“The location was excellent! It allowed...”

Miami Marriott Biscayne Bay
Ranked #15 of 127 Hotels in Miami
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed September 14, 2010

The location was excellent! It allowed me to enjoy downtown and was only a 5 minute drive across the causeway from the hustle and bustle of Sobe. Though it was under renovation, one would never know. We were not inconvenienced at all by that. The staff was very helpful and friendly. The only thing that I noticed is the rooms were a tad bit smaller than what I'm used to with Marriott but hey I was in town to enjoy the city. Already planning a return trip!

• Stayed: September 2010

Reviewed September 12, 2010

Another pleasurable stay.
The positives:
Rooms look exactly like the website
Rooms are clean and refurbished
The view of the bay is to die for
Great value for the price we paid
Staff friendly and accommodating
There was construction going on but it did not interfer with the operations of the hotel a big plus for us.
Problem free stay.

Negative:
Once again I had an issue with the quality of the bathroom linen, frayed and torn at the edges. I say once again, because this was the same problem I had with a previous stay in Fort Lauderdale.
The top sheet on the bed was also torn at the edge. I didn't report any of this because we were barely in the room and only spent two nights. So it did not bother us, however it seems to be an issue. You may need to look into your quality checks.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 20, 2010

We stayed here for 2 nights pre-cruise stay. This hotel was a good choice. Although we booked via priceline we were treated very well. The hotel lobby appears to always be busy so be prepared for a head spin. Once we located our room things were quite quiet and cozy.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed August 16, 2010

We stayed here for one night before our cruise out of the Port Of Miami.

My bid of 55USD for two rooms was accepted on Priceline. I had heard that the hotel was under-going significant renovations so I was prepared. I didn't see any mention of it on the Marriott website, but I may have missed it. Check n is located currently on the third floor, just inside the parking garage. For those on foot, transportation is provided via golf cart or elevator from the third floor entrance to ground level.

The pool was nice. There were too many screaming kids with inattentive parents. The drinks at the pool bar are incredibly expensive. It came to 28 dollars for a daiquiri and rum and coke. Far too much for the quality of drinks. 6-7 dollars would be fine but 10 dollars plus tax is outrageous. The room service and on-site restaurant menu's are also very expensive.

If you take the walk way across to the double tree, there is a deli there that offers up a more reasonably priced menu for breakfast and snacks. A liquor store is also there.

Hotel staff were kind and efficient although a bit tough to understand as they seemed to be more fluent in Spanish than English but it wasn't an issue.

Of note- this hotel has a 4PM check IN time. Later than the usual 3pm. You do;however, get to stay until 12pm for check out.-convenient for cruise goers.

The rooms were nice, clean, and fairly spacious. The safe is hidden- located in a dresser drawer-so make sure not to forget about it as you check out. I always use safes where possible..

My biggest complaint about the hotel was the phone system. If you place a call, voicemail would kick in but the call would still be ringing. One time I made a call, the person in the other room answered it and voicemail kicked in in the back ground and recorded our conversation. This was quite concerning for me, but I wasn't making any phone calls outside of setting up dinner plans. Management if they are reading this should certainly look into it.

The hotel is close to Bayside market place. The Omni station for the monorail is one block away, followed by a one block walk to Bayside.

It is also close to the Port of Miami with cab rates going for about 6-10 dollars depending on stops and traffic.

This hotel should be amazing once the 31 million dollar upgrade is complete. Until then, if you can get a good rate- take it. You won't be disappointed.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Constable82
Reviewed August 5, 2010

Renovations aside....and believe me....it is hellish. One small corridor through which everyone in the hotel has to pass......basically a bottleneck. Waiting for a taxi in a suit on that 3rd floor car-park lobby thing....the heat....the fumes...hell.

But aside from all that. The room we had, a bay view updated room on a high floor was very disappointing. If that is as good as they get. It was tiny. Low ceiling. Small room. I know it's an older building but when they did the renovations they could have factored the room size into their choice of furniture. Oversized arm chairs, huge lamps, a gargantuan desk chair and a very cumersome pouf made it impossible to navigate the room without falling over. It's as if they filled a small japanese apartment with furniture from a huge texan ranch. the only thing i did like was the safe that could accommodate a laptop.

I got a deal on priceline. but a week later (when passing through miami again) i paid the same rate on priceline and got the hyatt miami....MUCH bigger rooms.....even though they weren't that clean...

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 4, 2010

My husband and I took a couple of days befor our cruise(another story) to tour Miami. I found Mariott Biscayne Bay online for a deal because of the multi-million $ renovation they are undergoing during the day time hours only. $89.00 + tax /nt. Staff great.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 30, 2010

Going through a face lift when we were there, but still had a very good service and standard. Central location. Very close to Omni rail station, from where you reach everything downtown miami. Nice rooms. Good pool area.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family