Doubletree by Hilton Grand Hotel Biscayne Bay
Ranked #49 of 124 Hotels in Miami
Reviewed January 11, 2013

We were fortunate to have booked a large suite with a bay view so our room was huge if a little dated. The view was amazing. The hotel itself is in need of renovation and is shabby in areas. The rooftop pool is very nice. We ate in the little Italian restaurant below which was very good. Also the free trolley bus stops outside the hotel and was very good

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Donna0209
miabs_ds, Director of Sales at Doubletree by Hilton Grand Hotel Biscayne Bay, responded to this reviewResponded January 21, 2013

Donna0209, thank you for choosing to stay with us and for your review. I'm happy to hear that you enjoyed your bayview room and thank you for your comments as well. We are going to be replacing the carpeting in the majority of the hotel rooms that have not received it as well as replacing some of the decor in the rooms. Hopefully you'll be able to come back and experience it once we are finished with everything.

There are newer reviews for Doubletree by Hilton Grand Hotel Biscayne Bay

Reviewed January 10, 2013

I am a Hilton Diamond member and recently had the displeasure of staying here. A total rip-off for $235/night. The rooms are small. The counters in the bathrooms are designed for very short people. I had to bend down to reach my toiletries. The fan speed on the air conditioning cannot be adjusted. It only works on a high speed in auto mode. When it is on it blows on you in bed. When I checked in the room light and a lamp didn't work. Housekeeping didn't leave shampoo in the bathroom. The hallways need to fixed up. The paint is scrapped in many places and there are many patches on the wallpaper.

I left my business card with the front desk and asked the manager to call me. He has not had the courtesy to do so. I moved to the Hilton across the street for my second night in Miami. It is a far better choice.

Room Tip: Stay at another hotel.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank ctlakehouse

ctlakehouse, thank you for being a HHonors Diamond member and I'm sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your stay with us. We are going to replace the wallpaper in the hallways as it has taken quite a beating over the past few years. Again, I'm sorry to hear that you did not enjoy yourself but thank you for your comments as we are always striving to improve our hotel product and service.

Reviewed January 10, 2013

Stayed recently in Miami for the BCS, had a reservation at the Hilton, but after reading the reviews at the Doubletree, decided to switch reservation. As a Diamond member was upgraded to a two bedroom with 2 and a half bathrooms, kitchen fully equipped, dining and living all in a corner with down to ceiling glass with a beautiful of Biscayne bay. Downstairs you have restaurants, bar and even a mini market with everything you need and if you want to shop for groceries, you have a Publix two blocks from the hotel!

Room Tip: do not stay in room 3657, the have coin operated washers and dryers that are loud at night.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank MiaMobile

MiaMobile, thank you for being a HHonors Diamond Member and for choosing to stay with us for your trip to Miami. Very happy to hear that you enjoyed your condo and hope that you enjoyed the BCS game, we hope that you'll choose to stay with us again.

Reviewed January 5, 2013

I didnt expect terrific service after the first phone call to them took 15 rings before someone answered. The answers to my questions needed to be prodded out of them, rather than answered quickly and expanded. BUT>>>

We had a very nice 2 bedroom condo with a living room, dining room and full kitchen, 2 full baths. TVs in the Bedrooms were old, but there was a plasma in the living room. Overlooking the bay and park, unit 4136. Clean, contained all of the amenities. Close to a park that has 2 public tennis courts ( that were empty most of the time), 2 sand volleyball courts and a basektball court. The building is VERY pet friendly and the restaurant was pretty good too. Overall a very pleasant experience, I'd return again, but anticipate so so service.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Phil M

Phil M, thank you for staying with us and for your review of the hotel. I'm very sorry to hear about the service issue you experienced during your stay with us. I've mentioned this to my front office manager about the number of rings before your call was answered. Again I apologize for this but I'm glad to hear that you did enjoy the condo you stayed in while with us. We hope to have you back with us soon.

Reviewed January 1, 2013

Stayed here for a few days over Xmas and went to a Heat game with the 2 boys. It is a perfect location to see a game and the 2 bedroom suite was spacious and luxurious. We left one of my son's iPad behind which was found by the housekeeping department. I want to single out Mariano who arranged a FedEx of the item back to me. The honesty and. Integrity of the staff only enhanced the visit. Sobe is only a short cab ride away and the facilities were outstanding. I would definitely return. Wonderful spot and views

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Johnnyboyz

Johnnyboyz, thank you for your comments regarding Mariano and the rest of our staff. I'm so glad to hear Mariano was able to assist you in getting your son's iPad back to you after leaving it behind. Thank you again for choosing to stay with us and we hope to have you back soon!

Reviewed December 30, 2012

Our room on the 9th floor was nice....not the view, but the bed was great. Shower, towels...very nice. The carpet needs to be replaced quickly. The room had a big flat screen TV and the room looked updated (except the carpet). The pool and 4 large jacuzzi/hot tubs were the best! I didnt care for the fact that this hotel is connected to a condo that is primairly made up of older couples who walked their little dogs all of the time. The hotel is in a quiet area...you needed to take a cab, bus or free trolley to see the sights. All of the people who worked there were very nice. The area is very multicultural...people were very helpful and full of ideas on the best places to go to. There is a great little sushi place next to this hotel...open til 3am. GREAT food! Ate there 3 nights in a row! The A/C was loud and woke us up a few times each night. 2 days the ice maker on our floor did not work. We did have a coffee maker (Wolfgang Puck) and fridge in our room. Would of liked a microwave. The view was bad. I like to be able to open windows and let fresh air in...they were doing some type of construction...we looked at old balcolny with old planters.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Kimberly574

Kimberly574, thank you for choosing to stay with us and for your review of the hotel. I apologize for the loudness of the a/c in your room, I hope it did not disturb your stay with us too much. Regarding the opening of windows in the rooms, we are almost done with a renovation project to provide accessible balconies to most of our deluxe room types. Hopefully you will stay with us again so you can experience this for yourself.

Reviewed December 27, 2012

This place was the cat's pajamas. I'm not sure what the hotel proper was like, but we booked a two-room suite and ended up with a magnificent penthouse apartment overlooking Biscayne Bay. Two huge bedrooms, three bathrooms, a fully-equipped kitchen, enormous sitting room and two big balconies where you could sit out and eat - all on the 41st floor. We had an amazing time.

Internet is free in the apartments and the lobby and works really well. And you can use the large pool and fully-equipped gym too. The apartments appear to be in the residential block adjoining the rest of the hotel. There's also a shopping plaza right there and a stylish Italian restaurant. (And there's a big Publix supermarket across the street too.)

Staff were really friendly and everything was perfect. It was more than I'd usually pay for a hotel, but definitely worth every cent.

Room Tip: Pick the two-room suite and ask if you can get the penthouse!
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank monicaiguy

monicaiguy, thank you for staying with us and I'm glad to hear you enjoyed the 2 bedroom condo you stayed in while with us. Thank you as well for your comments regarding our staff, we take pride in doing a great job so its nice to hear that. Hope that you'll choose to stay with us again.