“Loved the Doubletree, but was not impressed with the people of Miami”

Doubletree by Hilton Grand Hotel Biscayne Bay
Ranked #50 of 127 Hotels in Miami
Reviewed December 9, 2010

Loved the concierge staff Carmen, Ceasar and Miguel. Loved the friendliness of the entire Doubletree staff. I was very shocked and deeply disappointed when I traveled to and shopped at Bayside and the Dolphin Mall. Out of my 50 plus years I have never been treated so badly by a business owner. (at Bayside). Then to add insult to injury I went to Dolphin Mall where I encountered sheer racism at it's worse. I can't and will not repeat what happened to my husband and myself. I live in Chicago with a very diverse group of people and never have I had to deal with prejudice and hatred like I did at Bayside and the Dolphin Mall. Florida generates a lot of their revenue through tourism therefore the residents need to learn diversity and tolerance of others. They need to learn to be friendly and courtesy to others, not just their own, but let it extend to those that they don't know.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple

Reviewed November 23, 2010

The rate was low and the photos looked great. It was convenient to downtown business meetings. Then I got there and checked in and they 'upgraded' me to a one-bedroom condo unit overlooking the Bay, but... The room had holes in the walls and the $10 artwork on the walls were all damaged -- seemed like there must have been an angry guest there before me. There was no electric in the bedroom (no lights, no tv), although there was electric in the living room. The unit next to mine had a smoke detector incessantly beeping. My colleague had no better experience in his room... I guess you get what you pay for.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank TCBusiness
bb77586, Director of Sales at Doubletree by Hilton Grand Hotel Biscayne Bay, responded to this reviewResponded December 1, 2010

Dear Guest,

We are sorry to learn that you were not satisfied with your stay at the Doubletree Grand Hotel.

Our condo relations management staff is working on improving the standards of units that are in the hotel program and removing those that do not comply with our standards.

We hope that you will give us another opportunity to show you our strong committment to guest satisfaction on your next visit to Miami.

Reviewed November 18, 2010

My family took me to Miami for my birthday and it was the best time of my life. We barely left the place. The personnel was nice and friendly, rooms were clean and fresh. Swimming pool was exceptionally clean and nice. Overall, great place, I would recommend for family reunions.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed November 18, 2010

I stayed at this hotel to visit friends in town. The scenery and service were both great. It was also very conveniently located and made meeting my friends and seeing the town very easy. I would definitely stay there again.

Reviewed November 10, 2010

We payed pretty much full price on this one (which I hate doing). . . and it was worth it!

We had previously stayed at the Marriott next door and really enjoyed the stores and restaurants available to the two hotels.

The Doubletree Grand's rooms were good size. We had a great view of the Bay!!!

With the exception of the service at their 2nd floor sports bar (bleu moon or something), the service was really good. Even the sports bar was entertaining, as everytime we have been in there on our trips, the manager just looks frazzled. . .We people watch him.

We had two days in Miami before going to the keys and we find that saying at the Grand (or Marriott) is a good, quiet center location. Close to South Beach, the marketplace, the highways.

Valet parking staff was great and our luggage was taken care of very promptly. Definitely would stay again!

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
bb77586, Director of Sales at Doubletree by Hilton Grand Hotel Biscayne Bay, responded to this reviewResponded November 11, 2010

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience at the Doubletree Grand Hotel.

We are pleased to know that you found all the amenities in the building convenient and that our service met your expecations.

We look forward to welcoming you back on your next trip to Miami!

Reviewed November 5, 2010

A few of my company's key consultants travel to Miami for business everyweek and the staff at the Doubletree has made an effort to get to know them on a personal basis and make them feel like they are at home. The staff is very friendly, the rooms are beautiful and the view is amazing. Top leadership staff works with us on a regular basis to make sure our needs are met and we are satisfied with the hotel and service. We are very satisfied and glad to be partnering with them for our hotel needs in Miami!

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled on business

Dear Ms. Bachar,

Thank you for your recent review on the Doubletree Grand Hotel.

We appreciate your vote of confidence and it is our pleasure to assist you and your colleagues.

Thank you for your continued partnership!

Reviewed October 19, 2010

We chose this hotel for a place to stay the night before our cruise.

The room was spectacular. We had a balcony and a view of the bay. The bed in the room was the most comfortable bed I have ever slept in (and I have stayed at many, many hotels). I wanted to carry it out and bring it home with me.

The hotel staff here were excellent. Especially the front desk staff who I kept approaching to ask random hotel/taxi type questions. They were very friendly and did not seem bothered by me.

This hotel is great because there are so many restaurants attached to it. You can basically find anything you could want to eat. They had Chinese, Italian, a place that sold hamburgers and the like, plus a deli serving Starbucks.

For dinner we ate at Primo's the Italian restaurant. It was a small and dimly lit restaurant with outstanding food. It was delicious!

For those heading off to a cruise the next morning just go right out front and taxis will be there waiting for you.