“Great stay near American Arena.” 4 of 5 stars

Book early and save 20%!
Ranked #19 of 120 Hotels in Miami
GreenLeadersSilver level
columbus
“Great stay near American Arena.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here pre-cruise. Its 10 min ride to the port of Miami ( $12 cab fare). Nice hotel. Rooms very clean. Wonderful view of the bay. Tons of food shops next door at The Grand. Awesome food for breakfast. Kinda pricey.. be prepare to spend $$$$.

• Stayed October 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars
Hosting_Ambassador, Guest Relations at Miami Marriott Biscayne Bay, responded to this review, November 4, 2013
Dear Natiscales,

Thank you for selecting our property for your last night on land before heading on your cruise. We know how hard people work all year long, so when it comes time for vacation, everything needs to be just right, and we were glad that we were able to get your holiday off to a wonderful start. We appreciate that you took the time to post about our hotel and hope you had a great rest of your trip!

Saint Petersburg
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2013

The hotel was ok. If we weren't going on the cruise the next day I don't think we would have stayed another night. I thought it would have been a little nicer especially for the price. Will pick another hotel to stay at before we go on another cruise.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Rayness2
Dear Rayness 2,

We greatly appreciate the time that you took to share your review of our hotel. It is never our intention to disappoint a guest in any way. If there was something that we could have done to make your experience at our hotel better, we would have loved the opportunity to be able to make it right for you. Feedback in forums such as TripAdvisor — or in speaking directly to our front desk staff or management — is truly the only way in which we learn how we can improve and enhance our services and facilities so that every guest is truly satisfied. We apologize if we fell short during your visit.
Elk Grove, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013 via mobile

The hotel is super clean and very nice. Even tho they advertise they are near the trolley and bus lines, it is not nearly as convenient as it first sounded. We didn't rent a car while there, so we did a lot of walking. It's quite pricey to park at the hotel, but that's really the only way to go.

• Stayed October 2013
1 Thank colleen l
Nashville, Tennessee
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013

My friends and I stayed here for a night before we boarded a cruise. Upon arrival, we were not greeted at our car nor was help offered with our luggage. I was excited to stay at a Marriott and the welcome of the lobby I got upon walking in reaffirmed my thoughts. I was soon to be disappointed. We were a group of 4 women and had requested 2 queen beds. The hotel was sold out and they sold rooms they didn't have, so we were "upgraded" to a king bed with an AMAZING beach view. 4 people do not fit in a king size bed, so we were granted ONE roll away. Well guess what 3 grown adults don't fit so well in a king size bed either. We also had to call down for more towels and they never came, so we had to call down again. My friend (in another room) checked in and dropped off her luggage before her room was ready (she also only had 2 people in her room and she got 2 beds why not upgrade HER to a king?!) so when she finally got into her room they called down to have their bags delivered. 20 minutes later and they still weren't there. Her mom called down and she was put on hold while they checked. My friend and I went down to the lobby to check since being on hold was getting no where. The bags were sitting a room with no one in sight checking on them, her mom was still on hold when we got back to the room. We also had a package delivered to the hotel and we had an issue getting the package from the hotel staff who stated that the package wasn't delivered. When we tracked the package it was listed as refused by recipient. It was a quick cab ride to the port of Miami.
Besides the service problems this hotel was fine. Clean, comfortable beds, plenty of pillows, a decent amount of space. The bathroom was large and had a nice shower. The pool area on the 4th floor roof top was incredible. Lots of little lounge chairs, a nice sized pool, a hot tub, and a big checker board.
Getting around without a car was pretty easy. The people mover is right around the corner. There is food and shopping within walking distance. There is a Episcopal church right next door as well as the Miami International University of Art & Design. It was quick and easy to get to the Bayside Market with more shopping and dining options.
My overall opinion is that while it is nice it did not meet my expectations and was not worth the price.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Mskaos
Columbia, South Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2013

Recently spent 4 days at this hotel. Upon entering the lobby was expecting a more elegant hotel as the room rates were somewhat pricey. We had requested a non-smoking room and when we got to our room we smelled cigarette smoke masked with a lot of floral spray. Calling the front desk to complain I was told that all rooms on my floor were non-smoking and that no other room was available and that the room had just been thoroughly cleaned and perhaps the floral scent was due to the cleaning materials for the room. As I hung my clothes in the closet I went to place something on the top shelf and a cigarette lighter fell to the floor. It was obvious someone had been smoking in the room or the maid was hiding her cigarette lighter in this room and using the room to smoke on the balcony. If this wasn't bad enought the room was extremely outdated, and furnishings looked old. Sleeping beds were non-special and pillows were cheap. The bathroom was the worst -- if you sat on the toilet you couldn't close the door because the door swung in and was about 1/2 inch from the toilet. The bathroom was not clean and tub tiles mildewed and cracked. There was no water pressure when showering. Also the hotel charged for wi-fi in the rooms 8-12 per day which is ridiculous. We ate breakfast one morning at the hotel restaurant. We chose the buffet not realizing it was 23.00 per person and there was not much on the buffet. If we had ordered from the menu we could have had the same food as the buffet except if would have been half what we paid. For what I thought was going to be a great hotel I was very disappointed. Be careful to order room service.....the prices are listed on the menu but after you place your order the price goes up and when I called them out on it they said the room menu prices were wrong. I told them it was fraud to do a bate and switch and they finally agreed to the menu rate, however when they brought my food not 30 mins later as told but an hour later they had not only charged me the higher rate but had tacked on 9 extra dollars. I called the desk and complained not so nicely until they agreed to take the charges off my bill. This hotel is not worth your time to stay here. They have a "gift shop" that is about the size of a small closet and water and drinks are $3-4 each. This hotel gouges you on everything and I would not recommend this hotel to anyone. It is the worst hotel I have ever stayed in.

Room Tip: We had a waterfront view.
Green Features: They don't have any environmentally-friendly practices.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
4 Thank SunSouth
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2013 via mobile

I had a nice experience staying at the Marriot,from the service to the atmosphere,close to Miami beach clean environment.i will be back for sure.beautiful women beautiful buildings 2min walk to downtown miami

Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013

stayed here for 2 nights while visiting a relative in miami. awesome hotel overlooking the bay into south beach area where you can view and island full of mansions and the carnival ships that dock on nearby. great pool area and always breezy for drying up quickly. great area loaded with nice expensive boats and yachts to view while walking to bayside markey place mall. nice gyn overlooking the water and friendly staff.

Room Tip: always ask for a room overlooking the bay on a high floor
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family