“Excellent & Understanding Front Desk Saved my Trip!”

Doubletree by Hilton Grand Hotel Biscayne Bay
Ranked #51 of 122 Hotels in Miami
Los Angeles, California
“Excellent & Understanding Front Desk Saved my Trip!”
Reviewed August 25, 2010

This hotel is one of the best hotels my family and I have stayed in. After realizing the previous hotel we booked was not what we expected, we searched the area for a hotel with a decent price and room. Instead, we found the Doubletree which offered an amazing price, and a incredible room. More importantly, the front desk person made this possible with his understanding of our situation. Thanks Nick!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
bb77586, Director of Sales at Doubletree by Hilton Grand Hotel Biscayne Bay, responded to this review, August 27, 2010
Dear Davidquimbayo,

Thank you for sharing your recent experience at the Doubletree Grand Hotel. I appreciate your time in writing a review about our service and accommodations.

Guest service and cleanliness is top on our list of priorities when it comes to guest satisfaction.

We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back on any future stays in Miami.

Brigette Bienvenu, Director of Sales and Marketing

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (282)
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
Freeport, Grand Bahama Island
Reviewed August 24, 2010

We arrived at the double tree late night, tired and worn, the entrance was welcoming, the entry foyer was welcoming, and Anthony the front desk clerk was very alert and helpful. we go to the room and we felt comfortable a nice big bed open area living room scene. my only complaint was that there was a humming all through the night from the exhaust in the bathroom I think.
there is good food, great prices, shopping, everything is there for your every need. no need to rush out side to buy if you don't have it's all right there.
what got us is it's the DOUBLETREE and we didn't expect to be that comfortable and we were.
I would not hesitate to recommend this Hotel to friends and family.
it was clean and the people were friendly and helpful.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
bb77586, Director of Sales at Doubletree by Hilton Grand Hotel Biscayne Bay, responded to this review, August 25, 2010
Dear Mrs. HoneyBee,

I want to thank you for posting your recent experience at the Doubletree Grand Hotel. It pleases me to know that our staff and services are exceeding guest expectations. We look forward to welcoming you back on your next trip to Miami!

New York City, New York
Reviewed August 9, 2010

The best located, clean, amazing views, superb staff, fantastik service, value for the money and safety serves it all. Despite of Marriott and Hilton around it Doubletree is par excellence incl for family or a party crew.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed August 7, 2010

i never read a review on a hotel but after this experience i will..the services is awful they hire characters from movies and supervisor with a name after a drink. they are the rudest front desk clerks have ever encounter. they were not friendly or even willing to help. hotels is outdated but housekeeping staff is nice. valet is a little higher then expected but they were nice.ask to speak to a front desk manager and was told no managers on the weekend not even the general manager. so our concern were not herd. was here to plan a wedding and accomadations for our guest. i would be a crazy bride if i would use this hotel.. will never stay here.

Stayed August 2010, traveled with friends
3 Thank bride201007
bb77586, Director of Sales at Doubletree by Hilton Grand Hotel Biscayne Bay, responded to this review, August 24, 2010
To all Viewers,

I respectfully request that you disregard this review and the inappropriate statements made within. This reviewer personally attacks our team members and we find this inappropriate, further this comment violates tripadvisor guidelines.

Please refer to our previous reviews (both positive and not so positive) for a more accurate understanding of our hotel and services.

Respectfully,

Ajax, Canada
Reviewed August 1, 2010

Don't believe the negative reviews, Doubletree Grand Hotel and it's staff are wonderful! I reserved a room approximately 2 months in advance, later I went on the internet and started reading some of the reviews and got very concerned. I contemplated canceling, but decided I'll judge for myself and was I happy I did. We arrived at approximately 3 pm, we were told that our room will be ready in 15 minutes, I thought ohoh, here we go, the reviews were right. I advised the front desk staff we had family waiting for us and could not spare the extra 15 minutes, right away she found a room that ready and checked us in. The hotel staff were friendly and helpful, the room was clean and spacious. I would absolutely stay there again. I highly recommend.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank GPalmer25
bb77586, Director of Sales at Doubletree by Hilton Grand Hotel Biscayne Bay, responded to this review, August 3, 2010
Dear GPalmer25,

Thank you for your comment on the Doubletree Grand Hotel. We appreciate you kindly taking the time to write a review on your recent stay with us.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Doubletree Grand Hotel on your next trip to Miami!

Warmest Regards,
Memphis, TN
Reviewed July 31, 2010

This absolutely gorgeous hotel (left half hotel, right half condos) is right ON the marina. We had a king size room with a balcony view on the seventh floor and I absolutely loved my room. The AC gave us just a little bit of a problem as the room would take for ever to cool, but other than that they stay was perfect. The lobby leads to an area which looks nothing short of a mall! There are restaurants (yummy food!), a deli, pharmacy, gift shop, boutique, jewelry store - pretty much anything that you can think of! I caught a cold after the second night, and was able to go straight down to the pharmacy and get me some meds! That was just truly amazing. The parking however, was WAY too pricey. Your only option is valet parking for $29/night. So on a four-night stay, we paid almost $120 for PARKING. That was truly the only downside to this hotel.
I will, however, stay here again. :-)

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
Dear Simplynitty,

Thank you for your acknowledgement of the Doubletree Grand Hotel on tripadvisor.com. We appreciate your feedback and are pleased to know that you found all the amenities and services in the buidling to be convenient and helpful. Our resort like amenities are what set us apart from the competition.

We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the Doubletree Grand Hotel on your next visit to Miami!

Warmest Regards,
L.A.
Reviewed July 31, 2010

My wife and I stayed in a beautiful, two bedroom condo high on the 23rd floor which provided a stunning view from our dining area and living room of the bay area. From our balcony, which also looked upon the bay, we were also afforded a view of the swimming pool at which we spent many an hour lolling about and reading when not exploring Miami. The constant breeze, even in this hot month was entirely relaxing. The location was central enough to provide an easy drive to nearly every tourist destination, including the exceedingly overpriced South Beach area.

Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple