“Nice View, Friendly and Professional Staff (with one negative)”

Miami Marriott Biscayne Bay
Ranked #14 of 128 Hotels in Miami
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed May 26, 2013

Large hotel, nicely decorated. Comfortable and classy lobby space with ample lounge space and small units with individual televisions.

Modern, Miami decor in the room. All was clean except that one of the pillow cases was stained. Bed could have been a little more comfortable. Furnishings looked to be in good shape. Bathroom was clean and bright with a nice shower.

Beautiful view overlooking the bay, dock below, and cruise ships in the distance. Very nice and relaxing to gaze out upon this scene in a very comfortable and well-appointed room with plenty of sunlight.

Front desk staff and service in the lobby (while waiting for the room to be ready) was extremely professional and friendly.

One negative. I found the bell-hop to be very friendly and helpful, but at one point, he became somewhat of a tout. After he suggested possibly taking a tour from the hotel, and us showing some interest, he went on and on about having him book the tour for us. I told him I would think about it, and he went on saying that the tours fill up quickly and it would be better if he booked it. I did not buy this at all, especially since this was a weekday, and especially since he called the room about 30 min before one of the tours was supposed to depart to see if we were still interested. His aggressiveness in pushing us to book a tour through him was not appreciated. We ended up not going on a tour partly because of us being tired, but also partly because of his pushiness.

I didn't use the wifi, but I find it to be a bit of a nuisance when hotels (especially the larger ones for some reason) charge for wifi use. In these times, I think that it should be provided free of charge for hotel guests, and many hotels are doing this (or just including the cost in the daily rate). There was supposedly free wifi use in the lobby, but only for a limited time.

The hotel is located in a nice part of Miami, not too far off from the cruise ships or the airport (about a $25 taxi ride to the airport). About a 17-20 min walk to American Airlines Arena and the Bayside Marketplace (with an assortment of stores, restaurants, and tourist shops). Close proximity to a free shuttle bus that goes to downtown Miami (takes about 20 min to make a full loop, per the front desk staff). Although I didn't use it, the hotel provides a free shuttle to go to South Beach.

If you want to be slightly closer to the cruise ship port, American Airlines Arena, and the shops at Bayside Marketplace, the Holiday Inn seems to be better situated. But, I didn't stay there, so don't know much about it.

One of the restaurants at the hotel, Catch, was okay. It was a good place for a convenient and quick bite to eat, but nothing amazing.

Overall, this was a very good hotel at a reasonable price for the area. I enjoyed my stay and found the staff to be very professional and friendly aside from the one mishap noted above. I would consider staying here again.

Room Tip: Get a high floor with a bay view for a romantic experience.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (3,329)

Reviewed May 26, 2013

I stayed here last year for the Miami Heat Parade.
My friend came to visit me in Miami and we stayed here a couple nights.
When we arrived it seemed as though their electricity was out but the staff catered everyone's needs. They had pizza, sodas and beer in the lobby for their guests. My friend and I (both work for hotels) and we thought they did a great job dealing with their situation. I don't remember the gentleman's name, but one of their managers were in the lobby making sure to help out. They were all so friendly it was great. Then our room was so spacious. The bed was so comfortable! As we stood out on the balcony to look out, we met another couple guests who were on their balcony. These guests were in town from NY for the night because it was their friends 30th birthday and they were getting on a cruise the next day.
We ended up becoming friends and took a taxi over to Bayside for the night.
It was a great experience in general and I hope to make it back this year for another Miami Heat championship!

Room Tip: Any room on a high enough floor will have a great view of Miami
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 25, 2013

This is a fantastic hotel with an exceptional staff. The hotel is a typical, consistent Marriott. Somewhat above average, but not luxurious. But the staff could not have been nicer. I was involved in a minor accident a couple of miles from the hotel. But, as I had a minor injury, this hotel staff truly exceeded expectations in ensuring my comfort and satisfaction. I could not have asked for better service. I could not recommend this staff enough!!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Mark B
Reviewed May 23, 2013

I choose this hotel based on reviews I had read and the distance to the cruise port and it was perfect. We had a high room with a nice view of the cruise ships and the day we went to our cruise it was about a 10 minute taxi ride, very convenient. We got in around 12p the day before our cruise and the hotel front desk staff were very welcoming and helped us with suggestions on what to do for the afternoon and told us about the free trolley that stops just across the street. The rooms were just fine, if a bit small, but for just a one night stay, it worked great. The hotel is attached to a little mall which has a few shops, some smaller restaurants, a liquor store, deli and upstairs the Casablanca restaurant which was way better than expected. We spent time having drinks at the Marriotts hotel bar, The Catch before and after dinner. The staff there were very nice. Before dinner we enjoyed sitting outside on the patio, enjoying their extensive couch seating and the nice weather. The half off happy hour prices were a nice bonus. We came back later for some after dinner drinks at the bar as well. We came down in the morning to the Catch again to have the buffett breakfast which was good, made to order waffles and omelets plus all the traditional buffett hot fixing, pastry, yogurts etc.
We spent a little bit of time sitting out by the pool reading before we headed our to the cruise port.
I wil definitely stay at this hotel again the next time we are in Miami

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank SMGBostonMA
Reviewed May 20, 2013

My now husband an I spend our honey moon at this paradise .
Having julissa accommodate us to our special needs with my husband been in a wheelchair
Julissa provide us with the most incredible experience .juanita was in charge of our suit located
At the most convenient side of the wing services were acomodating every single that were required
We will return for our 5 year anniversary ...
Tks. Julissa excellent customer service

Room Tip: Have julissa help you.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 18, 2013

The hotel is good, nothing fancy, but the people that works there will do their best to make you happy :)

The restaurants are EXCELLENT great food and better personal.

EXCELLENT room service and if you need to speak with a manager, you will never get ANYWHERE somebody better than Julissa, she is just pure attitude and joy! as professional as a definition!! second to none!!

Room Tip: The suites have an amazing bay view and plenty of room :)
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed May 13, 2013

My friends' and I stayed at the Marriott Biscayne Bay. It was absolutely great. As you arrive you are welcomed with a smile and staff asks where you're coming from. then you are given a brief on location of restaurants, things to do in the area and hotel services. We had a room on the 23rd floor with a balcony with a view of the city and the Bay....breathtaking. Room was spacious with 2 queen beds. Bathroom was natural tone with marbel counters. We recieved complimentary breakfast which consisted of various pastries, a cold and hot beverage. Enjoying breakfast on the balcony was so relaxing.
the hotel offered a complimentary shuttle van which transported to south Beach(5th and Washington) about 5 different times of the day, 9:30pm being the last shuttle. there was also a free trolley adjacent to the hotel touring Downtown Miami. Service and staff were exceptional and went beyond if needed too. I will definately return.

Room Tip: ask for a room on the higher floor so you can enjoy the view.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank hershey24
MarriottMiami, Manager at Miami Marriott Biscayne Bay, responded to this reviewResponded May 14, 2013

Greetings!

Thank you for posting your review of our hotel on TripAdvisor! We are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We have positioned ourselves as the Bridge to Everything Miami and with services such as our shuttle, we make it easy to connect our guests with all that our area has to offer. We look forward to your next visit!