WINNER WONDERLAND

GreenLeadersSilver level
Sydney, Australia
“"Road trip stop over"”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 4, 2014

Stayed the night during a recent visit to the United States. We arrived during the evening and had a room on a high level with a view of an apartment complex and distant bay. The only drawback was the tiny bathroom the three of us shared. The view from the breakfast room was great.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Hosting_Ambassador, Guest Relations at Miami Marriott Biscayne Bay, responded to this review, May 6, 2014
Dear Reviewer5661,

Thanks for taking the time to post your review about your stay at our hotel during your roadtrip here. We hope you had an enjoyable time in the U.S.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (632)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Caracas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 4, 2014

As in many trips we take the advantage to be abroad (we live in Venezuela) to buy what is missing and have it delivered to the hotel… I was in W Hotel Miami south beach in November and there was a huge amount of deliveries of Amazon of a big group, not only they did not charge for any delivery, as they helped to follow up the delays!! … But here in Marriot, they charged the first night US$ 58,00 for 9 packages, they call "handling fee" and they told that it was written in the website, under meetings, if somebody finds, please tell me. In anyway, Mr Roberto, responsible for this area, was quite rude and not at all costumer focused, told that he would give 10% discount, but that it was for 1 year as this - well, first and last time at Marriot, and probably all Marriots… An observation, one package was delivered by mistake in W hotel, and they were very worried and kept the package for me, without charging, even proposed to get it delivered in Marriot… Where should we stay the next time?

Room Tip: HIgher apartments
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank LaraYumi
Dear LaraYumi,

While it is never our intention to disappoint a guest in any way, we apologize if our package receiving policy did not meet with your expectation. As a large hotel, we do receive and handle many packages for our guests -- both leisure and business travelers -- and the security and administration required to process so many packages on a daily basis is quite an undertaking. We apologize if the value of this service was not apparent to you.
Boston
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 4, 2014

First time in many years staying with Marriott as we are loyal Starwood customers. Have to say that we were incredibly impressed. I watched the front dest attendant come from behind the desk and walk up to a guest wearing a badge and greeted them by name even though it was their first time there. Nice touch! We couldn't get a Kingsize bed so they upgraded us to a beautiful view of the bay. The room was modern, crisp and felt new. The fitness room was huge, lot's of equipment and facing the bay and colorful sunrise as well. Surprisingly it lacked wipes/sanitizer which every other hotel gym I have been in provides. The only meal we had there was the breakfast buffet and it was one of the best buffets we have had. An omelette station, canisters of all types of nuts (pistachio, pecans, walnuts), and smoked salmon were all items I don't see often. Great service, style and location. Would gladly return.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Chefette
Hosting_Ambassador, Guest Relations at Miami Marriott Biscayne Bay, responded to this review, May 5, 2014
Dear Chefette,

It makes us very happy to read that we were able to please you during your stay and that you had an excellent experience with us. We appreciate that you took the time to share your review.
Revere, Massachusetts, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 4, 2014

Recently stayed at the Marriott Biscayne Bay for a 5 day getaway. Excellent location on the water was close to both downtown as well as to south beach. Free daily shuttles to and from the beach saved cab fares as well as car rental and parking charges. All staff members that we interacted with were all extremely friendly and helpful.

Much less expensive than staying at the overpriced options on the beach.

Can't wait to visit again!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank Angela R
Dear Angela R,

We are so happy that you enjoyed your five-day getaway with us and shared your positive experience with other members here. We hope to welcome you back again one day.
Chicago, IL
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 3, 2014 via mobile

Stayed at the hotel for a business meeting. They gave me a room facing in pier and I actually enjoyed the hotel. The view was nice. I was close to a great running trail over the bridge. And the staff was wonderful. I came back from a run and the doorman offered me water immediately, I was greeted every morning with a hello or offer for help and the food was good. The location was good and across the street was a trolly that took you into the city. Highly recommend! !!!

Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank dfostertol
Hosting_Ambassador, Guest Relations at Miami Marriott Biscayne Bay, responded to this review, May 4, 2014
Dear Dfostertol,

Thank you for highly recommending our hotel. We are very happy that you had such a pleasant experience here with us.
Alessandria, Italy
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 3, 2014 via mobile

The hotel is quite old and would really need to be refreshed and renewed.
Absolutely not in line with Marriott's standards.
My neighbors made noise all night and was impossible to sleep.
Nothing to do with the beautiful hotel at Miami beach.
Look for better option.

Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
4 Thank Knock_around
Dear Knock_around,

It is never our intention to disappoint a guest in any way and we are incredibly sorry that you felt our hotel did not live up to Marriott's high standards of hospitality. We apologize for the noise which disturbed you from a guest in the next room, unfortunately, we are not able to control the noises made by other guests, although we do indeed hope that guests are respectful that they are in close proximity to others.
Gautier, Mississippi
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 1, 2014

Ok, let me start by sharing my experience. This is our 2nd trip to Miami. The 1st time we stayed in Brickell at a "Hilton" chain..and LOVED IT. Free breakfast, wifi, and NICE/SAFE area. Upon getting to Miam, we ended up arriving a day earlier. I decided to see if the hotel had any available rooms because I did not want to have to check into 1 hotel and gather our things and move the next day. Luckily they did. I called the hotel directly and explained we would be arriving a day early and was it possible to do an early check in for that day. She told me she had nothing to do with that and would I would need to speak with reservations. However their in house reservations dept was closed, so she connected me with general reservations. I was switched over to the reservations dept. and explained my dilemma to the rep. She advised I would need to speak with someone in the hotel directly because they didn't have access to see what was available for early check in. Well I hang up and call the hotel directly again...the same lady answered again and explained in a sturn voice I would need to speak with RESERVATIONS..Once again I was again I was transferred back over....and to my surprise, I get the SAME LADY who had advised me to contact the hotel directly. I explained it to her and she got frustrated and got her supervisor to call over to the hotel directly. Well after waiting for several minutes the lady gets back on the line and tells me they have availability but the earliest we would be able to check in would be 7--I told her that would be fine because we were only a few hours out...Well needless to say we arrived at the hotel around 6:30ish--we made it there and it was BEAUTIFUL .All we saw was the Ocean, the dog park is next door along with a workout area as well as basketball courts.. We hung out there for a while and all of a sudden I had this hunch walk to the hotel which is walking distance to let them know I had arrived. Well I get greeted by a pregnant lady==I tell her my name and advised I had spoke with reservations and requested an early check in...she looked at me in disgust--When she started telling me there was no early checking, I knew that was the lady that I had spoke with initially that was transferring me to reservations. So I tell her that is not what someone from their chain explained to me. So I go outside and make a call--At this point I get connected to the reservation dept. At this point I am connected to I assume was the local reservation dept. (7 or 8am) at this point...Well I call and get the RUDEST MOST UNPROFESSIONAL REP--I explain to her the situation and she tells me in a demeaning tone that they don't do early check in and if I pull up my email which was sent to me it would show they don't do early check in. So I told her the reservations supervisor called and specifically spoke with someone at the hotel and someone from that Hotel told her the earliest check in would be 7--she said "LIKE IS SSAIIIIDDDD"...if you pull up your email, which we sent, it will advise we don't do early check in. Our check in process begins at 4..So I began to tell her that is not what was explained to me and told her I NEVER would have made a reservation with them if check in was at 4--I explained to her I passed up several other hotels but would be staying with them for A WEEK....and didn't want to unpack and pack back up the next day. So then this lady tells me she would be more than happy to cancel my reservation because the Marriott cannot guarantee requests. I told her I understood that but I was told I would be available for check in at 7---She then tells me again to check my email..I advised her I did not make the reservation online--IT WAS CALLED IN!!. She then tells me I am still within my time frame to cancel the reservation w/out being charged and if it was that important for me to do an early check in I SHOULD HAVE MADE A RED EYE RESERVATION????!!!! I asked her what was that because nobody every gave me that option. So after going round with her, I asked to speak to her supervisor.