2,495 results
All reviews bedroom condo double tree biscayne bay warm cookies south beach free trolley valet parking full kitchen port of miami front desk staff american airlines arena pre cruise stay early check cruise ship balcony condominium bidet
Selected filters
Reviewed July 14, 2018

Fast check in and check out. Views were beautiful. Our maid was efficient and pleasant. We were walking distance from Publix, so that was excellent to get snacks and not have to purchase an $80 meal through room service or local restaurant for every single meal.

• Trip type: Traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
1  Thank Barbara Joy J
Reviewed July 13, 2018

Consider the Marriott next door or some of the many other non-Hilton properties in the area.

I am a very frequent customer of Hilton properties (Diamond member) and have stayed at many Hilton properties annually for many years. This hotel is not what we expected and is possibly the worst Doubletree Hotel I have ever experienced.
Furthermore, there was no response to our politely communicated concerns to the General Manager of the hotel.

The issues were that our room was worn in many areas and cramped. It reminded me of an old neglected Howard Johnson motel. Within the first ten minutes of being in the
first room, I bumped and bruised my leg (broke the skin) against one of the sharp furniture edges which are everywhere. The coffee table top was permanently in many stained in many areas and the bed kickboard base was splintered in some locations. The couch also stained and the fabric was ballooning due to excessive wear. We immediately requested a different room and it was a carbon copy. Both the bellman (who inspected the 1st room and showed us the 2nd room) and the front desk
manager quickly confessed that the furniture is permanently damaged in many rooms. The implication was to stay here and like it or leave. However, we were tired after a long day of travel and concerned that we would lose what we paid if wewent elsewhere. We felt as if we were held captive by this hotel. My thoughts are that they should make note of these conditions in the hotel webpage. Another disappointment was that I requested some items in advance of my visit in full compliance with Hilton’s heavily promoted service which were not in the room where we arrived and I had to call the front desk, who reminded housekeeping, who finally fulfilled the order.

Another disappointment is that normally Doubletrees’ provide full breakfast vouchers for Diamond members. This Doubletree is different and not in a good way. They provide two $8 vouchers per day which does not cover the full breakfast.

The pool areas was very 1970 and was mostly okay except for the pealing paint on the walls adjacent to the pool.

Because of the substandard room, I called and left a message with the General Manager within an hour of my check-in for the two night stay to share my concerns
and feedback and never received a call-back or email. Two weeks have passed since then with no response. The only way to interpret this lack of response is that I am not valued by this General Manager.

Based on the well-practiced response by the staff to our concerns and the lack of a call back by the General Manager, this hotel property team appears to be well versed in not responding to legitimate complaints and I suspect that they receive many. As a Diamond member we are targeted to receive the best possible experience possible. Consequently, you should strongly consider staying elsewhere, There are other many hotels in the area including a Marriott adjacent to the Doubletree.

Room tip: Consider staying elsewhere -I know we will.
Date of stay: June 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Miri L, on behalf of management at Doubletree by Hilton Grand Hotel Biscayne Bay, responded to this reviewResponded July 23, 2018

Dear Jackglobaltraveler

I am very sorry we were not able to provide you with the quality of services you deserved during your recent stay with us. Please know that this is not typical of our hotel and staff, and we are sorry we didn’t meet your expectations during your stay. We are always looking for ways to improve our guest experience as your satisfaction is very important to us. We try hard to make sure all of our guests have a rewarding stay. Thank you again for your feedback. We hope you will consider staying with us again soon so we may have the opportunity to make it right.

Miri L.

Reviewed July 12, 2018

The room was nice, view was amazing but there was a distinct smell in the room. One night I have to spray my room with perfume to make sure I can sleep. And the cleaner was not interested in cleaning the room which she showed by doing a really bad job on it.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
miabs_ds, Director of Sales at Doubletree by Hilton Grand Hotel Biscayne Bay, responded to this reviewResponded July 13, 2018

Thank you for writing a review about your recent stay at our hotel. We are happy to hear you enjoyed your guestroom with an amazing view however, we are very sorry to hear you had an issue with the cleanliness of your room. The issue has been addressed with our housekeeping team and supervisors. We appreciate your feedback, and will keep your comments in mind while we work to improve our guest experience.

Reviewed July 10, 2018

I got placed in this hotel by default as a result of flooding in my airbnb
first I have to say apon arrival I notice parking was 30$ a night absolutely ridiculous
second I was placed on the residential side of the hotel which provides guest to wear a wrist band, I had a friend over so I try to check her in and I was told that I wasn't allow to bring a guest both concierge that work nights were so rude and hollering and screaming that I wasn't allow to bring no one in
they were so unmannered and impolite but there was one person who worked the 7-3 shift I believe his name was altus (tall Hispanic man) amazing and looked out for me the next day other then that the hotel was ghetto everyone was just hanging in the lobby loud music from other balconies never will stay here again!!

Room tip: Very Very Ghetto
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
miabs_ds, Director of Sales at Doubletree by Hilton Grand Hotel Biscayne Bay, responded to this reviewResponded July 11, 2018

Angel,
Thank you for your recent review. We are very sorry to hear you had an issue with the security. We appreciate your feedback and will keep your comments in mind while we work to improve our guest experience.

Reviewed July 10, 2018

We booked this hotel for a pre cruise stay of one night based on the location to the Miami cruise port. We arrived early and our room was ready. Always a good thing after a day of travel. As we had our two kids with us we booked a two bed room. Check in was more that pleasant as we were upgraded to a fantastic two bedroom two bathroom suite!!! An absolutely beautiful suite with a large deck with a wonderful view! Adding to that that location of the hotel was perfect as there are many things to do within walking distance and a short UBER ride to South Beach and the port. Also a convenience store right around the corner for forgotten items.
We would stay in this hotel again regardless of the room assignment due to the cleanliness, location, and professionalism of the staff.

Date of stay: February 2018