“nothing special for the price”

Doubletree by Hilton Grand Hotel Biscayne Bay
Ranked #50 of 127 Hotels in Miami
Reviewed October 24, 2013

nothing special for the price, old building and old rooms. the elevator smelled like vomit and I could hear my neighbors partying in the room next to us until 6 am. Stayed at the hotel next door on the same trip, was nicer and less expensive.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed October 23, 2013

I spent 5 days/4 nights at one of the condos and I found the rooms to be very adequate. Beds were very comfortable-staff was friendly and helpful. We had an event there and the food and service was very good.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed October 22, 2013

Stayed here on business so had plans to work in my room. Was noisy outside including a ventilation pipe outside of my room that bellowed thick, black smoke and shook the floor of my room. Slow internet, terrible cable that was pixilated on all channels, unhelpful service, poor location and the famous doubletree chocolate chip cookie was hard and burnt. Would not stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed October 22, 2013

Basically the hotel takes up three floors of a condo building. Good amenities but the bed in our room had such a dip in the middle it was like sleeping on the side of a hill. Not comfortable at all. Parking is $30.00 a day and internet is $10.00 a day. (Who charges for internet anymore!) But that seems to be the philosophy of this hotel. You pay for the privileged of staying there. Nice bay view but it is not on the beach side.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 19, 2013

This is the second time me and wife had stayed at this hotel. The first time we were staying here the day before our wedding. We had an issue with the rooms air conditioning not working. Two years later, last week, we stayed here again. I wouldn't have booked this place, but my wife did. Our room was almost constantly at 80 degrees and would not come down. We reported the issue and they "fixed" the issue although it crept back up to 80 at night and was very uncomfortable to sleep. There is a Marriott right next door and they have a much better facility!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed October 18, 2013

Great weekend - room very comfortable and the food and wedding was great - also being with our great friends and bride and groom are so wonderful, we had a wonderful time. The families were so warm and loving.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 18, 2013

I've just returned from the US, where my company booked me this hotel for 5 nights. The location of the hotel is a very nice one - right next to the Marina and it offers amazing views. However, this is the only thing I linked about it. I arrived at the hotel extremely early on a Friday morning (8.am) after a very long flight and it took them another 2 hours and a half to accommodate me. Although I know check-in was supposed to start at 3 pm, other arriving guests were being checked-in immediately, because they were members of the HHonors club. When I finally got a room, I was surprised to see the shabby looking furniture, the "labyrinth" like hallways and most of all...my terrace door was locked shut with the help of a stick as the actual lock wasn't working. The amenities are really poor: you have to pay for internet 9.99$/24h for each device (I had a laptop and a phone),there was no breakfast included in the price of the room and there's no mini bar. Again, I wasn't expecting such poor quality service from Hilton, since in Europe they have a great reputation. Another advice I would give for the staff - smile to your guests :). For travelers - the Marriott is right next door, great facility and services and the price difference is small.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
miabs_ds, Director of Sales at Doubletree by Hilton Grand Hotel Biscayne Bay, responded to this reviewResponded December 30, 2013

Brindusa83, I apologize for the issues you had during your stay with us. We take our guests issues very seriously and are always working to improve. Again, I apologize for everything and wish you safe travels in the future.