--Nicole.-DIRECTLY TO THE MARRIOTT--KEEP HER AROUND. ..SHE IS WHAT YOU CALL GREAT PEOPLE SKILLS AND CUSTOMER SERVICE. Nicole asked where I was and I told her I was next door at the park. She told me to come in and meet her. I went in and met her and explained the entire situation. I explained to her a 1st impression is a lasting impression..and after going around with the lady on the phone and the pregnant girl who kept transferring me was not a good experience. She apologized but like I told her it was not her fault. Make a long story short, she comp'd us breakfast and shortly after we finished, she called us to let us know she had a room available for check in. Mr. Jeanne "The bellman"..was very polite and is a good person for that company. Now over that part--If you are planning to stay here, wifi, breakfast, and parking is NOT FREE, however this is free in most hotels. The parking fee was $26 a day which I think is RIDICULOUS! However we were blessed enough to find $15 overnight parking at the catholic church RIGHT NEXT DOOR!! We could see our car from the room. Wifi is overpriced--$9.95 a day is ABUSRD! MARRIOTT CAN AFFORD TO DO BETTER THAN THIS. However I must say in the lobby it's free and there are nice cubicles for you set up and surf the web. I stayed at this hotel for 8 days--3 days, the ice machine was broken--called and informed the front desk and each day they were sending up someone to fix it...Now jumping to the room--there is an iphone dock to charge your iphones...The doc worked fine the 1st 2 days. Well as my daughter was drying her hair with the hair dryer, a fuse must have blown because the docking station for the iphone stopped working--we called downstairs and they brought up 1 on 2 different days..-neither one worked...So we called again and the front desk advised the would need to send an engineer up..never saw him, so we gave up on that. Housekeeping entered the room and if you didn't answer after 1 swift knock..they were entering..so put your privacy sign up if you don't want them to enter while you are sleeping. There were 4 people staying in the room..2 adults and 2 children--Every day housekeeping came, we got only 3 towels--Even though I requested 4 sets "1 set of towels for each person"..I would always get 3--leaving me to have to call housekeeping to bring extra towels..Now to the Elevators--they were a bit scary, noisy, and sometimes we felt like they were going to get stuck. I am not sure if they were working on them at that time, but they were not the best..**Pool and Bar area*** is BEAUTIFUL!! There is a chess/ping pong station for kids which we utilized on a daily basis. However the last night were were there, The hot tub was the same temp as the pool, Several guests called as well as I and was told the Engineer had to reset it..after an hour, the temp of the pool and the hot tub were still the same temp. One tourist got out and stated that was not sanitary and left In disgust. WE ended up leaving because apparently after 1hour, nothing was going to be done. All in all this place is in a GREAT location but has LOTS OF HOMELESS PEOPLE..Not safe to walk at night as it was in Brickell.. A publix, checkers, burger king, liquor store, and free transportation modes are all within walking distance. The view from our balcony was GREAT--but the rooms were very small compared to others. Nice hotel, However, I doubt I will be staying here again.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank indiangirl101
Hosting_Ambassador, Guest Relations at Miami Marriott Biscayne Bay, responded to this review, May 2, 2014
Dear indiangirl101,

It is never our intention to disappoint a guest in any way and clearly your arrival at our hotel was not optimal. Early check-in is always on a case by case basis unless a room for the night before was reserved and paid for in advance. Early check-in is dependent upon current availability of an open room at the hotel at any one time. We apologize if the response by our front desk staff was not to your liking and also for the confusion between the corporate reservation department and the hotel. They would not be able to determine if we had the clean rooms available at that early hour to be able to accommodate you. With regard to our pricing structure, it is indeed competitive with other full-service hotels in the area that offer the same level of amenities, services, and features.