“service is horrible”

Doubletree by Hilton Grand Hotel Biscayne Bay
Ranked #50 of 127 Hotels in Miami
Reviewed August 7, 2010

i never read a review on a hotel but after this experience i will..the services is awful they hire characters from movies and supervisor with a name after a drink. they are the rudest front desk clerks have ever encounter. they were not friendly or even willing to help. hotels is outdated but housekeeping staff is nice. valet is a little higher then expected but they were nice.ask to speak to a front desk manager and was told no managers on the weekend not even the general manager. so our concern were not herd. was here to plan a wedding and accomadations for our guest. i would be a crazy bride if i would use this hotel.. will never stay here.

Stayed: August 2010, traveled with friends
3  Thank bride201007
bb77586, Director of Sales at Doubletree by Hilton Grand Hotel Biscayne Bay, responded to this reviewResponded August 24, 2010

To all Viewers,

I respectfully request that you disregard this review and the inappropriate statements made within. This reviewer personally attacks our team members and we find this inappropriate, further this comment violates tripadvisor guidelines.

Please refer to our previous reviews (both positive and not so positive) for a more accurate understanding of our hotel and services.

Respectfully,

Reviewed August 1, 2010

Don't believe the negative reviews, Doubletree Grand Hotel and it's staff are wonderful! I reserved a room approximately 2 months in advance, later I went on the internet and started reading some of the reviews and got very concerned. I contemplated canceling, but decided I'll judge for myself and was I happy I did. We arrived at approximately 3 pm, we were told that our room will be ready in 15 minutes, I thought ohoh, here we go, the reviews were right. I advised the front desk staff we had family waiting for us and could not spare the extra 15 minutes, right away she found a room that ready and checked us in. The hotel staff were friendly and helpful, the room was clean and spacious. I would absolutely stay there again. I highly recommend.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank GPalmer25
bb77586, Director of Sales at Doubletree by Hilton Grand Hotel Biscayne Bay, responded to this reviewResponded August 3, 2010

Dear GPalmer25,

Thank you for your comment on the Doubletree Grand Hotel. We appreciate you kindly taking the time to write a review on your recent stay with us.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Doubletree Grand Hotel on your next trip to Miami!

Warmest Regards,

Reviewed July 31, 2010

This absolutely gorgeous hotel (left half hotel, right half condos) is right ON the marina. We had a king size room with a balcony view on the seventh floor and I absolutely loved my room. The AC gave us just a little bit of a problem as the room would take for ever to cool, but other than that they stay was perfect. The lobby leads to an area which looks nothing short of a mall! There are restaurants (yummy food!), a deli, pharmacy, gift shop, boutique, jewelry store - pretty much anything that you can think of! I caught a cold after the second night, and was able to go straight down to the pharmacy and get me some meds! That was just truly amazing. The parking however, was WAY too pricey. Your only option is valet parking for $29/night. So on a four-night stay, we paid almost $120 for PARKING. That was truly the only downside to this hotel.
I will, however, stay here again. :-)

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple

Dear Simplynitty,

Thank you for your acknowledgement of the Doubletree Grand Hotel on tripadvisor.com. We appreciate your feedback and are pleased to know that you found all the amenities and services in the buidling to be convenient and helpful. Our resort like amenities are what set us apart from the competition.

We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the Doubletree Grand Hotel on your next visit to Miami!

Warmest Regards,

Reviewed July 31, 2010

My wife and I stayed in a beautiful, two bedroom condo high on the 23rd floor which provided a stunning view from our dining area and living room of the bay area. From our balcony, which also looked upon the bay, we were also afforded a view of the swimming pool at which we spent many an hour lolling about and reading when not exploring Miami. The constant breeze, even in this hot month was entirely relaxing. The location was central enough to provide an easy drive to nearly every tourist destination, including the exceedingly overpriced South Beach area.

Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 30, 2010

For those who are not interested in night life or have a car, I would recomend this hotel. I didn't have any problem with front desk staff, cleanliness, or any other thing. I got happy with my choice.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed July 28, 2010

I must say this hotel is difference! But the staff was great!! Front desk was so attentive. Housekeeping came within mintues when we ask for new towels.(AND THE POOL IS AWESOME). I really enjoyed myself and I will be back!

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with friends
1  Thank lissahudson
Reviewed July 20, 2010

First of all when i got there the room was not prepared with the items that i had asked for. The vending machines didnt work on our floor and the ice machine. Also they had no snack machines. I had to ask for towels 4 times before I actually got them which was later that night. In order to get to our room we had to walk about a mile. Also there was no food availiable late night after 2am. They ran my credit card like crazy without my permission. There is also no shuttle bus from the airport or to different places. You have to pay for a taxi and they are competitive about telling you which taxi to take. If you drive you have to pay 29 dollars a night for parking and not for valet!!!! There was no other parking availiable. This hotel sucked!!!

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Mzwilliams0816
bb77586, Director of Sales at Doubletree by Hilton Grand Hotel Biscayne Bay, responded to this reviewResponded July 23, 2010

Dear Guest,

I appreciate your feedback on your recent stay at the Doubletree Grand Hotel and apologize if you did not receive the service you were expecting. We will take your comments into consideration and address the possibility of extending dining hours with our late night restaurants that are currently open until 1am.

Regards,