“Great Locatioan”

Ranked #50 of 122 Hotels in Miami
Indian Wells, California
“Great Locatioan”
Reviewed February 2, 2013

I stayed here a few months ago.. with family... the concierge at the property is very helpful.... during the day or late in the evenings, they are always there to help you.. very clean hotel.. front desk staff is very helpful... management staff is always available.....

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
miabs_ds, Director of Sales at Doubletree by Hilton Grand Hotel Biscayne Bay, responded to this review, February 28, 2013
honda11, thank you for your review of the hotel and for staying with us. Thank you for your kind words regarding the staff as we strive to make everyone's stay with us as pleasant as possible. We hope that you'll choose to stay with us again the next time you're in Miami.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (282)
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed February 1, 2013

I stayed here for business a trip several months ago; I originally booked a room here because of the price and location (close to the project we were working on). I honestly could not have asked for more. I didn't spend much time in the hotel since this was a business trip, but the time I did spend there was relaxing and enjoyable. My room had a fantastic view and was immaculate every time I returned from an outing. The staff was hospitable and made my stay that much better. Overall I am satisfied with my stay here.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Cin4151, thank you for choosing to stay with us for your business trip to Miami. I'm glad to hear the little time you spent not working and at the hotel was enjoyable. Its always nice to hear that you were able to relax during your down time with us, thank you for your review and we hope to have you back with us in the future.
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed January 29, 2013

The rooms were great in this hotel. The beds were really nice and the room and bathroom were large. The only complaint was the noise. We had a view of the marina and South Beach that was gorgeous but the room was also above a party/reception area of the hotel restaurant and the noise was so loud we could hear it on the 10th floor. The location was ok for being near the port but there was not much around. We spend a lot of money on cabs to get South Beach and other locations for restaurants etc.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Coco H, I'm glad to hear that you liked your room and enjoyed the view. I apologize for the excessive noise that you overheard. There is complimentary transportation provided by the city by way of the new trolley that has a stop located outside of the hotel. It doesnt go to the south beach area but other areas such as downtown and mary brickell village. Hope that you come back and stay with us so you can try it yourself.
Dallas
Reviewed January 29, 2013

I had a chance to travel here in early 2012. This was an absolutely last minute trip and I had very little choice. I booked it and did not regret it.

The hotel room sizes were just about average, but when you opened the window, you could smell the ocean. ( although it is a bay, you can see the ocean) There are a lot of places to eat in the hotel, as this is part of a condo/high rise next door. There is a small little grocery store downstairs, so you can get things. Dining was average in the hotel, but who wants to eat in a hotel when Miami beach and little Habana are a short cab ride away?

I used the weight room (which is part of their Spa area, and it seemed like it was an old building/facility.

I'd stay here again if the price is right.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Cardhuneat, thank you for staying with us and for your review as well. I'm very happy that you enjoyed your stay and were able to experience a little of the building and Miami the city was well. We hope that you choose to stay with us again during your next trip to Miami.
Bartlesville, Oklahoma
Reviewed January 28, 2013 via mobile

Our room was beautiful and had a great view of the bay. It was very comfortable and we enjoyed our balcony but the cooking smells coming up from the restaurant can get a little over powering. The housekeeping staff wss very nice especially Joize the supervisor. She really seems to care about the guests. The front desk staff at checkin seemed unconnected and seemed as if they could care less about us being there. Overall, this Doubletree isn't of the same quality as most of their properties. The hotel only consists of a few floors in a building of condos and businesses.

• Stayed January 2013
Tlsenn, thank you for your comments and review of your stay with us. I'm happy to hear that you enjoyed your room but I'm sorry to hear that you were not pleased with the front desk staff service. I'll admit we are a different type of building with the condo component but again, I'm sorry for what you felt was not attentive service.
Palm City, Florida
Reviewed January 28, 2013

I usually stay at a Hilton brand every at opportunity for overall good quality. I booked two rooms here (celebrating my g/f birthday weekend along with her parents who flew down from Canada). I was to pay a whopping $299.86 per night to get a "bay view" room with double wall windows/sliders for a panoramic view. When I called to get the 2nd room, they lowered the rate for both rooms to $244.79. I was assured that the room style would not change and asked yet again and was assured the room did not change (you already know where this is headed). So, when I checked in ... GUESS WHAT? Yup, it was not available and I was told they were overbooked but they UPGRADED me to a "partial bay-view" condo. WHAT????? I was done arguing and not going to make a big scene so I asked for the name of the GM (Robert Laela) and will be contacting him later today to convey my deep displeasure. I did not take their so called upgrade and stayed in the small basic bay-view room which was "ok".

The room was small but the view was nice outside on the balcony. I think they bed needed to be replaced as the center was starting to sag and not as comfortable as I would have liked. They have 5 restaurants and we tried 3 and liked them very well. Casablanca was exceptionally good and the service/bar service was excellent. Whether or not I'll go back will depend upon the response I get from the GM.

Room Tip: Try to stay in the larger rooms with the double glass wall/double balconies, like I had wanted to bu...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Gwopilot, thank you for your response. I'm glad we actually got to speak about this issue that you encountered. After confirming with my front office manager after she received copies of your reservation confirmations, you were interested in booking our Grand Suites but upon further review had booked a bayview room. While both are upgraded room types, only the Grand Suite has the double balcony that you wanted to have. Sorry for the confusion but hope that your next stay with us will be error free. Safe travels in the future.
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed January 26, 2013

Hotel was a good choice. Better than the 3 * than it is rated. We were there the first week-end in Jan 2013. Staff was very friendly when we checked in. Cookies were as good as usual and they also gave them to us other nights as well. It was a welcome treat when returning from dinner. Room was larger and nicer than I thought we were going to get. We had a partial waterview that looked over the Bay to Miami/South Beach. That was nice. Only downside was the sliding glass door to the "balcony". When you opened the sliding glass door, you can walk out to a shared "balcony" or walkway with the whole rest of the floor! Little scarey, at first that someone cold be walking by your door. We never saw anyone do that tho. What prevented anyone walking there was this empty planter box looking thing that also extended the length of the floor/wing. It was dirty. They really should fix that up because it would really make a difference. I would stay here again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
smcchick25, thank you for your review of the hotel and for staying with us. Glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and regarding your comments about the balcony. We have just completed a project in which the planters have been removed and dividers put up between each of the rooms. We hope that you'll come back to check them out soon!