague had no better experience in his room... I guess you get what you pay for.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank TCBusiness
bb77586, Director of Sales at Doubletree by Hilton Grand Hotel Biscayne Bay, responded to this reviewResponded December 1, 2010

Dear Guest,

We are sorry to learn that you were not satisfied with your stay at the Doubletree Grand Hotel.

Our condo relations management staff is working on improving the standards of units that are in the hotel program and removing those that do not comply with our standards.

We hope that you will give us another opportunity to show you our strong committment to guest satisfaction on your next visit to Miami.

Director of Sales and Marketing

Reviewed November 18, 2010

My family took me to Miami for my birthday and it was the best time of my life. We barely left the place. The personnel was nice and friendly, rooms were clean and fresh. Swimming pool was exceptionally clean and nice. Overall, great place, I would recommend for family reunions.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed November 18, 2010

I stayed at this hotel to visit friends in town. The scenery and service were both great. It was also very conveniently located and made meeting my friends and seeing the town very easy. I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple