“Gorgeous place but....” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #13 of 121 Hotels in Miami
GreenLeadersSilver level
“Gorgeous place but....”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2014

My father retired from working at the Marriott Marquis in NY so you can understand the Marriott hotels holds special place in my heart but I'm flabbergasted by the fact you have to pay for wifi here?! This place is expensive and doesn't offer anything other than a cot and a television. My view is amazing but that's not enough to make me want to come back to this particular hotel. Even if I could afford to spend the rest of my life living in this hotel, I wouldn't. Those little tokens like free wifi, some mints on your pillow, a bagel here and there would be a nice form of gratitude for my business especially when there's plenty of other options.

Room Tip: If you must, ask for the ocean view...Absolutely lovely!
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
2 Thank Iambarbaraj
Hosting_Ambassador, Guest Relations at Miami Marriott Biscayne Bay, responded to this review, August 1, 2014
Dear lambarbarj,

Thank you for sharing your review with other TripAdvisor members. We are happy your found our resort to your liking and enjoyed the location. We are sorry you felt our facility did not provide good value for your travel dollar and we appreciate your honest feedback. While it is never our intention to disappoint any guest, we are competitively priced with other full-service hotels in the area that offer the same location,quality standards, facilities, and amenities. We apologize if you feel we feel short. We do hope we can welcome you back one day.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (597)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Savannah, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2014

I recently stayed at this hotel 7/25-7/29. Upon arriving the self parking was closed, but they gave us valet parking for the same fee. The attendants were great, basically had everything unloaded out the trunk before I even set foot out the car. Check in was easy and simple. We really needed a refrigerator and we were given one complimentary free of charge. The only thing I had a problem with and with my bank account, is that for every night you stay they hold $50.00, so in addition to the amount of the room, they held $200.00 more of my money. I was never told this or even on the Marriott website where I made the reservation.

The room was great, but the view I had was terrific. We stayed on the 28th floor with bay view. It was so gorgeous that every night I slept with the curtain open. The room could use a little work though, for some reason the shower kept leaking and water would end up all over bathroom floor. In addition, there was some grime in a few spots. I just think it needed some repainting. The room door was really heavy that I could barely open it, especially with bags. My other problem was that sometimes the valet took a little long to bring the car around, after we called 15-20 mins earlier or that sometimes the valet would not accept calls to pick the car up, but we had to go down and give them the ticket, which was more time waiting. But like I said the view made up for all of this. It is definitely the best view in Miami. We ordered room service one morning, a little expensive, but it was good food. Another thing was that the staff respected the do not disturb sign on door. We needed more towels and I called downstairs, we kept waiting, but the towels never showed up. Come to find out they would not knock on door to give us towels, because we had the DND sign out. (Other hotels do not respect this)

Overall this hotel is great. I will definitely stay here again in the future. To me this hotel was in the perfect location. Although you are not on the beach it still has a good view and you are pretty much close to everything that requires a short drive I recommend this hotel. The staff was wonderful.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank jenniferevelyn89
Dear jenniferevelyn89,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your recent stay with us. We are happy to hear that you were happy with your room accommodations and the beautiful view that you had and also the location of our hotel to the Miami area. We have made note of the room issues you pointed out so we can keep up and maintain the Marriott standards for rooms and hospitality. Thank you for sharing your story about the" do not disturb sign." Sometimes this has come up in regards to housekeeping issues and we were glad to learn that the staff tried to deliver the towels, but the sign was observed and respected! We are glad that you found your check-in was done so quickly and that parking accommodations were made for you. In checking with management on why there was the extra money held on your credit card, we have learned that this is an issue with individual credit cards and their policies,not our hotels. We do apologize if you were inconvenienced in any way and it may be a good idea to research this for future trip so this problem is not experienced again. We do hope we will welcome you back again one day.
West Palm Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2014

Me and my girlfriend stayed at this hotel Sunday/Monday (7/27). We were greeted by the guys at valet. Very courteous, professional. The lobby was beautiful. Very open with high ceilings and decorative. There is construction going on but it was not a big deal.
Our check-in was done by Jehison. I know the spelling may be off but it is pronounced Jason. He was very polite and professional. He took good care of us. We got a great room (thanks Jehison). He pointed out the places of interest of the hotel such as the pool area, the main restaurant and the café shop, etc. I work at the front desk of a hotel so I know good service. He did a great job. Very calm demeanor and very personable. Great asset to Marriott.

Our stay was great. It's a great location, close to Miami Beach and downtown Miami. There was a good vibe at the hotel. All of the staff at the hotel was very attentive and addressed us each time we walked by. I would def stay there again.

Room Tip: This place has about 31 floors. We were in room 2010 and had a great room of the bay looking east. N...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
      Cleanliness
1 Thank willieg313
Hosting_Ambassador, Guest Relations at Miami Marriott Biscayne Bay, responded to this review, July 31, 2014
Dear willieg313,

We are thrilled to learn you felt a "good vibe" from our hotel and for taking the time to recognize our front desk associate, Jehison, as part of your positive experience at our hotel. We appreciate you stating that he is a great asset at the front desk and that you found him very personable. We will be sure to pass the accolades on to him. We are also glad to know you were happy with your accommodations, found our staff to be so friendly and attentive, and that our location was so convenient for you. We do hope to welcome you back again some day soon.
midwest
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2014 via mobile

Nice hotel. Arrived around 4:15PM. I'm a Marriott Silver Elite member & was given an upgraded room with a view of the water. Room was clean & view was good.

Went to the hotel bar twice----once for happy hour, and after The Marlins game. Happy hour was reasonable. After happy hour ended, prices were ridiculous. No shocker there, though, as this is Miami.

I used the hot tub & pool (outdoor), and they were ok. The hot tub water was a little green & stinky, though. It looked like it needed cleaned.

The only issue I ran into here was that I purchased Marlins tickets on Stubhub, and I needed to print off the tickets. I paid $5.95 to print them off, and then the printer wasn't working. I saw an employee in the hallway, and explained to him that I was in a rush to get to the game. He said "come with me", and took me back to his private office in the sales & catering area, and let me use his computer to print off the tickets. I wish I would've gotten his name. He did me a great service.

Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Midwesternmember
Dear Midwesternmember,

We appreciate you choosing to stay at Marriott Hotels and for being a Silver Elite member. We are glad to hear you were happy with your room accommodations and that you were able to enjoy our bar and the hot tub. We will take note and contact maintenance to make sure the hot tub is at the level of cleanliness it should be. We apologize for your printing issues and it made us very happy to learn that one of our staff members was quick to help you out and get you to the game! We do hope we can welcome you back one day.
Anderson, Indiana, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2014 via mobile

I have stayed here before and just checked out on 7/25/14. As a Marriott Gold member I did get concierge service but did not feel like anyone notice me. My room was on the 26th floor and had a lovely view. It was clean and very inviting it was a Bay view room and because my reservation did not say Bayview it was considered an upgrade. Trust my I use the term loosely. Definitely was nothing special. Considering my previous stays. Overall it is a nice hotel, service was not bad just nothing special or memorable. When I am in Miami again next month I plan to stay here. Trust me the hotel is lovely and no one was rude to us at all but surely did not feel like I mattered.

• Stayed July 2014
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
2 Thank KnM07042008
Hosting_Ambassador, Guest Relations at Miami Marriott Biscayne Bay, responded to this review, July 28, 2014
Dear KnM07042008,

Thank you for quickly reviewing our resort and for being a Marriott Gold Member. We are glad you found your accommodations to your liking and enjoyed your views. We apologize if our hospitality was not up to our usual Marriott standard and do hope when you visit us again next month, you will feel differently. We are looking forward to welcoming you back.
Sarasota, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2014

I stayed here for two nights this past week, the good, decent location, reasonably priced. The bad? Hard beds , expensive parking $30 a night!, charges for wifi and use of the business center. Certainly not a destination Hotel, but alright for a night before a cruise, or at a push a couple of nights on a business trip. Rooms are small and shabby, although adequate.

Would I stay here again? in a pinch I guess I would , but if I was in town for a weekend of fun I'd probably spend more for something more upmarket.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 stars
      Sleep Quality
1 Thank Jeremy H
Hosting_Ambassador, Guest Relations at Miami Marriott Biscayne Bay, responded to this review, July 27, 2014
Dear Jeremy H,

Thank you for sharing your review of our resort with other TripAdvisor members. We are sorry you felt our facility did not provide value for your travel dollar and we appreciate your honest feedback. While we understand that you would have preferred to have Wi-Fi in your guest room, it is complimentary in the hotel's public areas, and our in-room usage rates are competitive with other hotels in the Miami area that offer the same prime location, level of service, and extensive facilities. We do hope we can welcome you back one day.
Jacksonville, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2014 via mobile

My friend and I stayed a weekend here a couple weeks ago. The hotel is in a good location close to midtown, downtown, south beach, and brickell. The pool is nice and pool bar has strong drinks. The hotel was quiet at night and had a good view of the bay. Parking is $26 a day which is crazy in my opinion. Around the corner a church does $10 for over night parking. The parking garage is crowded and small. If you come back too late finding a parking space is impossible. Overall I would stay again just bc of the location.

Stayed July 2014
Dear IrishKirk,

We appreciate that you took the time to share your review with us. Our convenient location, comfortable rooms with beautiful views and our pool area are just a few of the reasons many choose to stay with us. It is never our intent to disappoint a guest in any way, and we apologize if you did not find that our parking provided a good value for your travel dollar. Our rates are competitive with other full-service hotels in the area and we try to provide a safe, convenient area in which to park your car while staying with us. We look forward to welcoming you back again one day.