“Great service”

Ranked #15 of 127 Hotels in Miami
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed October 21, 2013

Loved the hotel!
Outstanding service, room perfectly clean, delicious food.
The staff was awesome, specially Megan, on the Front Desk, who treated me really well.
The Concierge was very helpful giving me directions on where to go in the city.
Great view from the restaurant deck, human size chess to have some fun at the pool area, and fine cocktails on happy hour.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo

Reviewed October 18, 2013

We stayed one night at this property and will definitely go back. We were in Miami for a cruise and the bay front rooms here all face the Port of Miami. Excellent views. Check in and out was very easy and the front desk staff was excellent. The hotel has corridors that run to the Miami Doubletree via a mini mall. Very convenient for small shopping and there are plenty of place close by to expand on that. Bayside is a block away as well as the bus station to South beach for $2.50 per person. The rooms were well appointed. It has a great fitness center and outdoor pool on the 5th floor. We really enjoyed it here.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 18, 2013

The Marriott at Biscayne Bay is beautiful! The room was clean, which I have come to trust with a Marriott experience. The staff was friendly, very attentive and eager to help. However, if you offer to help and when I reply that I do not need assistance, and then you still insist on helping me with my bags DON'T LOOK FOR A TIP. That was the worst part of the stay. The fitness center was the nicest I've experienced with a wonderful view. We got on the trolley and visited Bayside Marketplace for dinner and drinks, to see some nightlife. The trolley was nice and convenient. Even though we missed the last trolley for the night, the walk back to the hotel was not bad.

Room Tip: There is a restaurant in the hotel, which we did not eat in, and there is also a few restaurants bet...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 15, 2013

My friend and I stayed here one night in September prior to a cruise to the Bahamas. We had a room on the 18th floor overlooking the Port. I believe it was a corner room and did not have a balcony. The room was small but very clean with your typical comfortable Marriott beds. The bathroom was extremely tiny and probably the smallest of all the Marriott properties I have stayed at. I booked this hotel through the Marriott website with my credit card information. I few days later, I saw a better online rate with a AAA membership. Since I am not a member and my friend is, we changed the reservation to her name with her credit card info. Upon check in at the hotel, my friend presented her card and was told the number was already on file. The next morning we received our bill and checked that the amount was correct and proceeded to our ship. Once I returned home, I checked my bank account online and noted that my credit card had been charged and not my friends.. Had the clerk at reception verified that the card number presented was the same number he had in his system he would have corrected it. He was also supposed to verify the AAA membership which he did not do. After speaking to central reservations, they said they changed the rate but forgot to change the card information. Just a word of caution to readers to make sure your card is actually swiped as opposed to relying on them saying they have your credit card information.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 14, 2013

My wife and I spent six days in the hotel while she attended training for work. I am teaching an on-line class had to be able to lecture from the hotel room for eight hours a day and I was worried about feeling "cabin fever " after a day or two. The view of Biscayne Bay and the cruise port from our room was beautiful so I never felt cooped up. The hotel staff was absolutely fantastic, very professional, always friendly and answered our every request from cleaning the room at a particular time to helping set up my "office" in the room.

Room Tip: Ask for a view of the Cruise Port.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed October 14, 2013

We made a trip to the Miami Marriott Biscayne Bay for a wedding and found the location to be very convenient. Close to airport, close to port, a taxi ride away from South Beach, etc. The hotel was very clean and the staff took great pride in their job. The service was great all the way around.

The room was very spacious and comfortable. I couldn't get the iPod dock to work which was annoying. The bathroom was clean but SO SMALL!

The public areas where nice, restaurant was average but VERY OVERPRICED! Also, room service was so $$$, very average. I paid 42.00 for eggs, fruit plate and coffee.

There is a shopping center conveniently located right off the ground level of the hotel. It has a hair salon, clothing stores, pet grooming, restaurants, deli, pharmacy, even a psychic.

All in all, I would return. Thank you for a nice stay!

Room Tip: Try to get a room facing the marina. Great view but be warned, sun in room VERY early in the morning...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 13, 2013

The hotel is in a good location and very nice. The rooms are very bright, clean and quiet. The restaurant "Catch" has very nice outdoor seating/dinning with great views of the bay. Live music during happy hours was very enjoyable. The servers are all very nice and welcoming. The concierge lounge on the 26th floor has amazing views access available only to Marriott members. The check in process can be improved I am a Marriott elite member and it still took a while to check in as there were not enough staff. Also the concierge service could be better unable to contact them from my room had to go down and wait for a while before they located the person. Do not rely on the concierge for dinning recommendations as the place they recommended was not good after being seated we decided to leave the server was horrible. Looked up trip advisor for dinning recommendations and ended up going to coconut grove for dinner. Hotel was great will stay there again.

Room Tip: The hotel has beautiful view of the bay make sure you ask for a room facing the bay with a balcony...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business