“Double Tree Hilton Grand”

Doubletree by Hilton Grand Hotel Biscayne Bay
Ranked #49 of 123 Hotels in Miami
Kinnelon
“Double Tree Hilton Grand”
Reviewed August 13, 2014

This was definitely a 5 star hotel, for me and my family. We rented a two bedroom condo, equipped with all the appliances and comforts of home. The housekeepers did an amazing job every day, as did the workers, at the front desk and the concierge. Publix supermarket was 1/2 block away, which was a PLUS !!! This hotel was a short drive to the beaches and the South Beach area. I would. def. recommend this hotel to my friends and family.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (287)
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
Kingston, Jamaica
Reviewed August 12, 2014

I was pleasantly surprised at the amenities and service provided by this hotel. I selecetd it because I am an Hhonors member and it was in the vicinity I wanted to be. Now that I have stayed there, I would return over and over. It was a truly excellent experience.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Nassau, New Providence Island
Reviewed August 11, 2014

This hotel suffers from an identity crisis. It's trying to be too many things to too many people, and not performing well for any sector. The rooms are old, tired, smelly, and with air-conditioners so noisy it's difficult to sleep. The staff is curt, disinterested and unfriendly, and the food is, at best, average.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
miabs_ds, Director of Sales at Doubletree by Hilton Grand Hotel Biscayne Bay, responded to this review, September 17, 2014
Sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your stay. We are in the process of renovating the hotel room a/c units I do apologize for the issues you had during your stay with us.
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed August 10, 2014

This hotels staff was very accommodating and very helpful they went above and beyond to make my stay great especially the night audit lady ( i apologize i forgot her name) made sure i was well taken care of . The room looks like it was just remodeled , and was very nice the only downside was the television it seemed not to be connected correctly as most channels did not work and the ac was quite loud sounding like when you first start your car in like 30 second burst or perhaps an old refrigerator that makes the humming noise overall nice and very close to restaurants i will stay here again

Room Tip: I woud recommend a room on the bay side of the hotel as these are quiet but you will have to do the...
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
Newark, New Jersey
Reviewed August 10, 2014

We stayed here for one night because we checked out early ,it was that bad. The first Impression was really nice , the outside of hotel , so I went to check in was given the keys. took the elevator, the room smelled so bad , i called the front desk and she said she can send someone up. The bathroom toliet had mold all around the base. the ceiling was bubbling. So the agent arrived 15 minutes later and says ewh! this is hot and smuggy, the floor appears to have a leak! , i can change your room. Mind you the room change was on the lower floor but, when we got out the elevator we walked around 4 corners to reach the room , we passed 40 doors to get to the elevator. I complained and checked out early the next morning. The second room was not better except it had it had dirty tiles, I sheet had dirt marks on them . so we slept in the other bed. i went to use the iron the next moening . all the setting buttons were broke off, lol . I am done with the DOUBLE TREE BRAND HILTON SHOULD BE ASHAMED OF THEMSELVES.

Room Tip: Do not Stay Here, Take the reviews Seriously as I did Not!
2 Thank Jarelish
Sorry to hear that you had a negative experience with us, I do apologize for the issues you had and wish you safe travels in the future.
Barrie, Canada
Reviewed August 9, 2014

Spent 5 days / nights at this property. First impression - dark and dated: everything seems to be brown and there's very little natural light in public areas. Room was actually good - large size with good desk and comfortable bed. It was clean and everything in my room worked (although a friend had a lot of trouble with his TV). I like the sliding balcony doors that allow fresh air in, but it's noisy. There's a 3 AM garbage pickup so you hear the reversing beeps and loud bangs of trash dumpsters and truck (I was on the 8th floor). The air conditioning in the room was very loud. Normally I wouldn't use it but Miami in August is hot and humid so the AC is a must. This ruined what would have been a good sleep in a good bed.

Elevators were quick although the arrow on the key-card was tiny and barely visible without reading glasses on. It took me a few attempts to realize that a small heart shaped picture on the other end of the card wasn't the arrow - I had been inserting the card upside down because of that. This hotel has no restaurant of its own but is attached to a condo, another hotel and a small shopping mall. Again, the color scheme of it all all was very dark to me, giving a dreary impression. By the end of one day there I was ready to leave and but for meetings in the building, I would have switched to another hotel.

Front desk staff was friendly but obviously not into their work or understaffed. Several calls to the front desk went unanswered, an experience one of my friends also had. The printer in the business center only worked if you used the local computers. The email print facility didn't work at all and error messages on the printer led me to believe it just wasn't working. That didn't change for 3 days.

Overall - not impressed. This place is well past its prime. I think this is my last stay at a Doubletree. It would seem to be Hilton's version of putting an old hotel out to pasture.

Room Tip: The higher the room number the further from the elevator and the noise from outside.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank execjim
Reviewed August 7, 2014

Good location and service. Nice view,clean sheets and bathroom. This is not a new hotel, furnitures were a bit worn and air condition not too quiet . Overall it was good for the money I payed and will probably stay there next time i'm in town.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton