New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Review of Miami Marriott Biscayne Bay

Miami Marriott Biscayne Bay
Ranked #14 of 124 Hotels in Miami
GreenLeadersSilver level
“Best Hotel and Staff Ever!!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 5, 2014 via mobile

We stayed here before and after a Western Caribbean cruise. The staff from the moment we arrived was excellent from the valet to the waiter in the lounge. The bellman and front desk were also amazing, and even accommodated our 9 a.m. arrival on the morning our cruise returned. We have been all over the world, but have never been treated so above and beyond by any staff anywhere. They would even go out of their way to call an elevator when they anticipated your needing one. This staff is superb, and the hotel and views are worth every penny.

• Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Noleman13
Hosting_Ambassador, Guest Relations at Miami Marriott Biscayne Bay, responded to this review, July 6, 2014
Dear Noleman13,

We are thrilled to know you had a "superb" stay with us before and after your recent cruise. Thank you for providing feedback on our friendly, helpful staff and so happy they went above and beyond to make sure all of your needs and accommodations were to your liking. We hope next time you are in the area, we can welcome you back.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (629)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 4, 2014

We stayed here for the weekend prior to departing for our cruise. Very convenient location to the port of Miami. The hotel also has a free shuttle that takes you to the South beach. The manager that checked us was extremely helpful. We told the concierge that we wanted to see a movie and she printed out the times for us. Everyone always tried to address me by name. My two negatives are first, due to frequent business travel, I have the Marriott mobile app. The mobile app allows you to check in 24 hours in advance, which I did for this trip as well. Normally, this is not an issue as the Marriott's I go to have a separate mobile check in line, but for this trip it did. Imagine my surprise when I received a bill the day before checkout. I guess this hotel is not fully inline with the Mobile app and caused the dates of our stay to shift to when I did the mobile check in. I called down to get it straighten it out and it seemed like the manager was acting like I was trying to cheat them out a day, but eventually when I figured out what happened and enlightened her, she straightened it out. Second, the guys working out front are not the most helpful getting cabs. We stood there forever, and finally I hailed my own cab. I saw some reviews that people did not feel "safe". You are downtown in a major city. I'm also from a major city, so I felt fine, use your smarts as you're going about town. We walked back from a location that was 10 blocks away and were fine. The bartender at the pool is great! They may want to consider adding a shuttle to the Port of Miami. The cruise guests would love it. Next time I cruise, I would stay again.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Dear NeneJLM,

We are happy to hear that you had a nice stay at our resort before your cruise. Our staff strives hard to make each guest feel welcome and well cared for and we are glad they were able to accommodate you and act in a timely manor to review and help with your billing issue. We will make note of this and review so all front desk staff are knowledgeable of the new technology constantly being introduced here at the hotel. We are glad you found our location so convenient for you while you stayed with us and also to get to your cruise ship. We look forward to welcoming you back again one day.
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 4, 2014

I have been coming to Miami for the last 9 yrs. I would not stay anywhere but here. When I arrive there everyone always says Welcome Home!!. Actually it's like going home except I'm in Miami and I'm from Houston Tx. The Hotel Staff already have everything ready when I walk though the doors,they know exactly what extras I need in my room,I never have to ask for anything while there. Oh by the way when I first came there it was for 6 nights and as the yrs went on now I stay 10 nights.I always feel very safe and I'm always by myself.I can't say enough for the Front Desk Clerks.(Matt, Gina, Barbara, Shareese, and the others) The Concierge staff (Majorie and Miguel are the Best(always helping you to find things to do). Definitely don't want to forget the 3 People in the Concierege Lounge( mornings- Altha she is so wonderful and always smiling no matter how other guests come in make a mess at times. (Evenings-Miriam and Louis). The evenings r like hanging out with friends at home.Miriam is so Great with the guests also and Louis is very friendly and outgoing, I just met Louis this yr. he is so nice and caring how he does his job.I checked in June 25th and checked out July 3rd this yr. Next yr. I will be staying for 15 Nights. Also don't want to forget about the Valet and Bellman,(Jose, Jean, Guy,Wilner, and the others. They always goabove and beyond for me when there. The Resturant is great (Mgr. Steve,and Mgr. Megan.) Steve always takes care of me.I just met Megan this trip she is great also.The Pool Bartender Sal and Raul are excellent bartenders and always takes time to talk to the Guests. Housekeeping is wonderful also,Actually when I'm there I have my personal Housekeeper and no one can do the job better than Patricia. I've known her for 9 yrs.Oh not sure if I said I was a Lady, that's why I said earlier I feel very safe there and they always check on me when there.

Room Tip: I always stay on the 29th floor that overlooks the Marina and downtown Miami.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank HTown77082
Hosting_Ambassador, Guest Relations at Miami Marriott Biscayne Bay, responded to this review, July 5, 2014
Dear HTown77082,

We appreciate your review of our hotel and thank you for continuing to choose our hotel year after year. We are also happy that each year your time with us increases! Our staff works very hard to make sure each guest feels welcome and well cared for and we are thrilled to know that they have made you feel like you are at your second home, and that we have provided a safe, friendly atmosphere for you. We have noted all the names you have mentioned and will be sure to pass-on your glowing accolades to each one of them. We look forward to welcoming you back next year, on your 15 day stay with us!
Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 4, 2014

One of the better and newer Marriott hotels with well-furnished rooms which come with balconies giving you an amazing view of the city and waterfront. The view of the berth and yachts lighted up at night was breathtaking. Their swimming pool which you can also have a good view of from the balcony is another nice area to chill, by day or by night, with relaxing hammocks to enjoy the sea breeze in. Definitely my favorite Marriott so far!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Y880
Dear Y880,

It means a lot to us that our friends from Singapore had such a wonderful time! We are thrilled that you enjoyed the many "amazing views of the waterfront area," and that you found the pool area a great place to "chill!" We hope next time you come to the Miami area, we can welcome you back!
Roodt/Syre
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 3, 2014

Miami is an expensive place to stay, but I got a good rate at this Marriott with the Military/Government Rate. We took a cab from the airport to the hotel which was roughly 25 dollars. The receptionist at the checkin is very friendly unfortunately I forgot her name, we were at the hotel February 20-22nd.
Our room was normal sized but more than enough place for 2 people, we had a great view from our room, just check my picture posted with that review.
I haven't got any breakfast, so I can't give informations on that, but well normally in Marriott breakfast very good, so I suppose here it's the same case ;)
We had fantastic weather in February so we went to the pool on the roof, which is also a really nice place, Miami Beach was too crowded for me that day, so we hang out at the pool before diner, and the bar at the pool has really good Mojitos and Margaritas, that barkeeper there knows how to mix cocktails, never had such a good cocktail at a hotelbar.
Some people maybe think that the hotel isn't in the best area, ok it's Miami Downtown, but honestly I felt safe all the time when I went from there to the Hard Rock Cafe at night. Ok after midnight I took a cab, but a 7 p.m it was already dark, and I had no problem to walk around there.
So would I go back to that place, yes. Ok Miami was not my kind of Town, but if I'll be back in Miami one day I think I'll book the same hotel again. So my fellow tripadvisore you may book that hotel :)

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Hosting_Ambassador, Guest Relations at Miami Marriott Biscayne Bay, responded to this review, July 4, 2014
Dear Timlux,

We thank you for taking the time to share your review of our hotel with other TripAdvisor members. We are glad we were able to provide friendly, helpful service and also the Military/Government rate to you. Our staff works hard to make each guest feel welcome and well cared for and we are glad to know that from the front desk to the bartending staff, you enjoyed our Marriott hospitality. We do hope if you come back to the Miami area, we can welcome you back.
Orange Park, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2014

We stayed here one night before a cruise. Nice hotel, friendly service at check in and at Catch restaurant (hotel restaurant). Ate here for dinner and breakfast. Room was very nice and had a small balcony.

TIP: The doorman took our bags up to our room. I gave him $5 dollars and he gave me two 20 percent off coupons for Catch restaurant. We used one for breakfast and one for dinner and came out ahead. It's called the doorman's discount. Service at Catch was excellent and they were extremely friendly at dinner. Our server even talked with us for awhile about the cruise we were going on which excursions we were doing etc. and gave us some good advice on which excursions to do as he had been on the cruise we were going on.

I would totally stay here again if we go out of Miami on another cruise due to the proximity to the port, level of service of the hotel staff and the restaurant. Only negative was parking was close to $30 dollars, but it is downtown Miami....

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Hosting_Ambassador, Guest Relations at Miami Marriott Biscayne Bay, responded to this review, July 3, 2014
Dear bookingpro 10,

Thank you for taking the time to share your review of your overnight stay with other TripAdvisor members. Many choose to stay with us because of the convenience to the cruise line port area and we are glad you found this so helpful. We appreciate you pointing out the wonderful service you received, especially the doorman, and that you were able to enjoy the meals at The Catch Restaurant . We hope to welcome you back next time you are in the area.
Boston, Massachusetts
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 28, 2014

Decent hotel for the price, but it certainly is time for Marriott to reconsider charging for wifi. I suppose they are betting on business travelers, but I wonder what percentage of non-business guests are completely turned off by the cost of using the internet.

There is also no fridge in room which is rather inconvenient. The rooms are rather on the small side if there are two of you in the room with luggage.

Finally, it seems like this Marriott is at the end of its cycle in terms of decor and likely needs updating soon.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank chippersnacker
Hosting_Ambassador, Guest Relations at Miami Marriott Biscayne Bay, responded to this review, June 30, 2014
Dear chippersnacker,

Thanks so much for sharing your review of our resort. While we understand that you would have liked to have free Wi-Fi in your guest room, it is complimentary in the hotel's public areas, and our in-room Wi-Fi usage rates are competitive with hotels in the area. It is never our intent to disappoint and we will take into review your comments. We hope to welcome you back one day!