“New downtown favorite”

Miami Marriott Biscayne Bay
Ranked #14 of 127 Hotels in Miami
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed October 4, 2013

I regularly visit downtown Miami on business, but this was my first time in this hotel, as I recently made a change in my hotel chain loyalty. I was very, very impressed. The hotel is beautiful and the view of Biscayne Bay and the cruise terminals are breathtaking. The room was very modern and the bed was heavenly. Catch was a comfortable lounge with a lot of Miami flavor. To have a drink in a modern South Beach style lounge, you don't even have to leave the hotel. I loved this hotel and will most certainly return. And I can't close this review without giving special kudos to Gina at the front desk. She was a sweetheart, and the upgrade to the bay view room she gave me meant a lot. I'm definitely returning!

Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Cruzaholic

Reviewed October 3, 2013

Only stayed one night prior to leaving on cruise, but enjoyed the stay. Nice location, connected to shopping and minutes from additional dining and area attractions. Convenient to cruise terminal with nice views of the Bay. Attended evening cocktail reception which was very nicely presented. Friendly and pleasant staff.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank James J
Reviewed October 3, 2013 via mobile

Checked in on the 1st of October following a flight from London
My first suprise was the new style interior and the friendly greeting from the two gentlemen at the front desk in particular the young gentleman who sounded like he was from England or Scotland he was very friendly and cheerful and checked me in and my colleagues quickly and efficiently
Everything from the newly restyled lobby , elevator interiors and room fittings was very impressive
I have been staying at this hotel for over 25 years and have seen many changes not just with the hotel but the surrounding area
Downtown Miami is easy walking distance ,South Beach a short cab ride
I look forward to my next visit

• Stayed: October 2013
1  Thank tcasLondon
Reviewed October 2, 2013

So, I was in Miami for a convention and during set up I was looking for a reasonable priced hotel. In Miami, it is not easy. I found this place for $150 less than where I moved to once my co-workers come down. This was a nice place for the money. The restaurant was good and the service was as expected. I would come back even on my dime. Enjoy!

Room Tip: Go for the ocean view although the pool view is nice as well.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Calvin D
Reviewed October 1, 2013

I just discovered the Marriott chain and I am aware now that I was missing some great hotel. I never thought that the higher price was worth it. Well I was wrong, the price is a bit higher, but soooooooooo worth it, the Customer service bravo. The staff all over was great, and helpful. We were on the 28th floor, view of the bay, what a view. We had breakfast at Espressamente, the coffee was very good and the chocolatines delicous. The room was clean and nicely decorated. Location good as well.

Room Tip: The higher and view on the bay.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed September 29, 2013

I have become a frequent quest at this hotel and have recommended it to several of my friends. The rooms are extremely clean and beautiful. The hotel staff from the front desk to housekeeping are the best every. The bar and restaurant staff have always been helpful and great at recommending a food selection.

Room Tip: ask for a room above the 4th floor facing the bay to see the cruiseliners being their morning voyage
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed September 29, 2013

It is a convention/business kinda hotel. It had a good location for traveling around the area. Average rooms, average everything. A free shuttle to take you to South Beach. There is a pool and a few shops and restaurants. I don't think I would stay again.

Room Tip: Get a room with a view.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business