“Fantastic facilities and service!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Miami Marriott Biscayne Bay
Ranked #16 of 122 Hotels in Miami
GreenLeadersSilver level
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“Fantastic facilities and service!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2013

We just had our wedding at this hotel and could not be more pleased! We stayed here several times before the actual event in order to plan, and had great experiences every time.

Bertha and Alexina made sure every detail was fantastic. They bent over backwards for requests - such as an exotic martini bar at our cocktail hour, without overcharging us. We had a very, very complicated room reservation order because of approximately 60 family/friends and varying lengths of stay. They got every detail right and let us make a few changes at the very last minute, too. The bar/restaurant are pricey - but very reasonable for Miami prices. Food and service are WELL worth it. Carlos was an amazing server. Truly - he took care of a table of 18 from 8 pm until 2 am one night of our stay and we all (kids and adults) had a blast. It's a clean, classy, fun hotel with outstanding everything.

Room Tip: Go for the bay view rooms. Well worth the difference in price.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
3 Thank Islandvacationlover
MarriottMiami, Manager at Miami Marriott Biscayne Bay, responded to this review, June 11, 2013
Greetings!

We are delighted that you enjoyed your recent visit with us. Thank you for taking the time to post your review of the Miami Marriott Biscayne Bay!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (656)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Tel Aviv
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 9, 2013

I arrived to the hotel amidst the fiery of a tropical storm but the heavy rain and wind did not delay even in a second the opening of the doors and the warm welcoming of the staff. I was immediately provided with a room, although the lobby was filled with new arriving guests and a smiling concierge helped me to my room showing me around as we walked to my room. The room on the top 27th floor facing the ocean was beautiful and the spectacular lightning show added splendor to the moment. The rain was so heavy I took my meal at the bar and it was good value. Could one ask for more?

Room Tip: Nothing better than A room facing the ocean on a high floor
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Dalit B
Good Day!

If there is one thing we know how to handle down here in South Florida, it is tropical storms. As much as we would like to be able to control the weather, we are happy that the environment we created in the hotel was to your liking. Thanks so much for your business and we hope to see you again!
Warwick, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 8, 2013

I was shocked to see a Marriott Hotel that was not at the standard it should have been,
The Hotel was tired and defiantly needs an uplift.
The gym was old fashioned and so was the pool area. As was the restaurant.

Although the rooms were clean.

We are a family of four adults and one child and we were not put on the same floor. I did book the same view for both rooms but one did not have the view we expected.

In my opinion this hotel is not up to standard with the price you pay.

Room Tip: We were in room 2005 this room had a good view.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Gail3333
New York City, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 7, 2013

I stayed for on business but it seemed that many of the guests were staying overnight before or after cruises because the hotel is very close to the cruise ship terminal. Virtually every day, the lobby was crowded with people and luggage waiting for rooms. I was upgraded to a huge suite with amazing views. If your room is on the waterfront side of the hotel, you will be in for a real treat but be aware that since the hotel is adjacent to a marina, it can be somewhat noisy from time to time. I was on the tenth floor and in my room it was loud when some of the speedboats started up but the views are definitely worth the bit of noise now and then. I recommend paying extra for a waterview room because the views were that spectacular. I understand from colleagues that their rooms were somewhat small and tired but I was delighted with my room. Also, I really appreciated the kindness of the room service staff. I had been dealing with some stomach issues (likely as a result of an international trip immediately prior) and the first evening I just did not feel well. I cancelled a business dinner and went back to my room. The only thing I could possibly eat was grilled cheese on the children's menu and when I mentioned why I was ordering from the children's menu, I was offered tea and when I declined that, I was offered hot chocolate which was not even on the menu. A pot of hot chocolate was delivered along with my grilled cheese very quickly and after I ate, I began to feel better. I am sorry I do not know that name of the individual to thank for the kindness, but it was true hospitality and I appreciate it. The ability to have room service and receipt of service when you really need or want it is what truly sets a full service hotel apart from other places to stay. I did not use the pool or fitness center so cannot comment but another evening some colleagues and I met for dessert at the restaurant's outside terrace that had music. The restaurant was out of most of the items on the menu but what was served was well presented. Also the waitstaff was gracious and left us alone to talk but was very good about keeping coffee and water glasses filled. I would stay at the hotel again.

Room Tip: Ask for a waterview room for a spectacular view!
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
3 Thank AnAnthropologist
Shrewsbury, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 4, 2013

We stayed at the Marriott Biscayne Bay just last week, we stayed for 1 night before we went on a Cruise. My husband and i travelled with our 1 year old, and my mother-in-law.

I have to say i was a little disappointed as the pictures make the hotel look better than it is. It is still a good, clean and modern hotel, but not as trendy and chic as the pictures make out. It only took us about 10 minutes in a taxi to get to the Port of Miami for our cruise, so the location was convenient.

Our room was very large and we had a balcony which overlooked the swimming pool, and with a partial view of the bay.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank ChloeEdwards
Cape Town Central, South Africa
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2013

This hotel is well located to explore the city and the beach. It's a five minute walk from a bus terminal. We used the buses to get to Miami Beach. The room was large, and had a small balcony that overlooked the bay. The concierge was excellent. She was very knowledgeable, and seemed sincere about wanting to offer guests the best experience of the city. The hotel is attached to a mall which has a wide variety of dining options for all budgets. A taxi to the airport costs about $25.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank GarethKZN
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2013

Modern, chic hotel. We had a patio...didn't expect that (great view). The staff went above and beyond...and we're friendly. They have a 24 hour gym with great equipment and free bottled water. The front door taxi service is very organized and smooth. The rooms were clean (could have used more towels)... But overall I would definitely stay here again....5-15 min taxi ride to most area attractions.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends