2 people are viewing this hotel
Doubletree.com$254
Priceline$254
travelup.com$198
2,745 results
All reviews bedroom condo biscayne bay double tree south beach free trolley valet parking front desk staff port of miami cruise ship pre cruise balcony bidet publix metromover uber
Selected filters
Reviewed April 18, 2019

I left this email below to management, I have yet to hear from anyone-

I reserved a three bedroom condo for my sister, three friends and I to celebrate our 35th birthday; the reservation was dated for hotel April 12th -15th. When I arrived to the hotel I was informed that my reservation was cancelled for not paying the one night’s room and tax, when in fact I called the same day the email was sent to me in regards to the cancellation, informing the front desk to authorize my stay because funds was now transferred into that account but clearly that didn’t happen. With the room being cancelled the hotel wasn’t able to accommodate myself and four other guests, we had to sleep in two separate on different floors (definitely wasn’t a part of the plan!!) On the next day around 12noon the front desk didn’t have a room available for us to move into, the front desk informed me that I would be notified and someone will move our luggage however neither happened. Finally they found a room for me and my group however the room was disgusting and had a fooooul odor when I walked into the room!!! At this point we’re on room change number 3! So finally we are settled into our new room and we notice the rug in the dining area hug stain, the furniture was smelly and most items in the condo was outdated. Walking through the label I was expecting this great hotel, the pictures on the internet looked beautiful and I was so excited to be staying there however this stay has left me completely disappointed.

While talking to the staff, I find out that the condos where Airbnd and the rooms are issued out by grade level, clearly I've must have stayed in an "D" room...That needs to be informed by guest before booking, had I known I might not have stayed there.

To make matters worse, upon check out I was over charged for my room; I was told that my rate would stay the same $1017.00 for a total of three nights, I was charged $1220.40. I’m not pleased with this experience at all!! The staff was difficult and rude, no one at the hotel owns up to their roll, there was never a manager available when I needed one therefore I was stuck with an email address...

Room tip: This hotel is basically an Airbnb
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
DoubletreeGrand, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Grand Hotel Biscayne Bay, responded to this reviewResponded April 19, 2019

Dear Guest,
I am sorry to hear you encounter some challenges during your stay, specially with the condos you experienced. I will like to discuss with you in greater detail. Please contact the Hotel and ask for me. We apologize if the situation was frustrating and I want to ensure I can address your concerns.

Reviewed April 12, 2019

Great htl and rooms are really nice. The view from the bay is great. However, the hotel was overbooked on our stay and we were sent to an inferior room on a htl close to it. In he next day, we were kicked off on Sunday 11am from the hotel, and Doubletree only had a room for us on second night at 3pm. Basically they ruined our sunny sunday.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
John-HiltonHelp, on behalf of management at DoubleTree by Hilton Grand Hotel Biscayne Bay, responded to this reviewResponded April 22, 2019

Dear Connector39226104058,

We are very sorry for the inconvenience you experienced during your recent trip. Thank you for your flexibility and your review. At our hotel, we hate to turn away guests for any reason. We have shared your comments with our front office, and we’re evaluating our policies and procedures. We hope that when you travel back to the area, you’ll give us another chance.

Reviewed April 10, 2019

Room:
I was very impressed by the size of the room I had, as well as the view of the bay, and the fact that it was recently remodeled. We had some problems with sloppy housekeeping, which would be my only complaint about the room.
Service:
I was here doing business in the hotel and was very impressed with the conference room and with the caterers and general service within the hotel. Everyone was polite and professional and attentive.
Location:
This is set a bit outside of downtown, so the surrounding area is kind of quiet, with lots of chain businesses nearby. I believe this is a fairly residential area. Walking around in the immediate neighborhood was kind of disappointingly boring, but it is close to downtown and a quick drive to Miami Beach.

Room tip: Ocean View rooms are worth the upgrade
Date of stay: March 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
DoubletreeGrand, Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Grand Hotel Biscayne Bay, responded to this reviewResponded April 11, 2019

Dear Guest, Thank you staying with us and taking the time to write a review. I am happy to hear the hotel catered to your needs and you had a pleasant stay. I will address your housekeeping concerns with our Housekeeping Manager as we continue training and developing our Team Members. We appreciate your feedback and look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed April 10, 2019

Our stay was excellent! Go see Tamara, she is the best. She was very helpful in letting us know about the various activities and amenities. I have no complaint about this Hotel. Minutes away from south beach.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Dear Guest, Thank you for the wonderful review. I will make sure to share your feedback with Tamara, she will be delighted. We hope to welcome you back during your next visit to Miami.

Reviewed April 9, 2019 via mobile

We have just checked into a King Grand Suite Bayview suite for a two night stay.The details shown on the Hilton website clearly state this is a two room suite, but it is not!
After seeing the room I went down to reception to say the room was not as described and we needed separate areas for my elderly Mother and my son. I was told that sometimes Hilton describe a room as two room when it’s not. This is misrepresentation. I asked for an alternative room but was told nothing was available although when we checked in, other guests were being upgraded to two room condos.
The manager offered us another room which was still one room and not suitable and then offered breakfast. Our rate already included breakfast so hardly a concession!
She also told us the hotel was fully booked for our second night, although the website clearly shows two bedroom suites available.
I also pre ordered a roll out bed for my son and a bottle of wine to celebrate my Mother’s first trip to Miami. Neither have arrived!!
As a Hilton Honors member I am very disappointed with the treatment we have received and the disrespect shown to my Mother.
This hotel clearly does not value HH members or seniors.

Trip type: Traveled with family
2  Thank JuliaHLondon_UK

Dear Julie, I am very sorry to hear you had a disappointing arrival experience at the Hotel. It's my understanding that our staff was able to accommodate your requirements while one property. Our #1 priority is the satisfaction and well being of all our guests. I trust that you mom had a lovely time in Miami. If our staff was not able to Make it Right for you please feel free to contact me directly.