“exceptional service” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersSilver level
New york
“exceptional service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

My friends' and I stayed at the Marriott Biscayne Bay. It was absolutely great. As you arrive you are welcomed with a smile and staff asks where you're coming from. then you are given a brief on location of restaurants, things to do in the area and hotel services. We had a room on the 23rd floor with a balcony with a view of the city and the Bay....breathtaking. Room was spacious with 2 queen beds. Bathroom was natural tone with marbel counters. We recieved complimentary breakfast which consisted of various pastries, a cold and hot beverage. Enjoying breakfast on the balcony was so relaxing.
the hotel offered a complimentary shuttle van which transported to south Beach(5th and Washington) about 5 different times of the day, 9:30pm being the last shuttle. there was also a free trolley adjacent to the hotel touring Downtown Miami. Service and staff were exceptional and went beyond if needed too. I will definately return.

Room Tip: ask for a room on the higher floor so you can enjoy the view.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
3 Thank hershey24
MarriottMiami, Manager at Miami Marriott Biscayne Bay, responded to this review, May 14, 2013
Greetings!

Thank you for posting your review of our hotel on TripAdvisor! We are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We have positioned ourselves as the Bridge to Everything Miami and with services such as our shuttle, we make it easy to connect our guests with all that our area has to offer. We look forward to your next visit!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (565)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

We stayed here for one night before a cruise and it was a really pleasant stay. The huge windows in our room were an added plus as we could see the sunset over the harbor and the ships coming in. Very comfortable beds.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

Was in Miami for a conference at the convention centre but we decided not to stay at the nearby South Beach area which has hotels half the standard of Marriott and at ridiculous prices at that time of the year. Marriott Biscayne Bay is a little dated but overall a comfortable and typical Marriott hotel. It is just a short ten minutes drive to downtown and South Beach, and within 5minutes walk you also have a big supermarket and Burger King. I will stay there again in my next visit. However, if you are gong there for a vacation, it may not be that ideal as there is nothing much nearby for kids.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Calgary, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013

My wife and I got a room at the Miami Marriott Biscayne Bay for one night before our cruise left the next day. When we arrived I asked for a room upgrade as it was our 1 year anniversary that day and the receptionist was happy to give it to us free of charge. The room was very nice and clean and overlooked the marina. If I had to nit-pick, the only issue I had would be that the t.v. channels were not well recieved as it seemed the reception was not too good on a handfull of them, but Im just picking straws. In the morning the hotel had a very tasty breakfast which was either buffet style or order. We got the buffet breakfast as part of our room package and it was very good. Omlettes to order and lots of other stuff. After breakfast we asked if there was a shopping mall close by and was told where and how to get there by the city's free trolley system. All in all it was a very good one day experiance for my wife and I and I would recomend it to anyone...but it is close to the airport and there were some low flying planes from time to time - however we never heard them while we slept.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
South Bend, Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013 via mobile

This hotel is very close to Port Miami and other attractions. The room was average size with comfortable mattress, furniture in good condition and overall the room felt clean. We had a partial water view from the small balcony.

Although not really advertised but there is a small mall that is attached to the hotel that was very convenient.

The hotel's restaurant has a large breakfast buffet that was good but a little pricy for breakfast.

• Stayed April 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars
Montréal
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

I stayed at the Marriott for 6 nights and I do not regret it. You do not deceive you with Marriott. The service and comfort are the two forces of the group hotel. The people at the reception are empathetic and room service is excellent. The breakfast is very good and I was glad it was included in the price of my stay because otherwise, expect to pay around $ 50 for two. I only tip to pay about $ 6 per lunch. Not so bad. Annoying fact, I had to tell the waitress each morning that breakfast was included in my room rate and then she asked me my room number and name each time. Tiring. In comparison, the Marriott Old Quebec City gives me coupons to present. Lot better ... Noise room doors slamming very hard. The door frame is made of metal and they added a strip of metal to the wooden door. When the door closes automatically and quickly, imagine the noise. Very early in the morning, it wakes you up. The rooms are not very big but the bed is very comfortable with its foam mattress. I loved the king size bed as I had requested. The bathroom is very small but beautiful. I hate the fixed shower head and I much prefer the telephone shower head because it's faster to rinse. The hotel would save money in hot water too. We see that the hotel has undergone millions in renovations. Especially inside when you enter the grand lobby. The outdoor pool and patio are very outdated though. The restaurant offers a simple menu too and I went for supper at Casablanca Double Tree next to the hotel a few times, best menu and the view is much better. If you want to go to South Beach, just book your place with the concierge at the front desk. The free bus will take you there the next day. I enjoyed even if the bus always arrived late at the hotel. The trip takes 15-20 minutes. In summary, the hotel offers a room with a very comfortable bed and excellent overall service. I would recommende this Marriott without hesitation.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars
Philadelphia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

