“Good location for cruise port”

Miami Marriott Biscayne Bay
Ranked #13 of 125 Hotels in Miami
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed June 24, 2013

We recieved great service at this Marriott. Rooms were clean and our view from our room was beautiful! Only stayed one night as we were there for a cruise. Good location for ports and close drive to Miami Beach for dinner options.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Maria B

Reviewed June 21, 2013

This is an excellent hotel. I arrived with the expectations that this would be similar to most Marriott's. This is not bad, but, it is consistent, fair ,good service. But, not exceptional. This hotel is exceptional in my opinion. The staff was so accommodating and pleasant. The room was rather large and very comfortable. We had a balcony with an excellent view. I could not have been more pleased with this hotel. I look forward to a return to this excellent hotel.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Dan S
Reviewed June 20, 2013 via mobile

I recently had a business trip during which I had to book a block of rooms at a nearby hotel which was an utter disaster. Mid-stay I contacted this hotel to move the block and could not have been more pleased with their responsiveness and level of customer service despite many changes to the reservations on our part. The hotel is clean and modern with great views of the water. When we have to come back to this area, we will definitely return.

• Stayed: June 2013
2  Thank Sunshineday2013
Reviewed June 16, 2013

My first stay at this Marriott property. It is very reasonably priced compared with other large chain hotels in the Miami area. The rooms are spacious, although the bathroom was quite small. The view is spectacular across the Bay towards Miami beach. The service was good. The real downside to this hotel is that it is rather dated and could do with a facelift.

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor to get the best view.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Washingtonianwoman
Reviewed June 10, 2013

We just had our wedding at this hotel and could not be more pleased! We stayed here several times before the actual event in order to plan, and had great experiences every time.

Bertha and Alexina made sure every detail was fantastic. They bent over backwards for requests - such as an exotic martini bar at our cocktail hour, without overcharging us. We had a very, very complicated room reservation order because of approximately 60 family/friends and varying lengths of stay. They got every detail right and let us make a few changes at the very last minute, too. The bar/restaurant are pricey - but very reasonable for Miami prices. Food and service are WELL worth it. Carlos was an amazing server. Truly - he took care of a table of 18 from 8 pm until 2 am one night of our stay and we all (kids and adults) had a blast. It's a clean, classy, fun hotel with outstanding everything.

Room Tip: Go for the bay view rooms. Well worth the difference in price.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank Islandvacationlover
MarriottMiami, Manager at Miami Marriott Biscayne Bay, responded to this reviewResponded June 11, 2013

Greetings!

We are delighted that you enjoyed your recent visit with us. Thank you for taking the time to post your review of the Miami Marriott Biscayne Bay!

Reviewed June 9, 2013

I arrived to the hotel amidst the fiery of a tropical storm but the heavy rain and wind did not delay even in a second the opening of the doors and the warm welcoming of the staff. I was immediately provided with a room, although the lobby was filled with new arriving guests and a smiling concierge helped me to my room showing me around as we walked to my room. The room on the top 27th floor facing the ocean was beautiful and the spectacular lightning show added splendor to the moment. The rain was so heavy I took my meal at the bar and it was good value. Could one ask for more?

Room Tip: Nothing better than A room facing the ocean on a high floor
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Dalit B

Good Day!

If there is one thing we know how to handle down here in South Florida, it is tropical storms. As much as we would like to be able to control the weather, we are happy that the environment we created in the hotel was to your liking. Thanks so much for your business and we hope to see you again!

Reviewed June 8, 2013

I was shocked to see a Marriott Hotel that was not at the standard it should have been,
The Hotel was tired and defiantly needs an uplift.
The gym was old fashioned and so was the pool area. As was the restaurant.

Although the rooms were clean.

We are a family of four adults and one child and we were not put on the same floor. I did book the same view for both rooms but one did not have the view we expected.

In my opinion this hotel is not up to standard with the price you pay.

Room Tip: We were in room 2005 this room had a good view.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family