“Beautiful View - but that is all!”

Miami Marriott Biscayne Bay
Ranked #15 of 121 Hotels in Miami
GreenLeadersSilver level
Northwoods, Wisconsin
“Beautiful View - but that is all!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 3, 2011

Our room was very disappointing from the wet spot on the carpet, toliet that didn't work, less than fresh towels in the tub area, kleenex leftovers stuffed into the new box, to the lack of heat on a cool Miami evening. Positives were the staff and the view.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (678)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Union, New Jersey
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 2, 2011

I stayed at the Miami Biscayne Bay Hotel for a nursing conference 2 weeks ago. I had never traveled to Biscayne Bay, and truly looked forward to my stay in that area. As I prepared at home for my 2 day trip, I was quite impressed when I received an email from Marriott Concierge services about 4 days before. This email provided a link to website where I was able to request complimentary amenities for my room, such as newspaper, extra pillows/towels, and even exercise equipment!!! In addition, I was able to inform the Concierge service, that my flight was landing earlier than their designated check in time. I was so excited to head down there. Boy... was I disappointed......

When I landed in Miami, I immediately called the hotel, so that they can send a shuttle to pick me up. They were very quick to say that there was no shuttle service, and offered no other options. Now, it was my mistake to assume that they had shuttles (as every other hotel does), but suggesting safe options would have been appreciated. I ended up sharing a cab with a couple of people heading to the same hotel for the same conference.

When I arrived at the hotel (10:30am), the woman at the front desk told me that there were no rooms available, and I would need to wait for a room to open up. She couldn't even give me an approximate time of when I should return. Trying to turn lemons into lemonnade, I took the opportunity to tour the neighborhood, and found that there was absolutely nothing for me to do... no stores to shop (the mall across the street was shut down), barely any restaurants, or even any scenic views. I actually had enough time to hop on the monorail (which was free.... but had no seats...), and met very "interesting" people. In the end... I waited for 4 HOURS for a room!! At this point, I was so exhausted... but I knew that I had to be at the conference, which was to start at 3pm. When I finally arrived in my room, I was not AT ALL impressed by the the horrible view of concrete, miniscule view of the Bay, and the bathroom which was so small that you couldn't turn or move without hitting your knee on the toilet!!!! If I ever go back to Miami Biscayne Bay, I will stay FAR away from the Marriott... It definitely wouldn't have been my first pick... or second!!

Kamloops
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 1, 2011

Stayed at the Marriott before disembarking on a cruise. Hotel was great, clean, newly updated, beautiful views from the balconies and good food.

Lansing, KS
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 31, 2011

We had an overnight stay prior to leaving on a Cruise. We had a room corner room overlooking the water. The room was fairly small due to the odd shape but it was big enough for what we needed. It was nice waking up in the morning and seeing our ship at the port. It's very convenient to the people mover and we used it to go to Bayside for a little shopping and dinner. There's also a shopping/restaurant area attached that would be very convenient also. There's a liquor store there for picking up last minute wine for the cruise. The lobby area was very nice with couches and tv's which were very nice for hanging out. We were with another couple so it was a great area fo relax and play cards.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
Arvida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 30, 2011

We went there on an overnight layover. The roms are very clean.

The situation is not the best, there's pratically nothing around the hotel. Your better bet is to rent a car.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with family
Johannesburg
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 9, 2011

Having been in Miami during what seemed to be a very busy time which coincided with the World Music Conference, Spring Break and an ATP tour event, decently priced accomodation was difficuilt to find at the last minute in South Beach and I booked the Marriott as a compromise based on the good rate ( $170 compared to $ 400 plus for South Beach hotels).

The hotel itself is faultless, the rooms appear to have been renovated recently with comfortable Marriott bedding and were large with a small balcony overlooking the bay. The bathroom was perhaps a bit small but not an issue at all. Internet in the lobby was free which was useful.

Location wise the hotel isn't perfect if you intend to spend a holiday predominantly in the South Beach area, but is relatively convenient with the bus terminal accross from the hotel taking about 20 minutes over the causeway to lincoln drive. A cab ride isnt longer than 7 minutes. At the rate it certainly worked out well for me.

All in all, the Marriott Biscayne Bay is a safe option.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with friends
Staten Island, New York
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 5, 2011

I have to say we were extremely disappointed in our stay at this hotel. It was under renovation while we were there. There were only 2 elevators working. There was some sort of event happening that weekend and we had to wait at least 15 minutes to get an elevator to our room. When we got to the room, we found that the air conditioner was not working. We complained but were told that there weren't any other available rooms. My husband spoke to a manager who finally put us into another room. While we were packing up our bags to move to the new room, someone from the cleaning staff came to the old room to prepare it for another guest.

Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple