“Great business stay”

Ranked #48 of 122 Hotels in Miami
Kansas City, Missouri
“Great business stay”
Reviewed December 18, 2013

Stayed in December 2013 for 8 days. Really nice condo room with a beautiful view. Housekeeping staff very friendly and helpful. There was a small problem in the room and it was resolved immediately. Concierge folks were really not very knowledgeable or helpful the two times I asked questions. (One of them looked at me like I was crazy for needing to buy stamps - yes, some of us still send cards and need stamps...) The condo room felt like home, not like a hotel room. I loved it. And the balcony was amazing.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (280)
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed December 16, 2013

Our flight was canceled by American Airlines and they booked us in the Double Tree at the last minute at 10pm at night. We were tired and hungry from spending all day in the airports and airplanes with no meals. A large group of people from the canceled flights showed up very late at night from the airport at the last minute and the staff got us booked into the rooms very fast and then got everyone served a really nice dinner quickly with great quality. The room was fantastic, the towels and bed linens were soft and it felt great to finally eat and get some rest. The hotel transported us back to the airport in the morning with all the others, quickly and efficiently. I really appreciated the good service especially with so many people showing up at the same time late at night with only a few minutes warning.
Too bad American airlines can't do as well.

Ahmedabad, India
Reviewed December 15, 2013

I was staying here for a night with some friends. We checked in to the hotel and headed straight to the pool. It was overlooking the bay with great view. Rooms were excellent cannot complain !! Breakfast served was a bit slow but it was good. overall a good experience.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Cape Coral, Florida, United States
Reviewed December 14, 2013

The view from our room was exquisite. Beautiful view of Bay and ships passing through. Night view of city was also beautiful. Would definitely stay there again if given same room. Choices of breakfast included were limited and uninviting. Dinner in restaurant was very good. Was not happy with spending $29 nightly for parking.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Richmond, Virginia
Reviewed December 12, 2013

We chose this hotel for a pre-cruise stay. The location was perfect. I wish I could say the same for the first room. We checked in at 1pm and had a king bay room on the 4th floor just above the canopy where people dispose their cigarettes and empty bear cans from above. Being exhausted from flying since 4am, we attempted to take a quick nap. At 1:30 we were awaken by loud banging and sawing. After 15 minutes I went next door to find out they were renovating the room and tile floors. They did not expect to finish until after 6pm and would start again in the morning at 8am. I went down to the desk to see about getting my room changed, and was told the hotel was full. After asking for the manger she "found a room" but we needed to move as soon as possible so the housekeeping staff could redo the room for someone else!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The pools were also closed for renovations
Once we moved to the new room, the views were spectacular. We could see the cruise ships leaving at 5pm. Also I was very surprised that the breakfast vouchers were not for breakfast in the hotel. It was good for $8/per person in the attached mall? Check out was painless and the bellman was prompt and courteous.

Room Tip: Rooms on high floor with bay view
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank rklrkl
Naples, Florida
Reviewed December 11, 2013

This is truly a beautiful hotel with first class amenities. Our room was very large, overlooking Biscayne Bay with a nice little balcony. It was exactly as described and we were not disappointed.
Do not expect to get an early check in, we arrived early and although they said we might be able to get in our room early, we did not. In fact, at the 3 o'clock check in, there was still about a ten minute delay...I do think that for the price you pay for this facility, they nickel and dime you to death. A $29 per night fee for parking (valet, mandatory) Really, no other option. No internet unless you pay a fee, which, as I remember, was not cheap (we brought our own "hot spot" device.
All in all, it was a very nice stay, gorgeous outdoor pool and a cluster of hot tubs on the 10th floor. I do feel they would be better served, reputation wise, if they would loosen up on their charging extra for things that so many hotels provide at no extra cost.

Room Tip: We were on the 6th floor with a view of the bay and a small balcony. We had two double beds, were t...
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed December 10, 2013

I don't really understand why there are so many positive reviews on here, because the one night I stayed at this hotel was by far the worst hotel stay I've ever had!

This is the first time I have ever written a review on trip advisor, and I'm only doing this so that other people are well informed.

We stayed at the Doubletree Biscayne Bay for the final night of our honeymoon in the USA (early November 2013). We decided to spend a "little bit" more money, in order to have a decent night's sleep before our 24 hours worth of flights home to Australia.

We thought the room was ok, bit dated looking - the balcony was certainly a lot smaller than it had looked in the website photos - you certainly couldn't fit both of you on there. The view of the bay was great.
We noticed a (very small) sign on the desk on check in, saying something about the pool being fixed, but didn't pay much attention to this, as we had no interest in swimming there anyway (the weather was miserable). No staff member made any acknowledgement of this to us.

We discovered when we were first trying to go to sleep that the balcony door did not close properly, and let out a loud and horrifying wailing sound, even when we attempted to stuff it with a face washer. We just turned the air conditioner up higher, and willed that to drown out the sound.
Then in the middle of the night the power went out. So we were unbearably hot, and left with the wailing balcony door. There was absolutely no chance of sleep - and that was further compounded by our neighbour spending what seemed like hours on the phone shouting at reception about the power outage. So.... very thin walls!
So after suffering through all of that, and eventually falling asleep again - we were then rudely awoken early in the morning by the power equipment that was being used to renovate the pool.

So thanks to this horrible hotel, we had to suffer through our 24 hour trip home on top of no sleep.

Not exactly the most romantic end to a honeymoon!

So when we checked out, we told the receptionist that we were very unhappy with our staff. She looked at us vaguely, and said "oh sorry", and then immediately turned to the next customer.
I have never experienced such terrible customer service before!
I am aware that the power outage is out of the control of the hotel, but I really have issue with the pool renovation noises in the morning, and the rudeness of the staff.

My husband is a corporate travel agent, and has made a point of telling all of his colleagues to avoid booking clients, or themselves a stay at this hotel.

We did complain to the hotel directly, and received a refund of 20% from the cost of the room.

Personally, I would have preferred to have known about the pool renovation situation in advance, so that we could have booked elsewhere.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Michelle T
miabs_ds, Director of Sales at Doubletree by Hilton Grand Hotel Biscayne Bay, responded to this review, December 30, 2013
Michelle T, I apologize for all of the issues you had during your stay with us. Regarding the pool being closed, that was a last minute emergency fix that came up and we did put a warning on our website but I'm sure your reservation was made prior to the warning. We are always working to improve and again I apologize for all of the issues you had to deal with during your stay with us. I wish you safe travels in the future.