Doubletree by Hilton Grand Hotel Biscayne Bay
Ranked #49 of 124 Hotels in Miami
Reviewed June 12, 2012

enjoyed Memorial Day Weekend on 42 floor penthouse spent a whole at hotel the view didn't overlook the bay but non the less we were on the 42nd floor and the penthouse was very spacious enough room to hold more than a two families the pool was pretty amazing on the tenth floor overlooking the beach. and the drive to South beach was not far at all. All in all had a great stay cant wait to go Back.

Room Tip: the Penthouse on the 42nd Floor Is amazing but try to get the Room with the bay View
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
Management response:Responded July 2, 2012

HI gbaby85, thank you for staying with us over Memorial Day Weekend. I'm happy to hear that you were able to enjoy one of our condos and had a good stay with us. We hope to have you back with us very soon.

There are newer reviews for Doubletree by Hilton Grand Hotel Biscayne Bay

Reviewed June 2, 2012

We had an amazing room with views of the bay. We stayed using Hilton points and this hotel did not disappoint. simply amazing place

Room Tip: Must get a room with a balcony and view!
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
Management response:Responded July 2, 2012

Hello Pilotwife23, thanks for staying at our hotel. We’re glad you had a were able to enjoy one of our Bayview Rooms. We look forward to welcoming you back soon, thanks again.

Reviewed May 24, 2012

The hotel was amazing,on the outside deck on the blue siding there was a huge piece of watermelon that i had to reach out over the side and move off,The bed frame on one of the beds was broken i called they came quickly.Other than that and the valet pricing we JUST LOVED IT.Cant wait to go back and get the very same room!

Room Tip: Corner suties best views of cruise liners coming in and going out.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
Management response:Responded July 2, 2012

Hi lov2tojive, sorry for the initial issues you had during your stay but I'm glad to hear that everything was taken care of quickly. Very glad to hear that enjoyed the rest of your stay with us and we look forward to having you back with us soon.

Reviewed May 20, 2012

I spent 4 weeks in this hotel, whilst working in Miami. The service was great, very friendly staff and a very clean hotel. My room was bright and clean with a great view of the bay every morning.

Food in the Deli downstairs was pricy but there is really no where else to go for a light snack or breakfast. I practically had all my main meals from the Italian restaurant and had it brought to my room or up on the roof by the pool.

The residents also use the same entrance and exit as the main hotel and a lot of the residents from the adjoining apartments have dogs!! I've never seen so many dogs!

If your looking for a beach hotel this is not it. Buts its no more then 20 minutes in a taxi to south beach or 35 on a bus. The bus rides where highly entertaining. Coming from London we are pretty used to the unexpected on the bus. But if you'd rather not risk the bus then I suggest getting a taxi.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a balcony facing the bay other wise it's the wall or boring road for you!!
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business
Management response:Responded July 2, 2012

Hi SingingGypsy, thank you for staying with us and for reviewing us on TripAdvisor. I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and hope that your work event was successful as well. Our building is very entertaining but I'm happy to hear that you had a good stay with us, thanks again.

Reviewed May 16, 2012

I booked 20 rooms for my wedding party 9 months before my wedding. They were nothing but difficult. They tried to change the rate of my rooms, they refused to let me book all of the rooms so I had to have my family book some of them, they wouldn't let my friends put their rooms on their credit cards, and to top it all off when I tried to cancel the rooms because of their incompetence they told me that they would charge me for every room even though it was still 4 months out!! The manager decided to allow my guests to reserve the rooms under their names so I kept the reservations. When my fiance and I arrived at the hotel we were not helped by anyone with our bags and the front desk staff was very rude to us when we used one of the luggage carts ourselves. After all of this I found out that my in-laws had cancelled their reservations during their check-in because the staff was so rude. On top of ALL of that we found out that the pool was closed and we would have to go next door to use a pool. For the price of this hotel the service should have been MUCH better. When I got home from my honeymoon I discovered that my credit card had been used to purchase a room at the hotel and purchase something at the hotel next door. I travel a lot and this was the worst experience I have EVER had. DO NOT STAY HERE!

Room Tip: Ask them to put you near the elevator otherwise you will have to hike to your room.
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Amy C
Management response:Responded July 2, 2012

Hello Amy C, I'm sorry to hear about your experience. I oversee the hotel sales department and I did not hear anything about the issues you had with your wedding block. Would you please email me at MIABS_DS@hilton.com so that I can take a look into what occured with your wedding room block.

Reviewed May 16, 2012

fair enough to other south beach hotels. If you want to go to south beach, you either take taxi for 10 mins or take bus 5 mins from hotel. Room size and services are beyond expectation. It is clean and offers reasonable price.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank jurassica p
Management response:Responded July 2, 2012

Hi jurassica p, thanks for staying at our hotel and for reviewing us on TripAdvisor. We’re glad you had a good stay and hope to see you again very soon.

Reviewed May 16, 2012

We had a nice stay for a friend's wedding, hotel service was good, stay was enjoyable, pool & gym facilities were decent. I tend to travel with hotels that participate in Southwest Airlines rewards program, except for that fact I would stay here again. We stayed right next door at Marriott as well for a night and I'd say slightly better service here at the doubletree.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
Management response:Responded July 2, 2012

Hi Hawks1384, thank you for staying with us and hope you had a great time at your friends wedding. Thank you for your comment regarding the service you received, our staff works very hard and its nice to hear when a guest truly enjoys themselves. We hope you'll stay with us again.