“My go to place in Miami!”

Doubletree by Hilton Grand Hotel Biscayne Bay
Ranked #51 of 122 Hotels in Miami
Kentucky
“My go to place in Miami!”
Reviewed August 8, 2013

I travel with my mother and brother (we're all adults) and we find it difficult to find a hotel where we can room together without being right on top of each other. The condos at the Double Tree Grand fit the bill! HUGE BALCONIES.

Stayed here initially for 3 nights pre-cruise at Christmastime and the condo was spacious and the furnishings were new but the walls could have used a coat of paint, the kitchen showed wear and tear and the washing machine leaked. Too, though we were on a higher floor we could hear the music from the pool which played until midnight and started again at 6:00 a.m.

Despite these minor issues, we stayed there again for one night pre-cruise on 7/31. The condo we had was VERY different than the last! Newly remodeled and exceptional. I could have (and really wanted to) live there. When making the reservation I asked for a condo that was not overlooking the pool and they honored the request. We were on the 35th floor. (I have photos that I will try to add at a later date.) Did I mention I want the sinks in the bathroom?

The rate is excellent and I will always, always, always stay here when I sail from Miami on a cruise or perhaps for just a long weekend in Miami.

The Double Tree complex is connected to shopping and restaurants. I highly recommend Primo's Italian. Had the hotel room service deliver a fruit plate one morning and it was gigantic and reasonably priced. Lots of fresh mango.

It was a $30 taxi ride from Miami's airport and usually about $20 to get to the cruise port. For those who may be considering this or a longer stay, there is a Publix grocery store no more than 2 blocks away and the free downtown Miami trolley stops directly in front of the hotel.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
miabs_ds, Director of Sales at Doubletree by Hilton Grand Hotel Biscayne Bay, responded to this review, October 14, 2013
MelissaJurgensen, thank you for your review of the hotel and for choosing to stay with us. I'm happy to hear that your return stay with was even better than your initial stay. Glad to hear that you and your family were able to enjoy one of the larger condos before your cruise out of the Miami. Looking forward to having you and your family back with us soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (282)
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
Lubbock, United States
Reviewed August 7, 2013

My family and I stayed one night at the Double Tree and were extremely satisfied. The rooms were spacious and comfortable. We had a great view of the bay. The front hotel staff were very friendly. My only complaint is the $29 valet service. It took them awhile to get our vehicle. Other than that everything was great.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Vanessa B, thank you for choosing to stay with us and for writing a review of your stay. I'm glad to hear that you were satisfied with your stay. I do apologize for the delay you experienced with valet retrieving your vehicle. We're always striving to improve our service so thank you again for your comments and we hope to have you back with us soon.
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed August 5, 2013

I chose to write this review because I don't want anyone else to be as disappointed as I was and I wish I had given more attention to the negative reviews. After four years of law school and taking the stressful bar exam, I booked a condo at this hotel to celebrate with friends and family. The hallways smell like stale cigarette smoke and dog urine. The mattress in the second bedroom was lopsided and uncomfortable. When I complained, the clerk indicated the bedding was up to "Hilton standard." Housekeeping was AWFUL! I called at nearly 5:00 pm to ask why our room was not cleaned and if they could clean at least the bathrooms and bring fresh towels. The housekeepers showed up with no towels but plenty of unhappy attitudes. Due to limited space, I will list everything else and post pics: dirty old fixtures, permanently stained tub, rust/dirt behind toilet, dirty dusty vent, hole in ceiling, and the list goes on. By the way, I complained to management and the excuse was that "This hotel is over 30 years old." Please spend your money wisely -- NOT HERE! There is NOTHING "Grand" about this hotel!

Room Tip: You can get the same view at a better, cleaner hotel. If you want luxury, cleanliness and good servi...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank Lawlady1
Lawlady1, thank you for taking your time to post a review of your stay with us. I'm sorry to hear that you didnt enjoy your stay with us and were not happy with your condo. We're always striving to improve our hotel rooms and condos so I do apologize that you were not happy with your accommodations. We do hope that you'll come back and give us another chance to rectify your last experience with us.
Houston, Texas
Reviewed August 4, 2013

We stayed 3 nights, and we really had a good time there. The staff was friendly is a nice hotel in a good location with a nice service. very good housekeeping and security, the all family was so comfortable in our room and we decided stay one more night. our room had a nice view ,comfortables beds, nice furnitures everything was perfect no complaints at all we will defenitly coming back in our next stop in miami

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

soniaperez2013, thank you for choosing to stay with us and for your review of your stay. Very happy to hear that you and your family enjoyed your time with us and found our staff very helpful. Looking forward to having you all back with us again in the future.
Erie, United States
Reviewed July 31, 2013

Traveling on business with my wife. The environment offered her a safe haven while I was working. The pool was an excellent retreat and the restaurants are close for a quick snack. The view of the bay was relaxing after a long day on the road.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Timothy S, very happy to hear that your wife was able to enjoy her time with us during your stay/business trip. Thank you as well for taking the time to review your stay and for choosing to stay with us. We hope that you'll choose to come back for your next trip to Miami.
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed July 31, 2013

What a great place to stay in the Miami area! What a surprise when our room was upgraded without even asking! The room was fantastic with a wonderful view of the bay and downtown Miami! we felt like royalty! The room(s) were clean and spacious. The Hotel was very secure, with many nice places to dine and shop. It had everything we needed and more! great place!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thank you for your kind remarks and for taking the time to reivew your stay. I'm happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and we're happy about the upgraded room type you stayed in. We hope that you'll choose to stay with us again for your next visit to Miami.
Miramar, United States
Reviewed July 26, 2013

The room was nice the bayview was excellent, but the water in room should be complimentary and the coffee brand could be better. The cooling system in hallways and lobby was not working very hot. The staff was great parking was great bedding was great bathrooms were great. Very nice hotel the onsite shopping facilities restaurants salons and shops was great.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Kanya H, thank you for choosing to stay with us and for taking the time to write a review of your stay with us. I hope that you enjoyed your stay and appreciate your comments regarding our staff. Thank you again and we hope to have you back with us soon.