We were sailing on a 7 night cruise and wanted to arrive in Miami a day before, to be on the safe side, We normally stay in the downtown area at the Intercontinental, but the rate for one night was expensive.

Searching around on the internet we found a really good deal for this Marriott, under $150, that included breakfast for two, Could not pass that up.

When we arrived our luggage was taken by the bellman from our taxi.

My husband is scared of heights, so we requested a room below the 10th floor. A room was ready and we were on the 9th floor. The agent also said we had a balcony. I had read in advance on Tripadvisor, that some rooms have balconies.

Our luggage was bought up for us. Make sure you have a lot of dollar bills for tipping.

Our room was a corner room with a king size bed, desk, 32 inch flat screen tv, alarm clock with ipod dock and a safe. The sink is outside the bathroom door and the toilet and shower are in the bathroom. It worked out great for us. It takes me longer to get ready, so I shower before hubby and while he was taking his shower, I can brush my teeth and do hair and makeup and he wasn't intruding in my space.

The balcony had 2 chairs and a table on it with a water view of Biscayne Bay and boats docked there. Very nice. If I could say one bad thing, it would be the balcony rail paint was chipped. Other than that, our room was clean.

We put our passports and majority of money in the safe. After our luggage was dropped off, we went out to have an early dinner. We went down to the hotels restaurant and chose to eat outside, My husband wanted steak and shrimp and they did not have it on the menu. So we got up and walked around to the attached mini mall to see what other options we had for dinner.

We came across this Steakhouse in the mall. It's next to the store that sells wine. I forgot the name, but the place was superb.

It had an old Italian feel to it, nice music playing, white tablecloths on the table and everything. They had Porterhouse steak on the menu, so hubby was in steak heaven. They cooked his steak just the way he likes, medium well. I had barbecue baby back ribs, We both had jumbo shrimp cocktails. Hubby is very picky and don't eat cold shrimp. The chef seasoned and cooked the shrimp for him and he said they were so good. The cocktail sauce was the best I ever had. I asked about it and they said its the chef recipe. We ordered a bottle of Rothschild wine and the evening was perfect.

As we were settling our bill, we told our waitress we will be coming back here. She said they have a lot of repeat customers and the other night Nene Leakes from the Atlanta Housewives ate there. She pointed to the booth. Nene's acting now and was in town filming.

We wobbled back to the room. We were both tired from traveling, so we fell asleep early and woke up about 9pm. Hubby went down to the sports bar to catch up on the football draft. I watched tv and later on played my ipod on the docking station, while I read a book I had bought with me. The bed was super comfortable.

When my husband came back to the room, he said the bar was jumping and he was a bit tipsy. He loves Miami, so he enjoyed his evening as well.

In the morning, hubby wanted to go back to the restaurant for breakfast, We didn't even use the free breakfast option. Breakfast was just as good. We both had French Toast and Bacon with fresh squeezed OJ.

We went back to our room around 10am and my husband wanted to sleep some more. He was still trying to recover from the previous night. So I let him sleep until 12pm while I went back to the mall to get wine for the cruise and walk around a bit.

This hotel is perfect for a night before your cruise. Taxis were waiting outside the hotel and wasn't expensive at all. Everyone we encountered were attentive and I can't say one bad thing about our stay.

It's nice to be relaxed and calm before your cruise.

We plan on cruising again in December and my husband already told me he wants to come back here for our precruise stay.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple