“Great location and value”

Doubletree by Hilton Grand Hotel Biscayne Bay
Ranked #51 of 123 Hotels in Miami
fair lawn, United States
“Great location and value”
Reviewed August 12, 2013

hotel staff vas very accomodating, from the valet to room service. restaurants, shops and attractions very close to hotel. Pool is large, and hotel very clean. The bay view room was a bit of a walk from the elevator, but overall I was very satisfied with my stay and will stay in his hotel again

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

miabs_ds, Director of Sales at Doubletree by Hilton Grand Hotel Biscayne Bay, responded to this review, October 15, 2013
Jacob S, glad to hear that you found our staff helpful and accommodating. Thank you as well for choosing to stay with us and for taking the time to post a review. We do hope that you'll choose to stay with us for your next trip to Miami.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (287)
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
Houston, Texas
Reviewed August 11, 2013 via mobile

Upscale presentation outside didn't really match the room's condition of the furniture and amenities. Concierge weren't too helpful..they didnt really listen to my questions before offering suggestions. The balcony was intimate with a nice view of the bay.The beds!!!! I never wanted to get up. Great stay overall, definitely recommended.

• Stayed July 2013
Kvince08, thank you for taking the time to review your stay and more importantly choosing to stay with us. Glad to hear that you enjoyed your DoubleTree bed and hope that you enjoyed the rest of your time in Miami.
St. Louis, United States
Reviewed August 11, 2013

I was at the Double Tree for just one night on business but I was upgraded to a condo that was part of the hotel. It was amazing!!! Water view was awesome! Everything in the 3 bedroom/ 2 full bath condo was top of the line!!! Kitchen was also a dream! The only thing that went a little wrong was that when I went into the master bath a light bulb blew and released a vapor! This made me nervous because you hear of some bulbs containing mercury! The burning smell remained in the bathroom so I just didnt use that bathroom which was a shame because it was spa-like! Overall the BEST upgrade I've ever received as a Diamond Hilton member- So thanks!!!!!!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Shantia S, thank you for choosing to stay with us and for being a Hilton Honors Diamond member. Very glad to hear that you enjoyed your upgrade for your brief stay with us. We do hope that you'll choose to stay with us next time you're back in Miami and hopefully be able to spend more than one night with us.
Reviewed August 10, 2013

My boyfriend and I are traveling for the month of August and we always stay in Hilton's. We were so excited to get to Miami and stay at Biscayne Bay. When we arrived it was nothing like what we expected. First off, the pictures they show on their website are NOTHING like the real thing. We rented a condo suite for the week and when we arrived in the room it was disgusting. Everything was so outdated and they had used the cheapest quality furniture, cabinets, fixtures etc. the worst part was the smell coming from the vents. It was musty/mildewy. We immediately asked to be moved to a better room. This is something we have never done. In fact in general we never have a single complaint against any Hilton hotel so to be put into this situation was shocking to us. The girl that came up and put us in another room was rude and you could tell she couldn't care less. When I tried to explain our feelings all I got was a blank stare! The second room wasnt much better, the fixtures were updated but it was still disgusting. We tried to find a different hotel for the week but was unsuccessful at last minute. We were stuck! The shower was moldy, the couch had stains on it. I don't even want to know from what. The balcony looked like it had never been cleaned. The musty smell was in the second room too, it was so bad that it made us sick. Sore throat and sinus issues. Who deserves to pay for a room that makes you sick?! We love Hilton and unfortunately they really let us down this time. I would advise them to be more honest about the quality you're receiving when you'd step into Doubletree Biscayne Bay because we were extremely disappointed.

• Stayed August 2013
4 Thank vlmcclintock
vlmcclintock, I'm sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your stay with us but thank you for taking the time to review the hotel. The condos in our hotel program are all individually owned and decorated so each one has its own decor and furniture. We are working with individual owners to upgrade and revise their condo units where we feel need the most work. I do apologize for the inconvenience and wish you safe travels in the future.
Upper Marlboro, United States
Reviewed August 9, 2013

We had an amazing vacation, thanks to the staff at Doubletree. They catered to our every need, the staff was friendly, prompt, knowledgeable. My only concern is that when you call ahead and ask for early check in and you arrived and your room is not ready, their should be some king of accommodations. Other than that, great time.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Pamela W, very happy to hear that you had a wonderful vacation and enjoyed your stay with us. Regarding an early check in, we often hear that issue arise. Unfortunately early check ins are something that we can never guarantee will be available just due to sometimes being sold out, rooms extending or guests checking out late and then not having appropriate time for our housekeeping staff to clean them. I do hope that you will choose to stay with us again for your next trip to Miami.
Kentucky
Reviewed August 8, 2013

I travel with my mother and brother (we're all adults) and we find it difficult to find a hotel where we can room together without being right on top of each other. The condos at the Double Tree Grand fit the bill! HUGE BALCONIES.

Stayed here initially for 3 nights pre-cruise at Christmastime and the condo was spacious and the furnishings were new but the walls could have used a coat of paint, the kitchen showed wear and tear and the washing machine leaked. Too, though we were on a higher floor we could hear the music from the pool which played until midnight and started again at 6:00 a.m.

Despite these minor issues, we stayed there again for one night pre-cruise on 7/31. The condo we had was VERY different than the last! Newly remodeled and exceptional. I could have (and really wanted to) live there. When making the reservation I asked for a condo that was not overlooking the pool and they honored the request. We were on the 35th floor. (I have photos that I will try to add at a later date.) Did I mention I want the sinks in the bathroom?

The rate is excellent and I will always, always, always stay here when I sail from Miami on a cruise or perhaps for just a long weekend in Miami.

The Double Tree complex is connected to shopping and restaurants. I highly recommend Primo's Italian. Had the hotel room service deliver a fruit plate one morning and it was gigantic and reasonably priced. Lots of fresh mango.

It was a $30 taxi ride from Miami's airport and usually about $20 to get to the cruise port. For those who may be considering this or a longer stay, there is a Publix grocery store no more than 2 blocks away and the free downtown Miami trolley stops directly in front of the hotel.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
miabs_ds, Director of Sales at Doubletree by Hilton Grand Hotel Biscayne Bay, responded to this review, October 14, 2013
MelissaJurgensen, thank you for your review of the hotel and for choosing to stay with us. I'm happy to hear that your return stay with was even better than your initial stay. Glad to hear that you and your family were able to enjoy one of the larger condos before your cruise out of the Miami. Looking forward to having you and your family back with us soon.
Lubbock, United States
Reviewed August 7, 2013

My family and I stayed one night at the Double Tree and were extremely satisfied. The rooms were spacious and comfortable. We had a great view of the bay. The front hotel staff were very friendly. My only complaint is the $29 valet service. It took them awhile to get our vehicle. Other than that everything was great.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Vanessa B, thank you for choosing to stay with us and for writing a review of your stay. I'm glad to hear that you were satisfied with your stay. I do apologize for the delay you experienced with valet retrieving your vehicle. We're always striving to improve our service so thank you again for your comments and we hope to have you back with us soon.