“Depends on what you are there for”

Doubletree by Hilton Grand Hotel Biscayne Bay
Ranked #50 of 125 Hotels in Miami
Reviewed January 13, 2013

Good location for arena, Adrienne Arshe Center, Bayside shopping, and port. Easy access to causeway to Miami Beach. We had a view of Biscayne Bay.
Room and bed were fine. Clean. Expensive area to stay in.
Hotel dining not so great.
Hotel is part of a complex with an apt. Bldg. Concierges were very helpful.
Altogether it was fine but should be for the price.

• Stayed: January 2013
2  Thank natalie8381
miabs_ds, Director of Sales at Doubletree by Hilton Grand Hotel Biscayne Bay, responded to this reviewResponded January 21, 2013

natalie8381, thank you for taking the time to review the hotel and for choosing to stay with us. I hope you enjoyed your time and will choose to stay with us again next time you're in Miami.

Reviewed January 11, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for seminar this weekend. The AC in out first room didn't work. They immediately moved us and upgraded to a port view room with a large open shower at no additional cost. Security brought us new keys. Took them all of 10 minuets. Great friendly service throughout entire hotel. Hotel connected to a small shopping area for economical snacks, lunches and breakfast. Primos is best resturant.

Negatives: no free shuttle from airport. Parking 30.00 a day. Lots of walking to get around hotel. Meeting rooms were ice cold.

Positives: one most comfortable beds I've ever slept in. Nice view. Lunch at hotel with seminar was exceptional. Trolley to mall close by for shopping. Choclate cookies upon arrival. Large room.

If at all possible fly into fort Lauderdale. Miami International is one big pain in the rear. You will need an hour almost to return rental car and walk to your terminal. That's before you check in and go through security.

Nice hotel for a seminar but I don't care for the traffic and so many people in one place. I much prefer the Gulf.

• Stayed: January 2013
3  Thank scott1102

scott1102, thank you for your comments regarding the great service you received. Always nice to hear that, also glad to hear that you enjoyed your room. Thank you again for staying with us and for your comments about the hotel and staff. Safe travels in the future!

Reviewed January 11, 2013

We were fortunate to have booked a large suite with a bay view so our room was huge if a little dated. The view was amazing. The hotel itself is in need of renovation and is shabby in areas. The rooftop pool is very nice. We ate in the little Italian restaurant below which was very good. Also the free trolley bus stops outside the hotel and was very good

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Donna0209

Donna0209, thank you for choosing to stay with us and for your review. I'm happy to hear that you enjoyed your bayview room and thank you for your comments as well. We are going to be replacing the carpeting in the majority of the hotel rooms that have not received it as well as replacing some of the decor in the rooms. Hopefully you'll be able to come back and experience it once we are finished with everything.

Reviewed January 10, 2013

I am a Hilton Diamond member and recently had the displeasure of staying here. A total rip-off for $235/night. The rooms are small. The counters in the bathrooms are designed for very short people. I had to bend down to reach my toiletries. The fan speed on the air conditioning cannot be adjusted. It only works on a high speed in auto mode. When it is on it blows on you in bed. When I checked in the room light and a lamp didn't work. Housekeeping didn't leave shampoo in the bathroom. The hallways need to fixed up. The paint is scrapped in many places and there are many patches on the wallpaper.

I left my business card with the front desk and asked the manager to call me. He has not had the courtesy to do so. I moved to the Hilton across the street for my second night in Miami. It is a far better choice.

Room Tip: Stay at another hotel.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank ctlakehouse

ctlakehouse, thank you for being a HHonors Diamond member and I'm sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your stay with us. We are going to replace the wallpaper in the hallways as it has taken quite a beating over the past few years. Again, I'm sorry to hear that you did not enjoy yourself but thank you for your comments as we are always striving to improve our hotel product and service.

Reviewed January 10, 2013

Stayed recently in Miami for the BCS, had a reservation at the Hilton, but after reading the reviews at the Doubletree, decided to switch reservation. As a Diamond member was upgraded to a two bedroom with 2 and a half bathrooms, kitchen fully equipped, dining and living all in a corner with down to ceiling glass with a beautiful of Biscayne bay. Downstairs you have restaurants, bar and even a mini market with everything you need and if you want to shop for groceries, you have a Publix two blocks from the hotel!

Room Tip: do not stay in room 3657, the have coin operated washers and dryers that are loud at night.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank MiaMobile

MiaMobile, thank you for being a HHonors Diamond Member and for choosing to stay with us for your trip to Miami. Very happy to hear that you enjoyed your condo and hope that you enjoyed the BCS game, we hope that you'll choose to stay with us again.

Reviewed January 5, 2013

I didnt expect terrific service after the first phone call to them took 15 rings before someone answered. The answers to my questions needed to be prodded out of them, rather than answered quickly and expanded. BUT>>>

We had a very nice 2 bedroom condo with a living room, dining room and full kitchen, 2 full baths. TVs in the Bedrooms were old, but there was a plasma in the living room. Overlooking the bay and park, unit 4136. Clean, contained all of the amenities. Close to a park that has 2 public tennis courts ( that were empty most of the time), 2 sand volleyball courts and a basektball court. The building is VERY pet friendly and the restaurant was pretty good too. Overall a very pleasant experience, I'd return again, but anticipate so so service.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Phil M

Phil M, thank you for staying with us and for your review of the hotel. I'm very sorry to hear about the service issue you experienced during your stay with us. I've mentioned this to my front office manager about the number of rings before your call was answered. Again I apologize for this but I'm glad to hear that you did enjoy the condo you stayed in while with us. We hope to have you back with us soon.

Reviewed January 1, 2013

Stayed here for a few days over Xmas and went to a Heat game with the 2 boys. It is a perfect location to see a game and the 2 bedroom suite was spacious and luxurious. We left one of my son's iPad behind which was found by the housekeeping department. I want to single out Mariano who arranged a FedEx of the item back to me. The honesty and. Integrity of the staff only enhanced the visit. Sobe is only a short cab ride away and the facilities were outstanding. I would definitely return. Wonderful spot and views

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Johnnyboyz

Johnnyboyz, thank you for your comments regarding Mariano and the rest of our staff. I'm so glad to hear Mariano was able to assist you in getting your son's iPad back to you after leaving it behind. Thank you again for choosing to stay with us and we hope to have you back soon!