“Nice, would stay again”

Doubletree by Hilton Grand Hotel Biscayne Bay
Ranked #50 of 127 Hotels in Miami
Reviewed November 23, 2012

Stayed here the night before a cruise to the Bahamas. It was a nice hotel, just not much in the immediate area for food/bars, except the hotel itself.

The only complaint is with the Valet stewards. They had a bad attitude, and all but demanded that we use valet for parking (which, apparently it is a valet only hotel). That is fine, but there is no need to get snappy with guests, who are JUST arriving. Bad way to start off with a guest's first impression.

After we were finally able to find a parking area where we could park ourselves (car full of expensive dive equipment, valet was not an option), the room was very nicely done, and was a great value for the price paid.

Would come back, hoping the valet staff will be nicer next time. Was a short stay, but the room was A+

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Travelbug478
miabs_ds, Director of Sales at Doubletree by Hilton Grand Hotel Biscayne Bay, responded to this reviewResponded November 26, 2012

Travelbug478, thank you for choosing to stay with us and for your review of the hotel. I've informed my GM about your experience with the valet staff. He is going to speak with the manager of the valet company. I do apologize for your experience with the staff but thank you again for your comments regarding the hotel rooms and we hope to have you back in the future.

Reviewed November 22, 2012

Great property, management went out of their way to make sure the room was perfect. Housekeeping staff was great although they did clean our room pretty late in the evening. Upgraded to the 3bedroom condo with a beautiful view will defently stay here again when in Miami again!

Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Dwoody83

Dwoody83, thank you for your comments regarding our staff. Very happy to hear that you enjoyed yourself and were happy with the condo for your reservation. Looking forward to having you with us again.

Reviewed November 22, 2012

What a relief after the nightmare of Miami International Airport! Check-in smooth and efficient. Bell service got my suitcase up to my room very quickly and apologised for the delay (what delay)? I'd booked a King Bed room, without realising I would actually get a large junior suite. Luxury, especially for a solo holidaymaker. Good view of marina, everything clean and functioning properly. A very comfortable bed, too.

I must mention the ladies at the concierge desk. I wanted to see wild manatees, and they came up with a number of suggestions. As it was getting late in the afternoon, I just went to the marina in the hope of seeing some, but no luck. On coming past the desk after doing some shopping and having a meal, one of the ladies called me and asked if I had seen any manatees. On my negative response, she told me about an area where I would likely have better luck. She proceeded to give me detailed instructions on getting there, and wrote it all down as well. Unfortunately my day trip the following day didn't get me back on time and I was flying out the next morning. I have kept the instructions for my next visit, as I will surely stay at this hotel again.

All in all, a wonderful experience at this hotel. Thank you to all the excellent staff concerned.

Management - if you can find out who the wonderful lady at the concierge desk is, please give her a special thank you from me and a big raise! (The evening in question was 19th November)

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a balcony and marina/bay view.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank greenwichsteve

greenwichsteve, thank you for your kind words regarding our staff and of course for choosing to stay with us. I'm glad to hear that your trip improved after you got to the hotel. Very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and will be back again.

Reviewed November 14, 2012

Hotel rooms are cool and modern. I recommend the Private Condos which have expectacular views of Bizcayne Bay.

Hotel personnel are great. Just be more cautious with the cleaning of the sliding doors of the balconies. Is my only recommendation to them.

• Stayed: November 2012
1  Thank JimmMPR

JimmMPR, thank you for choosing to stay with us and for your review. Glad to hear that you were able to enjoy one of our condos for your stay and hope that you will choose to stay with us again next time you're in Miami.

Reviewed November 10, 2012

Staff was very nice and bed was very comfortable. There was entertainment by the pool and always something going on. Food was excellent in the Italian restaurant off the lobby as well. Would stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Nursesuziern
Reviewed November 8, 2012

I stayed here for a three day seminar that was held at the hotel. Check in was smooth, room was well appointed, well maintained and comfortable.

As other reviewers have mentioned, only four floors of the building are for the hotel. The rest of the property is residential.

Wifi was free and strong and valet parking was $18 a day rather than the posted $29. Not sure if this was due to an arrangement with the seminar provider or not.

Visited one restaurant in the hotel. Typical hotel restaurant, but the bar is outstanding. The "mini-mart" on site is very convenient. They open at 7am for a steam table breakfast assortment for a little under $5. Multiple retail shops are on site as well.

Close to several restaurants of various types and a Publix grocery is only a block or so away.

If you stay here, I'd highly recommend NoVe for some really good sushi.

Staff was very friendly and welcoming.

Location about a mile from American Airlines Arena very convenient if you are in town for a concert or Miami Heat game.

Pool and hot tubs on the 10th floor have a great view of Biscayne Bay. Business center and fitness room on site serve their purposes.

There is a trolley stop right across the street if you need some free transportation to the Bayside Market and other stops. The people mover stop is about a block away.

I'm sure if you were coming to vacation in Miami, you would probably choose a hotel on South Beach, but I would certainly recommend this facility if you wanted to save some money as opposed to higher rates 5 miles away.

For the business trip I was on, it was perfect.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank mgourley

Hello mgourley, thank you for staying with us and for your review of the hotel. I'm happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and we hope to have you back with us for your next trip to Miami.

Reviewed November 6, 2012

This hotel is in a great location, you can walk to a lot of places. The rooms are cleaned the rate was pretty decent. The staff members are friendly, the only negative to this place is the high priced valet parking. If there was self parking to this hotel it would have been even better. Overall a great place to stay.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Trupti T
miabs_ds, Director of Sales at Doubletree by Hilton Grand Hotel Biscayne Bay, responded to this reviewResponded November 7, 2012

Trupti T, thank you for your review and for choosing to stay with us. Thank you as well for your kind remarks about our staff and I do hope that you enjoyed your stay with us.