2 people are viewing this hotel
Doubletree.com$254
Priceline$254
CheapTickets$254
2,745 results
All reviews bedroom condo biscayne bay double tree south beach free trolley valet parking front desk staff port of miami cruise ship pre cruise balcony bidet publix metromover uber
Selected filters
Reviewed December 13, 2018

Got there with a smile on my face but felt like I was getting checking in by a robot... I took the King suite with nice view to the bay which is what I really wanted - I don't know why but I expect to have WiFi that works - it wasn't - they tried to fix it (wasted 30 minutes of my life...) and no luck - they "upgraded" me to the condominium... yes the WiFi worked well but no full view of the bay and the apt looked like it hasn't been renovated in 10 years - apt 3444 - what crap... I should have taken photos but was too tired to think about this... bottom line I wanted to chill in a nice a hotel and got this weird condo / retirement home... sigh...

• Trip type: Traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
miabs_ds, Director of Sales at DoubleTree by Hilton Grand Hotel Biscayne Bay, responded to this reviewResponded December 14, 2018

Thank you for your recent review. We are very sorry to hear you had an issue with the Wi-Fi and were unhappy with your upgraded room. Our maintenance and engineering team are aware of the situation and in the process of bettering our Wi-Fi and upgrading our condos. We appreciates your feedback and will keep your comments in mind as we improve our guest experience.

Reviewed December 11, 2018

We booked one night at this hotel before embarking on a cruise from Miami, and we've had good luck with the Doubletree brand in the past, so we decided to stay here. First off, the hotel is actually just a small portion of a residential/condo building, which was not at all a big deal, but a bit confusing upon arrival. The great thing about this place was the location was great. There were several restaurants close by and it was a very short Uber over to the cruise port the next morning.

The downside of this hotel is it is dated and in much need of a complete renovation. The staff was very friendly, and the rooms were clean, however the hallway outside our room had a very strong musty smell due to some water leak or plumbing issue. There was a dehumidifier running outside our door, but it didn't appear to be able to do the job! Other than that, the hotel was ok, but I wouldn't want to stay there for any extended time. It was good for a night, which was all we needed it for. If they complete a renovation and refresh the rooms, it would be a top-notch hotel.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank MLBogert
Reviewed December 11, 2018

Do not let the photos of this hotel fool you - this is not a high rise. The hotel guests can only stay up to the 9th floor, the rest is residential. We were on the 7th floor and looked over a construction area and directly across the way was a view of a garage for another residential high rise. From our room, we are able to see some of the bay. Also, I'm not sure if some of the rooms are just designed differently (color/theme wise), but our room isn't exactly like the photos. We have a junior suite with a balcony and a partial water view. We did not use the balcony since there are construction workers just below us on a construction site and the view is mostly of another residential garage. The room is spacious, and you can definitely tell the room is at least 750 square feet, HOWEVER, I think the space could be utilized better. We have the last room straight down the isle on the 7th floor and when we walked in, you immediately see a small dining area, like a kitchen/dining table. There's a mini fridge, coffee, things like that. There are not utensils, so if you have food in the room you will need to bring those with you. Then the space opens up to the living room, where there's a couch, 2 chairs, a coffee table, and a tv. I think the living room space is nice and feels comfortable. Behind the living room space is the bathroom area where there's at first just a sink, then another door to the right that leads to the toilets, shower, and another sink. Around the corner from the living room, you enter the bedroom space which is VERY TIGHT. Considering the 750 square feet and large space of the dining/living room area, I would not have expected the bed to be stuck in the corner. Walking around the bed is tight and the area is small. The bedroom is closed off and you have to go back around the corner to get to the bathroom/living room/dining area. There is closet space next to the bed on one side and a tv mounted on the wall on the other side. The view could be nice from the bed and living room, as the window is huge, however, we did not have an appealing view to look at. The pool was hard for us to find at first but there's access on the 7th floor where we were located. You have to take a separate elevator up to the pool and the entry to the pool is beside residential rooms. The pool area is older and outdated, no view of the water. The pool area was roped off for something, and we were not able to walk to the edge to see if you could see the bay from at least the far end of the pool area. There looked like there could be an area for a bar, but there wasn't one. The pool sides are surrounded by the remaining high rise, on both sides, so unless the sun is straight above you in the sky, you may not be able to get much sun.

PROS: Although check-in isn't until 4, we were able to check in early. Check-out is 11 AM, but I requested late check-out and they were accommodating. Front staff is nice. You dial an extension on your phone to get valet and they were fast.

CONS: When we first arrived to the room, there was a mountain of used towels in the hallway RIGHT BEFORE the door. Although I got late check-out, I was wanting at least another 2 hours, but only got 1.5 hours extra. Valet is $35 per day. This hotel is 1.5 miles from Brickell City Centre, so if you are wanting to stay in an area where you can walk around, this wouldn't be it. I would recommend driving or taking ride shares to get to the more popular areas. Due to the layout of the city, it wouldn't be a casual walk.

• Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed December 9, 2018

We stayed here one night post cruise, but it was Thanksgiving so we could not enjoy everything there was to offer in downtown Miami. The hotel is mostly condominiums with 24 hour security. There are a number of restaurants not directly affiliated with the hotel in the lobby. We stayed in a one bedroom condo with a balcony and view of the ocean. The only problem was there was no door separating the bedroom from the rest of the living area. I would definitely like to stay again for a few days to enjoy the downtown area. Another plus for cruisers is that it is less than 2 miles from the Port of Miami.

Date of stay: November 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 5, 2018

The Staff at the location were very helpful and accommodating. However, the room (Jr Suite) was dated and not what we exepexted. Pool area was a very nice and a decent amount of restaurant locations were available.

• Trip type: Traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
miabs_ds, Director of Sales at DoubleTree by Hilton Grand Hotel Biscayne Bay, responded to this reviewResponded December 6, 2018

Thank you for your recent review. We are very happy to hear our staff was very helpful and accommodating. However, we regret to hear that you were not completely satisfied with your guest room. We do appreciate your feedback and we thank you for your comments as it helps us improve our guest experience.